Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM2: Over E..." and save 28% off the $349.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM2: Over Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Case - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELLATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noise
- SMART LISTENING: Detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Communicate without taking your headphones off. Place your hand over the right ear cup to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
- TOUCH CONTROL: Skip a track, change the volume and take or make calls just by touching a headphone
- QUICK CHARGE BATTERY: Enjoy up to 30hrs with wireless NC and 10min quick charging for 70min of play
- WIRED OR WIRELESS: Go hands-free or plug in your headset while streaming with noise cancellation
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Activate your phones voice assistant with a simple touch on the right ear cup.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Adjustable earphones, carrying case, adapter for airplane travel, cables and manual
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control
Automatically detects your activity, whether you’re travelling in an airport, walking on a crowded street, or sitting in a quiet area — then balances the noise cancelling levels accordingly. You can customize them to your preferences with the Sony I Headphones Connect App.
Sony I Headphones Connect for Android or iOS
Download the Android or iOS app to use Smart Listening by Smart Auto-settings, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Sony Wireless Headphones
Compare with similar items
Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices - Black (wired, 3.5mm)
Sennheiser HD 4.50 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation (HD 4.50 BTNC)
Sony WH1000XM2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones (International version/seller warranty) (Black)
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation- Black
Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II Black
|Price||$348.00||$229.00||See price in cart||$329.00||$378.90||$229.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Rainbow Corp.||Blizzard LLC||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.92 x 7.29 x 9.81 in||5.88 x 2.5 x 9.38 in||3.94 x 7.08 x 10.25 in||2.92 x 7.29 x 9.81 in||4 x 7.4 x 9.9 in||6.5 x 1.77 x 7.87 in|
|Item Weight||0.61 lb||6.9 ounces||7.84 ounces||0.61 lb||2 lbs||6.88 ounces|
|Additional Features||—||lightweight, Noise-Cancelling-Feature||Wireless, Noise-Cancellation, Microphone-Feature||noise_cancellation||noise-cancellation||wireless|
DIGITAL NOISE CANCELLATION Sony’s WH-1000XM2 premium noise-canceling headphones let you completely immerse yourself in your music anytime, anywhere. Bluetooth and NFC technology offer wireless freedom, while industry-leading noise cancellation blocks out background noise. We enhance your listening experience even further by adjusting the sound for atmospheric pressure and small but significant factors like your face shape, hairstyle and glasses. SMART LISTENING Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control detects your activities and environment in order to adjust the ambient sound accordingly. Download the Sony | Headphones Connect App for Android/iOS to customize your settings and hear audio optimized for where you are and what you’re doing. TOUCH CONTROL With a simple swipe of a fingertip on the headphone’s right ear cup, you can control the tracks and volume, use your phone’s voice assistant, and take or make phone calls. Double tap the center for hands-free calling, and place your hand over the entire cup to activate the Quick Attention feature and instantly lower the volume to carry on a conversation. HI-RES AUDIO A 40mm driver pairs with Sony’s DSEE HX software to provide powerful hi-resolution audio, ensuring you’re hearing music the way it was meant to be heard. S-Master HX technology also enhances the sound and reduces distortion, while LDAC wireless streaming transmits all of the data in a flash. 2 COLORS AVAILABLE Choose from black and gold earphones to suit your style. Both models feature an adjustable headband, soft ear pads and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 30 hours on a full 4-hour charge. -Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones -Touch Controls -Rechargeable Battery -Includes Carrying Case, USB Cable, Connection Cable, Plug Adaptor and Owner’s Manual -Black and Gold Models Available
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The touchpad is not a new feature but it is worth mentioning since Bose does not have this feature. Swipe up or down to control the volume. Swipe right or left to change the music. It is very intuitive and easy. You can even press long to activate Siri. Double tap to stop music or take a phone call.
Also, you can cup the right ear and disable the noise canceling and listen to others.
You can check the battery level by the home screen of a smartphone. I have only seen even numbers such as 100%, 70%, and 50% (then I would charge so I have not seen low numbers because of the reason). Maybe the headphone cannot tell the battery level precisely.
Bluetooth connection is great. I can leave my phone and go to next room without breaking the connection. Switching the devices is not easy though. With Bose, you can connect two devices at the same time. However, with 1000XM2, you need to disconnect one device to use other device.
To switch the device (updated)
1. Go to setting. Bluetooth, then disconnect WH-1000XM2.
2. Go to the other device, hit setting, Bluetooth, then click to connect.
If you don't want to touch the device connected currently but wans to switch the device (for example, 1000XM2 is connected to iPad that is in your bag and you don't want to pull it out), you can
1. Turn off the 1000XM2
2. Turn on and keep pressing power button to activate bluetooth pairing.
3. Go to your device you want to connect. Hit setting, bluetooth, then connect to 1000XM2.
Honestly, I don't mind doing this but I wish we could connect two iOS devices at the same time.
Sony and Bose are both excellent noise cancelling (NC) headphones. While QC35 cannot turn off the NC, 1000XM2 can turn of NC. Previous 1000X had a problem with phone call where you cannot hear yourself (so you end up shouting). Sony has fixed this problem and now 1000XM2 let you hear your voice easily with voice focus mode. Making phone call is much easier now.
