Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM2: Over Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone - Hi Res Audio and Active Sound Cancellation - Gold (2017 model)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
This product has Amazon Alexa functionality built in, providing a voice forward experience that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read news, and more.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noises
- SMART LISTENING: Quickly detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation
- TOUCH CONTROL: Skip a track, change the volume and take or make calls just by touching a headphone
- FAST CHARGING: Enjoy up to 30 hrs of cordless NC and a 10 min quick charge for 70 more mins of play
- WIRED OR WIRELESS: Go hands free or plug in the over-ear headset for streaming and noise reduction
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Activate your cell phones voice assistant with a simple touch on the right earphone
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset with Mic for phone-call and Alexa voice control - Industry Leading Active Noise Cancellation – Black
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Noise-Cancelling, with Alexa Voice Control - Rose Gold
SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Wireless Over Ear Bluetooth Headphones, 40H Playtime, Hi-Res Audio, Deep Bass, Memory Foam Ear Cups, for Travel, Home Office
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WHXB900N: Wireless Bluetooth Over The Ear Headset with Mic for Phone-Call and Alexa Voice Control - Black (WH-XB900N/B)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ShopSmart Deals||AnkerDirect||Amazon.com|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear|
|Item Dimensions||7.29 x 2.92 x 9.81 inches||7.31 x 2.94 x 10.44 inches||3.20 x 6.70 x 7.10 inches||7.26 x 3.03 x 9.93 inches||7.68 x 7.09 x 3.07 inches||9.50 x 7.86 x 3.50 inches|
|Item Weight||0.61 lbs||0.56 lbs||0.52 lbs||0.56 lbs||0.58 lbs||0.56 lbs|
|Special Features||Noise Isolation||Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones (WH-1000XM3)||Noise Cancellation||Noise-Canceling||Hi-Res Audio, Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation, BassUp Technology, Crystal-Clear Calls, Foldable, Noise Cancellation, Volume-Control||Noise Cancellation|
DIGITAL NOISE CANCELLATION Sony’s WH-1000XM2 premium noise-canceling headphones let you completely immerse yourself in your music anytime, anywhere. Bluetooth and NFC technology offer wireless freedom, while industry-leading noise cancellation blocks out background noise. SMART LISTENING Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control detects your activities and environment in order to adjust the ambient sound accordingly. Download the Sony | Headphones Connect App for Android/iOS to customize your settings and hear audio optimized for where you are and what you’re doing. TOUCH CONTROL With a swipe of a fingertip on the right ear cup, you can control tracks and volume, use your phone’s voice assistant, and take or make phone calls. Double tap for hands-free calling, and place your hand over the entire cup to instantly lower the volume for conversation. HI-RES AUDIO A 40mm driver pairs with Sony’s DSEE HX software for powerful hi-resolution audio, ensuring you’re hearing music the way it was meant to be heard. S-Master HX technology also enhances the sound and reduces distortion, while LDAC wireless streaming transmits data in a flash. - Industry leading noise cancellation as of August 31, 2017 according to research by Sony Corporation and measured using JEITA compliant guidelines. - Battery life will vary based on your unique setting, environmental conditions and usage. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth devices may vary. - Customized sound requires download of the Sony | Headphones Connect app for iPhone from the App Store or for Android from Google Play. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Subject to app terms and conditions. - Headphones are only compatible with High-Resolution audio when wired. - Voice assist function is compatible with an Android smartphone (Google App) or iPhone (Siri). Bluetooth connection is required. Cord Length: Headphone cable (approx. 4.92', OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug); Frequency Response: 4 Hz-40,000 Hz; NFC: Yes; Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable); Volume Sensor: Touch Sensor
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The touchpad is not a new feature but it is worth mentioning since Bose does not have this feature. Swipe up or down to control the volume. Swipe right or left to change the music. It is very intuitive and easy. You can even press long to activate Siri. Double tap to stop music or take a phone call.
Also, you can cup the right ear and disable the noise canceling and listen to others.
You can check the battery level by the home screen of a smartphone. I have only seen even numbers such as 100%, 70%, and 50% (then I would charge so I have not seen low numbers because of the reason). Maybe the headphone cannot tell the battery level precisely.
