Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM2: Over E..." and save 34% off the $349.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM2: Over Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Case - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELLATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noise
- SMART LISTENING: Detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear ; Frequency response : 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Communicate without taking your headphones off. Place your hand over the right ear cup to turn the volume down for instant conversation
- TOUCH CONTROL: Skip a track, change the volume and take or make calls just by touching a headphone
- QUICK CHARGE BATTERY: Enjoy up to 30hrs with wireless NC and 10min quick charging for 70min of play
- WIRED OR WIRELESS: Go hands-free or plug in your headset while streaming with noise cancellation
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Activate your phones voice assistant with a simple touch on the right ear cup
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Adjustable earphones, carrying case, adapter for airplane travel, cables and manual
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $48.01.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control
Automatically detects your activity, whether you’re travelling in an airport, walking on a crowded street, or sitting in a quiet area — then balances the noise cancelling levels accordingly. You can customize them to your preferences with the Sony I Headphones Connect App.
Sony I Headphones Connect for Android or iOS
Download the Android or iOS app to use Smart Listening by Smart Auto-settings, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Sony Wireless Headphones
Compare with similar items
Sony WH1000XM2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones (International version/seller warranty) (Black)
Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices - Black (wired, 3.5mm)
Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Rainbow Corp.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.29 x 2.92 x 9.81 in||7.28 x 2.91 x 9.8 in||2.5 x 5.88 x 9.38 in||1.77 x 6.5 x 7.87 in|
|Item Weight||0.61 lb||0.61 lb||6.9 ounces||6.88 ounces|
|Additional Features||—||—||lightweight, Noise-Cancelling-Feature||wireless|
DIGITAL NOISE CANCELLATION Sony’s WH-1000XM2 premium noise-canceling headphones let you completely immerse yourself in your music anytime, anywhere. Bluetooth and NFC technology offer wireless freedom, while industry-leading noise cancellation blocks out background noise. We enhance your listening experience even further by adjusting the sound for atmospheric pressure and small but significant factors like your face shape, hairstyle and glasses. SMART LISTENING Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control detects your activities and environment in order to adjust the ambient sound accordingly. Download the Sony | Headphones Connect App for Android/iOS to customize your settings and hear audio optimized for where you are and what you’re doing. TOUCH CONTROL With a simple swipe of a fingertip on the headphone’s right ear cup, you can control the tracks and volume, use your phone’s voice assistant, and take or make phone calls. Double tap the center for hands-free calling, and place your hand over the entire cup to activate the Quick Attention feature and instantly lower the volume to carry on a conversation. HI-RES AUDIO A 40mm driver pairs with Sony’s DSEE HX software to provide powerful hi-resolution audio, ensuring you’re hearing music the way it was meant to be heard. S-Master HX technology also enhances the sound and reduces distortion, while LDAC wireless streaming transmits all of the data in a flash. 2 COLORS AVAILABLE Choose from black and gold earphones to suit your style. Both models feature an adjustable headband, soft ear pads and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 30 hours on a full 4-hour charge. -Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones -Touch Controls -Rechargeable Battery -Includes Carrying Case, USB Cable, Connection Cable, Plug Adaptor and Owner’s Manual -Black and Gold Models Available
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The touchpad is not a new feature but it is worth mentioning since Bose does not have this feature. Swipe up or down to control the volume. Swipe right or left to change the music. It is very intuitive and easy. You can even press long to activate Siri. Double tap to stop music or take a phone call.
Also, you can cup the right ear and disable the noise canceling and listen to others.
You can check the battery level by the home screen of a smartphone. I have only seen even numbers such as 100%, 70%, and 50% (then I would charge so I have not seen low numbers because of the reason). Maybe the headphone cannot tell the battery level precisely.
Bluetooth connection is great. I can leave my phone and go to next room without breaking the connection. Switching the devices is not easy though. With Bose, you can connect two devices at the same time. However, with 1000XM2, you need to disconnect one device to use other device.
To switch the device (updated)
1. Go to setting. Bluetooth, then disconnect WH-1000XM2.
2. Go to the other device, hit setting, Bluetooth, then click to connect.
If you don't want to touch the device connected currently but wans to switch the device (for example, 1000XM2 is connected to iPad that is in your bag and you don't want to pull it out), you can
1. Turn off the 1000XM2
2. Turn on and keep pressing power button to activate bluetooth pairing.
3. Go to your device you want to connect. Hit setting, bluetooth, then connect to 1000XM2.
Honestly, I don't mind doing this but I wish we could connect two iOS devices at the same time.