#Sony headphone connect app
This app allows you to change the setting of NC based on your activity. You can pre-set the level of NC + voice focus according to your activity (rest, walking, running, and transportation). For frequent fliers, it can adjust the pressure too. You can also change where the sound comes from. For example, you can set as if the sound comes from your back.
When I was using 1000XM2 in the office, I used voice focus mode. It was very interesting experience because I did not hear any noise from construction etc but I heard my coworkers voice. Voice is picked up from the mic so it is an interesting experience.
It honestly looks fantastic. I usually pick the black color but I tried gold at this time. The case of headphone had two-tone color (gold in the middle). It looks great. Please look at attached pictures as it tells you more how nice it looks. The headphone has hinges so you can actually make it very small and put it into the case.
I cannot speak too much about the sound because I am not a professional musician. However, in my opinion, it sounds absolutely nice. It sounds even better than Bose QC35 but it is just my opinion. With the connect app, you can also change the sound effect such as Arena, Club, Outdoor Stage, and Concert Hall. It is subjective so you might want to try it before you buy, but I am very much satisfied.
This is where BOSE QC35 (quiet comfort) comes into play. WH 1000XM2 is comfortable but I feel my ears are hot after using this for 1 hour. The pad is touching my ears with 1000XM2 whereas QC35 has deeper ear pad. QC35 is much more comfortable for me.
I know cracking was the problem with 1000X. So far, it has been OK but I will definitely give updates after using several months (hope nothing will happen). It looks very sturdy and does not make the clicking sound when I open the headphone.
So which one you should buy? I am very happy with 1000XM2 because it has many features and long battery life (30 hours!). However, you may want to try it on before you buy because BOSE is more comfortable.
I just want to add something for amazon it would be alot better to see reviews from people that pay not a bunch of reviews from people that receive the product for free. I have been noticing alot more vine reviews and they are always high because duh they are receiving a free product this is a shady practice in my opinion. I want a real review of someone that is willing to come off 400.00 of their hard earned money then give a review.
1) These are top notch in terms of noise cancelation and isolation. The mdr1000x were great and these are the same if not a step up. I could be mowing or trimming the lawn and if I close my eyes I’m in a totally different world. Can’t tell a machine is functioning in front of me.
2) Touchpad: this is such a cool feature. I’m an adoptee of new tech and have been loving it. Sometimes it doesn’t register my hand gestures but I mean it’s not the end of the world. Always registers the second time. The palm over to bring outside noise is super cool, but no one on the other end knows what’s going on. I’d be on a bus and talk to the driver and he’d think I’m on the phone and ignore me. But super cool nonetheless!
3) Battery life, 30-40 hours is Sony’s estimate I believe I’ve been getting very close to that as I go on walks and listen to music while studying overall super happy about it!
4) App is easy to use to pick between different general modes. Kinda cool. One con about this is I use tidal and the music centre only functions with Apple Music (I just use iOS and tidal. Dunno about Spotify or other platforms.
5) These headphones work great wirelessly and last long. But a great pro to them is when you connect the wires you get even better quality! Who knew that could be possible. Another pro is you could use the headphones when dead (without any of the extra bells and whistles) so having the wire on you is the equivalent to carrying another pair of headphones ;)
1) Potential chance of crack? I had the MDR 1000x for months and did not face the crack issues other have. But in my opinion, I totally agree with the video listed where the guy says the cracks are an easy con for the many pros and it’s something you should consider for yourself whether you care enough about that. Are there better speakers out there for the same price range? Yes. Do they have the same functions the Sony has? Not likely (touchpad particularly) is it worth its money? Yes!
2) The bag is the exact same and not very well made in my opinion. Nice that Sony puts it I but I mean you’ll likely want to get one yourself.
3) Connectivity not as (I’ve heard) easy as QC35 or others. Honestly, this isn’t a huge con but I listed it so you can have it in perspective. Do you want to connect to another device? Disconnect from the Bluetooth settings and connect to them on the other device. If the device is in your bag hold the power button to turn off, then continue to hold it after it turns on until it says pairing. I use 5 devices and this hasn’t been an issue for me.
This pair of headphones is well packaged and, in my humble opinion, well priced. You risk it having a small crack, I’ve never had, but for all the extras you get, it’s well worth it. Another thing is Sony did price it lower than the older model so it’s not like they’re charging extra for more functions. The pad sometimes doesn’t register stuff, but I think that’s more me getting used to it than it getting used to me. It's a give and take situation it does stuff for you but you have to learn to function with it and around its flaws.
A few things to improve on would be to have the headphones announce what they’re connected to rather than just staying connected. I believe this won’t be hard for Sony to add through the app, could be wrong, and then again it might not be something they want to do, to begin with. Would’ve loved to see USB type-C on this model. USB-C is the future would be great when small gadgets like this embrace that.
I’d recommend these to anyone who is looking to get a good quality headphone that is versatile with great sound cancelling and new technology. This is and will be for some time my daily driver for headphones.
Hope this helps some of you decide whether it’s a good fit for you — I’ll update this as time goes in regards to my experience with battery life, the infamous cracks and such.