Bluetooth connection is great. I can leave my phone and go to next room without breaking the connection. Switching the devices is not easy though. With Bose, you can connect two devices at the same time. However, with 1000XM2, you need to disconnect one device to use other device.
To switch the device (updated)
1. Go to setting. Bluetooth, then disconnect WH-1000XM2.
2. Go to the other device, hit setting, Bluetooth, then click to connect.
If you don't want to touch the device connected currently but wans to switch the device (for example, 1000XM2 is connected to iPad that is in your bag and you don't want to pull it out), you can
1. Turn off the 1000XM2
2. Turn on and keep pressing power button to activate bluetooth pairing.
3. Go to your device you want to connect. Hit setting, bluetooth, then connect to 1000XM2.
Honestly, I don't mind doing this but I wish we could connect two iOS devices at the same time.
Sony and Bose are both excellent noise cancelling (NC) headphones. While QC35 cannot turn off the NC, 1000XM2 can turn of NC. Previous 1000X had a problem with phone call where you cannot hear yourself (so you end up shouting). Sony has fixed this problem and now 1000XM2 let you hear your voice easily with voice focus mode. Making phone call is much easier now.
#Sony headphone connect app
This app allows you to change the setting of NC based on your activity. You can pre-set the level of NC + voice focus according to your activity (rest, walking, running, and transportation). For frequent fliers, it can adjust the pressure too. You can also change where the sound comes from. For example, you can set as if the sound comes from your back.
When I was using 1000XM2 in the office, I used voice focus mode. It was very interesting experience because I did not hear any noise from construction etc but I heard my coworkers voice. Voice is picked up from the mic so it is an interesting experience.
It honestly looks fantastic. I usually pick the black color but I tried gold at this time. The case of headphone had two-tone color (gold in the middle). It looks great. Please look at attached pictures as it tells you more how nice it looks. The headphone has hinges so you can actually make it very small and put it into the case.
I cannot speak too much about the sound because I am not a professional musician. However, in my opinion, it sounds absolutely nice. It sounds even better than Bose QC35 but it is just my opinion. With the connect app, you can also change the sound effect such as Arena, Club, Outdoor Stage, and Concert Hall. It is subjective so you might want to try it before you buy, but I am very much satisfied.
This is where BOSE QC35 (quiet comfort) comes into play. WH 1000XM2 is comfortable but I feel my ears are hot after using this for 1 hour. The pad is touching my ears with 1000XM2 whereas QC35 has deeper ear pad. QC35 is much more comfortable for me.
I know cracking was the problem with 1000X. So far, it has been OK but I will definitely give updates after using several months (hope nothing will happen). It looks very sturdy and does not make the clicking sound when I open the headphone.
So which one you should buy? I am very happy with 1000XM2 because it has many features and long battery life (30 hours!). However, you may want to try it on before you buy because BOSE is more comfortable.
I just want to add something for amazon it would be alot better to see reviews from people that pay not a bunch of reviews from people that receive the product for free. I have been noticing alot more vine reviews and they are always high because duh they are receiving a free product this is a shady practice in my opinion. I want a real review of someone that is willing to come off 400.00 of their hard earned money then give a review.
Unfortunatley that's moot because after a month and a half of regular use the side of the headband cracked. Rendering it useless. Looked online and saw there are MANY people with the same problem and concerns. Someone from Sony even left a comment under a review on Amazon saying the issue has been looked at and "measures had been taken".
Contacted Sony about a repair / replace and was told that wouldn't happen. Even though it's their defective product. They are the ones who chose to use cheap plastic on 400 dollar headphones, I'm the one paying for it.
I'm never buying Sony again.
Update: well yes great sound quality, but after 5 months, same problem as previous model, mine got broken as usual at the headband.According to Sony, this is "physical damage".. Now I took good care of them and put them always in the original case... Omg Sony... What a disaster. Exactly today I was considering to pre-order the new camera Sony A73.... Well I might think twice after this treatment.
Top international reviews
1.Sounds amazing for a bluetooth headphone. You get a bit more sparkle listening using the aux cable.
2. Amazing noise cancellation.(Best of all)
3. I guess it is more enjoyable than the qc35ii's, cause I tried them too. The bose's sound is a bit cleaner and flat in my opinion.