Sony and Bose are both excellent noise cancelling (NC) headphones. While QC35 cannot turn off the NC, 1000XM2 can turn of NC. Previous 1000X had a problem with phone call where you cannot hear yourself (so you end up shouting). Sony has fixed this problem and now 1000XM2 let you hear your voice easily with voice focus mode. Making phone call is much easier now.
#Sony headphone connect app
This app allows you to change the setting of NC based on your activity. You can pre-set the level of NC + voice focus according to your activity (rest, walking, running, and transportation). For frequent fliers, it can adjust the pressure too. You can also change where the sound comes from. For example, you can set as if the sound comes from your back.
When I was using 1000XM2 in the office, I used voice focus mode. It was very interesting experience because I did not hear any noise from construction etc but I heard my coworkers voice. Voice is picked up from the mic so it is an interesting experience.
It honestly looks fantastic. I usually pick the black color but I tried gold at this time. The case of headphone had two-tone color (gold in the middle). It looks great. Please look at attached pictures as it tells you more how nice it looks. The headphone has hinges so you can actually make it very small and put it into the case.
I cannot speak too much about the sound because I am not a professional musician. However, in my opinion, it sounds absolutely nice. It sounds even better than Bose QC35 but it is just my opinion. With the connect app, you can also change the sound effect such as Arena, Club, Outdoor Stage, and Concert Hall. It is subjective so you might want to try it before you buy, but I am very much satisfied.
This is where BOSE QC35 (quiet comfort) comes into play. WH 1000XM2 is comfortable but I feel my ears are hot after using this for 1 hour. The pad is touching my ears with 1000XM2 whereas QC35 has deeper ear pad. QC35 is much more comfortable for me.
I know cracking was the problem with 1000X. So far, it has been OK but I will definitely give updates after using several months (hope nothing will happen). It looks very sturdy and does not make the clicking sound when I open the headphone.
So which one you should buy? I am very happy with 1000XM2 because it has many features and long battery life (30 hours!). However, you may want to try it on before you buy because BOSE is more comfortable.
I just want to add something for amazon it would be alot better to see reviews from people that pay not a bunch of reviews from people that receive the product for free. I have been noticing alot more vine reviews and they are always high because duh they are receiving a free product this is a shady practice in my opinion. I want a real review of someone that is willing to come off 400.00 of their hard earned money then give a review.
So let's talk headphones... first - these are not the kind of headphones we would use in a studio setting. In the studio, we use wired headphones with no charging and no connecting, etc... we just need them to work right then. No ifs, ands or buts. So a GREAT MANY of us use SONY MDR-7506 Professionals or the Sony MDR-V6 Professionals or some variant - pretty much the same headphone, just upgraded. They sound incredible and can survive being put on (grabbed) and taken off (slung), 10+ times per hour, 4-6 hours per day, 5-7 days per week, etc... and they last five plus years with that kind of abuse.
Sony is almost the only brand I see consistently in the studios. Occasionally someone will have some exotic that they prefer, but Sony is the workhorse for the industry the past 20-25 years now.
Why am I telling you this? Because Sony knows how to make a great headphone.
So.. is the Sony WH1000XM2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless headphone a great headphone? I think so. Here's a list of why I think so:
1. They sound great. Not quite as good as my MDR-7506's to my ear, but close. EVEN with noise cancelling turned on - which USUALLY decreases sound quality. These get it right. I can't tell enough difference for me to choose to turn sound cancelling off. Usually I would give up the noise cancellation for better quality. I can't hear the difference to make it worth turning it off with these - they are that good.
2. And they ARE good at noise cancelling. I've read up on the technology and I'm pretty sure there are elves and fairies in the headphones. It is amazing.
3. They are easy to use. The entire headphone cup is a touch screen interface. Well, not screen, but touch. You swipe and you don't have to find a specific spot - just touch, swipe, tap and you are good to go. It just works.
4. Battery charge life. They charge fast, 70 minutes of charge in just a few minutes and dozens of hours on a full charge. Easy to charge and use.
5. VOICE PROMPTS. I hate putting on a set of blu-tooth wireless headphones and guessing what the blinking lights mean, or what setting I am on - these headphones talk you through the process. It is so much better.
6. Looks, this is low on the list for me, but they look great.
If I am going for perfection, I'll probably get out my MDR-7506's but in the car, or a noisy space, or when I don't want wires or when I want easy to use controls, these are the way to go. Very well done Sony!