Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2017
Ps3 is fine but a little laggy at times online but works good.. There was a problem with shipment when the USB charger wasn't shipped with everything else but everything was handled fine.
on October 1, 2017
It came with all the cables and even a controller and works just fine. Thanks again to the seller I chose for this product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2017
Unit had not been updated - took three days to update it. Unit shorts out. We never use it - it just collects dust because its more of a pain in the a** than anything.
on June 9, 2017
PS3 is a timeless classic.
on September 27, 2011
Purchased this slim ps3 as my first ps3 ever. I have been waiting a long time to buy a ps3 but could never justify $300 when most of the games I played were also on xbox 360. Now, I just bought my new home theater set up and decided to buy a ps3 for a blu ray player, plus games. The only games I have played are some 2d and 3d game demos so my review of its gaming ability is limited.

The Blu Ray capability is fantastic, tho I have very little to compare it to since I have never owned a Blu Ray player either. I figured I would fork over an extra $100 for the ps3 as compared to a dedicated blu ray player and I have no regrets about that. The ps3 loads blu rays up quick but much slower than dvds. I think that's just the blu ray discs themselves. There hasn't been any stuttering during playback or any hardware issues at all. The controller and menu during playback tho is confusing and not very intuitive. Keep in mind that unless you are using the dedicated blu ray remote, which I am not, then the controller is going to feel like exactly that: a controller. Selecting mennus can sometimes be confusing. My natural reaction is to hit the "O" to go back in a menu but when I do that it asks if I want to leave the movie. You have to hit "square" which feels a little odd to me. Other than that and some other small UI improvements I would like, it plays it great.

Also, if you have this hooked up with a newer receiver and you want to play HD audio, read this: [...] Helped me out a lot!

Enjoy!
on April 8, 2012
I bought the PS3 slim originally for games, I also own a Xbox 360 that has worked well for around 5 years, but got tired of paying to play online monthly, while Xbox live is still a better online service, I just can't argue with free. While I still use the 360 to play the random exclusive, I hardly use it anymore.

The PS3 is quiet compared to the old Xbox 360's (I don't know about the newer ones), and has been working well for me for over 2 years. Playing Blu-Ray's is a plus and I have it hooked up to a 50" LED TV with a surround sound system.

A few things I'm not so crazy about are the feel of the controller and the battery on the controllers. I have somewhat larger hands than the average person, and the PlayStation controller is less more comfortable to hold than the Xbox controller, but since I hardly play any games on it anymore, this doesn't matter that much. Another thing is I with the controller had a removable battery, so that if the battery in the controller stops holding a charge, you can't replace the battery, you either have to replace the entire controller or keep it plugged into the PS3 all the time.

As of writing this Amazon has released a PS3 app that allows me to stream even more. Now I can use Pandora, Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon to fill all my media needs. I own all three consoles, and PS3 is now my favorite (due to Blu-Ray and streaming), while Wii is now collecting dust practically. The only thing I wish it had was an IR receiver to allow use with the Harmony One remote without buying a receiver (sold separately), but otherwise am completely happy with it.
on September 12, 2011
Hello, I finally got my PS3 after waiting for the price to come down a bit. When I got that package from Amazon, I was thrilled. Even more so because this was a birthday present from my husband. The quality of the product is superb and what surprised me the most was how fast I received it because I live in Puerto Rico. The resolution is out of this world! The scenes look so crisp and almost real. I have enjoyed watching others play, but now I finally have my own. I'm a teacher here and my students are surprised when I tell them that I play just as many of them do. Anyway, I must say that if you are the type to be entertained with technology, please consider buying a PS3, especially if you are buying it from Amazon. You will not regret it. Have a beautiful day! :)
on March 28, 2014
Well the system is great its running smoothly, at least up until now that is. Just starting last week the system will not read any discs sometimes but the blue light will remain on though. After I reset the system a few times it will finally read the disc but when it won't read it you can hear it try to read the discs and it even sounds as if its about to eject the game which scares me a bit lol. But as I said, the system at first was running perfectly but now I'm faced with this issue. Please get back to me as soon as you can for a possible resolution maybe.
on March 8, 2014
Likes
-The menu is very sleek and dynamic themes look nice
- PS+ is an incredible service
- The store has a ton of ps1/2 classics
- Controller battery life is outstanding- After a months use I've only charged my controller once in that time.
- The system is quiet
- Trophies are very cool
- The exclusives are all quality titles
Dislikes
- The controller could be better. It isn't as bad as people say though.
- No party system
Overall the likes definitely outweigh the dislikes and I would recommend this to anyone.
on July 7, 2016
I've played Xbox360, but there were a few playstation exclusives I wanted to try, and with the lower price, I thought, why not? Apparently I was right to start with xbox. Problems the moment I got it out of the box. The system will maybe run a game if it gets warmed up enough, but the Blu-ray player won't even acknowledge that a disc is in the system. On top of that, the packaged controller cable is less than a foot long, which given that is won't charge without the system being on, is completely unacceptable. I may end up returning this thing if I can't get it sorted out. Bought from The_Disc_Connection

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.