4. Battery backup is amazing.
5. Touch controls r handy.
6. Looks really good.
7. No sound leaks.
1. Dont expect audiophille quality.
2. Negligible difference between the LDAC and normal quality.
3. If u previously own any of sony's hear on's or hear in's, high res headphones or earphones, the sound is gonna be quite the same. Offcourse its better, but the slight improvement doesnot justify the price.(if u r only buying for the sound quality).
4. Touch doesnot always work smoothly.
Apart from these, nothing else should bother u.
1) After a month, headphones Ambient Noise was active while the headphone wasn't responding to any button presses (including Noise Cancel+Power for 7s, didn't work). SOLUTION: I plugged it into a laptop/desktop, detected headphones, unplug, and that did the trick to reset the headphone completely. Seriously though, this kind of crap shouldn't be happening on a $400 headphone, yeah?
2) Headphone will randomly turn off intermittently. An unknown symptom, rarely happens, but a heads up if you experience the same problem. Couldn't find a solution as it's very random.
3) Upgrading firmware through Sony Headphone Connect has now caused my Bluetooth to respond slower than usual (finger-touch response had delayed responses to the phone).
4) Microphone on the headphone has a difficult time picking up what you're saying with background ambient noise (Google Assistant, you have failed me :(). Otherwise, it works fine indoors.
1) Audio quality beats the Bose QC35 AS LONG as your audio files are uncompressed (FLAC, WAV), Sony's LDAC audio streaming quality boasts up to 960KB/s ish. So running an MP3 at 320Kb/s would sound the same on both headphones mostly.
2) Noise-cancelling isn't that bad, but eliminates almost all background noise (not trucks/people screaming in front of your face, you'd be asking for too much quality :)). Ambient noise is a WIN for people who prefer not to take their headphone off constantly as with this option you are able to hear the outside noise perfectly fine with the two 360 microphones on the headphone.
3) Finger-Touch sensor is a great technology to stop yourself from using your phone, changing music. Honestly, many people are so damn picky with this innovative feature Sony has made. IT DOESN'T TAKE 30 minutes to GET USE TO IT, else you're really just not up to date, or some self-entitled lunatic that wants everything to work the way they want.
1) Extended duration of usage will make your ears warm
2) Firmware is iffy for me, unless you care about Google Assistant, don't do it (doesn't improve your Bluetooth connectivity)
***3) If you are running LDAC, you will notice your WIFI becomes REALLY weak as BT and WIFI share the same bandwidth (and LDAC uses up to 960KB/s, so you'd be limited on WIFI usage). aptX is doable.***
4) Sony Headphone Connect App sucks. I only used to update the firmware (already regretting it), and replacing ambient noise button to Google Assistant.
If you're wondering whether if these will crack over time, I'm doubting it as I've been hurling around with these headphones quite a bit with no side cracks (vs the previous gen).
Would I recommend these to people? Yes and no. The sound quality of these headphones are great, but with these other problems listed, AND at a whopping price of $400 (or $450), it sure as hell should not have this many problems. I highly advise you to read more information to see whether if you're willing to throw this much money first. I, personally, am not regretting it, but I wish the QA for such a known company would do better.
- Its a pretty neat design and comes in a cool pouch
- It configures with the app quickly and its easy to do that
- The app is great in functionality and works brilliantly
- The sound quality is good and the bass is great (Sony Bass has always been better than those in Bose)
- The "Cover to hear" functionality is great
- Cant comment on the noise cancellation quality yet as that will be clear once I test it with Aircraft engines around
- Overall a great tech product, ones not available in comparable products from other brands
Now the negatives
- Songs with high bass? The speakers start to crack, and this is just not acceptable from Sony and for a product of the price that it is.
- The touch response isnt all that great, but works with some effort
- The volume isnt much. One would realise this when they are in a flight with the aircraft engines roaring
My real problem is the speakers cracking up for high bass music.
Got it for a really sweet deal during Amazon Prime Day.
Sobre sus funciones; me parece que hasta el momento son los audífonos con mejor cancelación de ruido, me gusta mucho la serie de comandos táctil que hacen a que puedas contestar una llamada, enviar a Siri comandos de voz o simplemente darle siguiente canción al reproductor de música.
