- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: NSZGU1
- Item Package Quantity: 1
Sony NSZGU1 BRAVIA Smart Stick with Google Service
- Search live TV1, internet & apps with text & voice search
- Thousands of apps from Google Play2 on your Sony TV
- Expanded access to video apps, including Netflix
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It is compatible with the Sony Bravia R S W X series.
This smart stick should be connected to the MHL HDMI port.
What is in the box?
1. Smart Stick
2. Micro HDMI Cable
3. Remote Control
4. Size AA Sony batteries
5. Micro USB cable
6. IR (infrared) Blaster Cable.
1.The remote control has a mic, which enables voice search (in google, youtube, channels etc)
2. Chrome built in browser, with flash version 11.2 enabled. ( you can use bookmarks, etc)
3. Access to Google Play to download android apps which runs directly in your smart stick, displaying in your TV (big size)
4. The smart stick updates itself (from 3.0 to google tv version 4.0)
5. The Smart Stick to be accessed by FTP
6. Picture and Picture, display two pictures, such as a TV program and a website, on the screen, simultaneously.
7. I like the way Sony is designing the integration between the regular TV(cable/satellite ) and the latest Internet technologies, it is art
1. I would like to have more android apps compatible with Google TV ( I know developers are working on it), but it is not bad at this point.
2. Some web sites are not 100% total flash compatible, but I know this is a new technology and some web site are working on compatibility. I have sent some emails to the webmasters about it, :)
It allows for Google TV to be used natively with a 2013+ Sony TV. What is Google TV you are probably asking. Well, it is a form of smart TV. There is an HDMI in and the HDMI out is that plug you actually plug into the TV's HDMI MHL input. Some of the 2013 TV's don't have extra power through the HDMI to power this device so you have to also connect it via USB for power. It is all really simple to connect. There is also a micro SD card input. Lastly there is also an IR out and emitter. The emitter is a little IR bulb on a cable that you place in front of the cable box IR receiver. I used a flashlight and shined it on the face of my cable box so I could find the little IR receiver port and then glued the emitter next to it. It also connects to the INTERNET but only through WIFI so you need a wireless router or wireless bridge of some keep that in mind if your whole network is only wired Ethernet.
Via the HDMI in on this little stick, you connect your cable box though HDMI to this little stick and it will process the cable information it receives and connect that information with the INTERNET. First you have to select your provider and remote settings and then it will work. For example it can bring up a program guide to tell you when it will be on next or if you have a fancy cable box that can record TV it can set up automatic recording through your box or possible to an HDD or micro SD card, I haven't tried this yet but it provides me with this option. It also has a built in microphone in the remote so you can speak search criteria or other things to it instead of typing. It can also do voice memos and such.Read more ›
So I bought this product, used albeit, and install went smoothly and everything worked perfectly until it stopped working.
Had to reset TV to make it work again.
In a few days it happened again.
And yesterday it stopped working for good.
Sony's instructions on fixing it are absolutely useless - tried everything.
The product has two parts - the remote and the stick which you have to connect directly to TV.
The stick is a bit heavy to hang like it does from HDMI port.
So this duo simply fails to load operating system, I have no idea where the problem lies:
could be TV connection to the stick, communication problem between remote and a stick or some kind of hardware problem in one of them.
So here I am. Contacted the seller - after all, its only one month old !!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's not really a replacement control for your TV. It does make one input channel that you jack a few other devices into. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very disappointed. I Spent 4 hours trying to get it to work with my brand new 65 inch 4k sony tv. I can't believe sony can't make sony work with sony. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Terry appleton
Was all excited to try this product again since thought the pervious product wasnt functioning as well it keep restarting my tv , and same it this with the second one , really... Read morePublished 9 months ago by juan cruz
Nice idea, but is quite annoying to deal with. Frequently disconnects and gives issues when using the IR blaster with the cable. Just a real hassle to use. Read morePublished 17 months ago by ray mendoza
Remote doesn't control basic functions like volume control , power on or off , constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to network and my AirPort Extreme is right next to the tv. Read morePublished on April 13, 2014 by michael
BEWARE: only R, S, W, X Series Sony TV are supported!!!
I bought it from a brick and mortar Sony Store. Read more
I'm writing this up because it's impossible to find a definitive answer to the questions I had before I bought the stick. Read morePublished on October 18, 2013 by SamIAm