- Model Number: PRS350PC
- Item Package Quantity: 1
Sony PRS-350 Reader Pocket Edition Pink
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Operating System: Android
- Screen Size: 5"
- Memory: 2GB
- USB Port: Yes
- Supports MP3: Not Available
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
People pretty much know what an e-reader does. It reads books. I'll direct my comments to why this was the best e-reader for me and my wife.
============== The Good =================
1. It's small enough to fit in my shirt pocket. There is no wasted space to speak of around the edge of the screen. If you look at other e-readers there are large keyboards and other miscellaneous wasted space. That makes it a pain to take around. This is small enough to fit in a shirt or coat pocket very easily or be held in the hand, but still sports the five inch screen (which is one inch smaller on the diagonal than the Kindle, for example).
2. Touchscreen. The reason this doesn't have to have any nasty buttons is that it has a touch screen that works very well. You tap a word twice with your finger to bring up the definition. You brush your finger across the screen to silently turn the page. Brush across and hold to scroll quickly through the book. I wouldn't have thought the touchscreen was an important feature but it turns out to be extremely valuable. By the way, the touch screen isn't a second layer of plastic or something as other touchscreen devices tend to be. It uses some kind of infrared sensor. Anyway it works well. You can draw pictures and take notes with a stylus if you want to. Double tap at the top right of the page to "dog ear" the page, leaving a bookmark there.
3. The screen is very clear and looks great. It's that pearl display. The new kindle also has that.Read more ›
After doing a lot of research online and then going to stores to compare it with the Nook and Kindle I chose this e-reader and have been extremely happy with it. It's small and light weight, and it feels beautiful with its almost satiny metal finish. The screen is amazingly clear, so bright I took it into a dark room to make sure it wasn't actually back-lit, and considering the dimensions of the reader the screen is quite generous in size--the navigation buttons are small but easy to use and the the only keyboard is virtual so it doesn't waste space that could otherwise be part of the display. I take a lot of notes when I read and the on-screen keyboard works fine. There is a stylus that slips securely into the side of the reader which is very useful for typing and even navigating, though most of the time I just use my fingers.
Like all e-readers, the 350 holds hundreds of books. To keep track of them you can order the books into collections, which are like computer folders. Since I am usually reading several books at once I created a "Currently Reading" collection to make it easier to find them. One of the features I like best about the 350 is how simple it is to look up words with the built in dictionaries--you just tap them twice. You can also take notes, highlight passages and bookmark pages. There are 6 font sizes to chose from so any book could be a Large Print edition if you want it to be.Read more ›
The size is great and the screen has good contrast. The font options come in handy, especially if my glasses are not readily available. The color is lovely (more fuschia than pink) and it is refreshing to have something other than the silver/grey/black of so many electronic devices.
The battery charge lasts quite awhile (of course this will vary depending on each person's usage), and you can use it while it is charging. I have taken it on a few trips and though I also have a Kindle now, I still enjoy the Sony and take both readers with me when traveling.
I like that it is a dedicated e-reader; I spend enough time on the computer as it is and don't need a reader for that.
Note: The cover is worth buying; it provides protection for the screen, looks very nice and has a flexible built-in light with two settings. The light runs on one AAA battery that lasts a good while [again this will vary based on usage]. The reader easily fastens into the cover.
Update: Still going strong as of 6/11/2016.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hard to use. Was outdated from the moment I bought it. Cumbersome to put books on and overall just a messPublished 19 months ago by Springs Shopper
great to carry in the pocket always have it with me at work.Published on July 31, 2014 by L. S. Durham
When Borders began going out of business I bought my husband a "brand new" display edition of the PRS-350 in silver. Read more
I own this product and I simply don't like it at all compared to Sony's earlier PRS 500 and 505's both of which were great e-readers. Read morePublished on December 5, 2012 by Conor
AWESOME!!!!! Mine came with some books already loaded, as I purchased it from a seller here on Amazon! It's easy to use and you do need a sync cable but that doesn't bother me. Read morePublished on July 14, 2012 by Johie
I have had my pocket edition touch reader for about two months now. I absolutely love it. I have the 950 as well and love it as well. Read morePublished on October 18, 2011 by Twinszz
I love the Sony E reader, it is light and easy to use. Everything works as it should. It is easy to load the books onto it. My only complaint would be the short battery life. Read morePublished on October 10, 2011 by BigReader
I honestly love this reader. It holds lot of books. The pink color is really nice. Sony has its own store to buy from. yes it does not have wifi but that doesn't bother me. Read morePublished on July 13, 2011 by scfamily2003
I've had this device for about six months and this is the second time I've reviewed the Sony PRS-350. I like it even less now. Read morePublished on May 21, 2011 by Clathrus