Sobre la transportación puedo decir que el estuche con el que viene es pequeño e ideal para que no te robe espacio en la maleta o la mochila.
Normalmente utilizo los audífonos para trabajar, viajar y el gimnasio.
Acerca del trabajo y los viajes me va super bien debido a que están pensados para eso. Para el gimnasio cumplen muy bien la función aunque no siempre es de lo más cómodo, hay algunos ejercicios en los que se bajan los audífonos o no logran tener el mejor agarre aunque lo tengas totalmente fijo, esto debido al peso de los audífonos; por todo lo demás esta super bien.
Para resumir mi reseña diré que estuve investigando y decidiendo comprarlos durante unos 6 meses y finalmente me convencí que estos audífonos eran para mi por cuestión de transportación, activación de micrófonos y comandos de uso.
El producto cumple perfecto con un capricho para los amantes exigentes de la música.
However - something that I wish I would've known before purchasing these headphones is that the noise cancelling aspect can be extremely rough on your ears. I have very sensitive ears and I have worn earplugs to sleep every single night since I was 8 years old. With that said, I consider myself someone who is quite used to a decent amount of noise cancelling. But even this level of noise cancelling was too much for me. It felt like my head was in a vacuum. Since my ears are so sensitive it did cause me to feel dizzy and a little spaced out. The amount of pressure it puts on your ears is wild and for me, it wasn't worth paying $450 to feel uncomfortable while just simply listening to music. The sound quality was also not as great as I had imagined it to be, which was definitely disappointing.
This will not be the same for everyone, I am someone who struggles with sensitive ears. Maybe I should've done more research into all of the aspects surrounding noise cancelling headphones. But just letting anyone know for future's sake!
Battery life is great (minimum 30 hours).
Noise Cancelling with no music playing is very good, still hear minor outside sounds. With so much as rainymood or something playing at low volume, all outside noise is eliminated, even in my loud office.
As for audio quality, the quality is more than good enough given its noise cancellation factor.
If you are looking at Bose QC35's, I can strongly state that these are better, and you should not consider the purchase. The convenience of putting your hand on the right earcup to hear the outside combined with the touch commands and the ability to trigger your phone/laptop's google assistant/siri is pristine.
Very comfortable headset, no pressurizing airplane feeling here.
Even it is good in a bit crowded place. It mutes the surrounding chattering almost. Bit heavy on your head when you wear it for long. Otherwise just go for it. It is none to second in noise cancellation department and the quality of sound.
Was hesitant in buying these after seeing the reviews of the first version of these headphones cracking. Glad that didn't let me sway my decision since I've had these for a month and so far no cracks. Keeping them out of the case other than when going somewhere and being gentle with them seems to be doing the trick in avoiding any cracks.
I was between these headphones, Bose Quiet comfort II, and Beats Studio 3. After watching many reviews and after trying on all the headphones multiple times the best sound and best overall headphone to me personally was the Sony 1000xm2. Great for hip hop, EDM and pretty well all genres.
Literally can't stop listening to music on these headphones. Would 100% recommend these to anyone looking for a high quality active noise cancelling headphones.
- La calidad del audio es excelente incluso sobre Bluetooth gracias a la gran cantidad de codecs que soportan (yo los uso principalmente para mi trabajo en una MacBook con el codec a AAC y prácticamente escucho el audio sin pérdida al menos desde Apple Music y Youtube que usan el mismo códec de audio)
- La batería dura bastante, a mi me aguantan toda la semana siempre y cuando los apague un rato cuando no los esté usando.
- El diseño es bonito pero no demasiado llamativo.
- La cancelación de ruido tiene una funcionalidad de "ambient sound" que te permite filtrar el ruido pero escuchar a las personas, eso me ha ayudado a no pasar sustos cuando se acercan a mi lugar a preguntarme algo.
- Los controles touch en el auricular son bastante útiles, el único inconveniente es la sensibilidad, en algunas ocasiones al agarrarlos para quitármelos se activa Siri sin querer.
- La cajita para transportarlos es sencilla pero muy compacta.