- Superb Recording Quality
The PCM-D50 is a 96kHz/24 bit linear recorder that records in standard .WAV file format and surpasses standard DAT sound quality. A low signal-to-noise ratio provides virtually noise-free recording quality.
- Expandable Memory
With a 4GB built-in memory, the PCM-D50 records up to six hours when recording in 44.1kHz 16bit CD quality mode. And the Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo Slot provides up to 4GB memory expandability.
- Built-in Microphones
The PCM-D50 recorder comes equipped with a high sensitivity, built-in, two-position electret condenser stereo microphone with flexible rotation for either X-Y or Wide stereo positions.
- Playback Functions
The PCM-D50 recorder provides MP3 playback, a special Digital Pitch Control feature that slows down playback without changing pitch, and an A/B segment repeat feature that allows you to mark and repeat segments.
- Versatile Recording Functions
The Dual Digital Limiter feature helps prevent distortion, a pre-record buffer records five seconds of audio before hitting the record button, and Super Bit Mapping technology helps achieve, wide, dynamic range.
- PC/Macintosh Compatible
The PCM-D50 utilizes a simple drag and drop file transfer via high-speed USB connection.
- Rugged Construction
Constructed of lightweight metal (aluminum), the PCM- D50 recorder is built rugged to withstand the demands of pro applications.
- Built-in Microphones -- Electret Condenser microphones. High sensitivity -35.0 dB/Pa 1kHz (typical); Maximum input level 120 dB SPL; Self noise level 20.0 dB SPL (A); microphone frequency response 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Recording Media -- Built-in flash memory 4 GB, Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo (Not Supplied), Stereo Recording. The PCM-D50 is compatible with Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo MS-EX4G (4GB), MS-EX2G (2GB) , MS-EX1G (1GB) and Memory Stick Pro Duo (High Speed) MSX-M2GNU (2GB), MSXM1GNU (1GB)
- Sample Rates -- 22.05 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz
- Quantization -- 16-bit linear, 24-bit linear
- Recording File Format -- Linear PCM Stereo .WAV
- MP3 Playback -- Compatible bit rates and sampling frequencies; MPEG Version 1 Layer 3: 32, 44.1, 48kHz with 32 to 320 kbps (VBR). MPEG Version 2 Layer 3: 16, 22.05, 24 kHz with 32 to 160 kbps (VBR).
- Maximum Record Time using Internal 4 GB Flash Memory:
- 22 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 12 hours and 55 minutes
- 44.1 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 6 hours and 25 minutes
- 44.1 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- 48 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 5 hours and 55 minutes
- 48 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 3 hours and 55 minutes
- 96 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 2 hours and 55 minutes
- 96 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Frequency Response (Line Input to Line Output) -- For Fs = 22.05 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 10 kHz; For Fs = 44.1 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 20 kHz; For Fs = 48 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 22 kHz; For Fs = 96 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 to 40 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Line Input to Line Output) -- 93 dB or greater (1 kHz IHF-A) when set to 24-bit
- Total Harmonic Distortion (Line Input to Line Output) -- 0.01% or below (1 kHz, 22 kHz LPF)
- Wow and Flutter -- Below measureable limit (less than +/-0.001% W. Peak)
- Microphone Input (stereo mini jack) -- Input impedance: 22k, rated input level: 2.5mV, minimum input level:0.7mV. Supports external mic plug-in power.
- Headphone output (stereo mini jack) -- Rated output level: 400 mV, maximum output level: 25 mW +25 mW or more, load impedance: 16 ohms.
- Line Input (OPT) -- Analog input - Input impedance: 40k ohms, rated input level: 2.0V, minimum input level: 450 mV. Optical Digiital Input - Input level: -24.5 dBm to -14.5 dBm, Absorption wavelength: 630 nm to 690 nm.
- Line Output (OPT) -- Analog output - Output impedance: 220 ohms, rated output level: 1.7V, load impedance : 22k ohms. Digital optical output - Output level -21 dBm to -15 dBm, Emission wavelength: 630 nm to 690 nm.
- USB -- Hi-speed USB, mass storage class
- Power Requirements -- DC IN 6V, Four AA (LR6) alkaline batteries (supplied), Four nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries NH-AA (not supplied)
- Power Consumption -- 0.75W
- Dimensions -- 2 7/8" x 6 1/8" x 1 5/16" (w x h x d) not including projecting parts and controls
- Mass -- 12.88 oz (including batteries)