Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 17, 2000
Nice looking remote, with glow-in-the-dark buttons and rubber edges and feet so it won't scratch the furniture. But it won't control ANY DVD players and it won't control the PIP feature of our new Sony 32" TV, model KV-32FV15. I tried out several options to make these features work using this remote, then called the Sony help representative, who confirmed that this remote will not control DVD players and will only control basic features on many components.
on January 19, 2000
I bought this remote to replace an origial equipment Panasonic model that had gone south. I use it for the TV and VCR only so 8 devices is overkill but the no-batteries feature sold me. It took about 5 minutes to set up and does everything the Panasonic did but better. The only annoying feature is the need to slide a switch to change between TV and VCR.
Although batteries in a remote seem to last for 6+ months there was always an annoying period where the remote worked but not 100%. This one works better than the old one did with fresh batteries.
on April 30, 2002
...were it not for the little rubber feet, which ARE prone to come out, this remote would get "perfect". Having kids who have knocked it under the entertainment center, upside down, for a couple days and STILL have it work perfectly right away once it's found, the idea from other reviewers that it "loses charge" is just plain wrong. The buttons will glow even if the room has had blinds drawn all day, the layout makes sense, and overall, this IS the remote you can buy, to end the clutter of up to - well, eight remotes! (Until, of course, you add the 9th component!) I am constantly blown away that with a few flicks of the thumb on the selectors, I can turn off the radio, power up the tv & the vcr, hit play, turn on the surround system, and I'm in movie heaven without getting my rear end off the couch. It's just as well that I have to get up for a sandwich, otherwise this remote would be responsible for me being 400 pounds. Awesome little gadget, works supremely well; highly, highly recommended. The feet do need to be glued in, but the other rubber feature, the wrap-around cap to protect furniture, is terrific. Don't pay [$$$] for it though - around thirty when you can find it.
on December 1, 2000
I ordered this remote and started using it over a year ago, and I love it. First of all I want to say that I have never had to take it outside, put it under a halogen lamp, or anything else. It just has always worked. I leave it in a room with a smallish window, and it has always been plenty charged. I think the people who try to overload it with light are frying the thing because mine has never needed that. Just leave it where it can get some sunlight and you will be happy. As for the other functions of the remote, I do wish Sony had given it DVD and LD capabilities. Other than that and the infamous rubber feet (I have fortunately caught them when they come out so I still have all of them, but I recommend pulling them out and supergluing them (just a tiny bit) back on) I have been very happy with the remote. It works as well as it did when new. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't need DVD or Laserdisc controls on their Universal remote. If Sony would add those capabilities and fix the rubber feet the remote would be perfect.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.