- Size (LWH): 3.54 inches, 0.79 inches, 0.39 inches
- Weight: 0.48 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 9 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 650 hours
Other Sellers on Amazon
Sony SBH80 Bluetooth Headset
|Price:||$92.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- NFC Pairing touch your NFC-compatible phone against the main unit of the Bluetooth wireless headset, and it starts up and connect's
- Sound Quality: has aptXTM audio enhancement a high-quality audio codec designed to deliver a flawless wireless experience
- HD Voice: lets the person you're talking to experience your voice as it really sounds
- supports Bluetooth Multipoint which makes it possible to connect SBH80 to two devices at the same time
- Audio Technology: The micro dynamic drivers in the SBH80 deliver clarity and frequency accuracy for your audio experience
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item Sony SBH80 Bluetooth Headset
TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones, Wireless 4.1 Magnetic Earbuds Stereo Earphones, Secure Fit for Sports with Built-in Mic [Upgraded Version] B01GNYFT8E
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||0.79 x 3.54 x 0.39 in||1.26 x 23 x 0.98 in||1.3 x 4.9 x 4.7 in||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||0.56 ounces||0.53 ounces||0 ounces||2 ounces|
|Additional Features||android-phone-control||Stereo, Noise Cancellation||Microphone, Wind Noise Reduction||Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Sports In-Ear HD Headphones|
Designed to be worn and used all day and in any situation, the SBH80 is discreet and suits any type of clothing style. Wear it at work, at home, indoors or outdoors. The main unit and headphone exterior are splash-proof so you don't have to worry if it rains. Worn on the neck, this Bluetooth® wireless headset is perfectly balanced; two ultra-thin smart-memory metal strips rest lightly on your shoulders. You hardly know it's there. The SBH80 adapts itself to your body and stays there. It's not just the optimal wearability, stunning Sony craftsmanship and ease of use that makes this Bluetooth® wireless headset great. The sound is superb. The SBH80 has aptXTM audio enhancement - a high-quality audio codec designed to deliver a flawless wireless experience. Enjoy music as it was meant to be enjoyed - with pure deep bass and clean clear highs. The high-definition micro dynamic drivers in the SBH80 deliver the clarity and frequency accuracy required for the best in-ear audio experience. And with specially made double-layer housings in high-strength magnesium, you get crystal clear mid to high range sound and overall rich audio. The materials and shape of the ear buds in these premium headphones are designed for maximum background noise cancelling. The ear opening is perfectly sealed, ensuring you get the best quality music experience. This SBH80 headset is HD Voice ready. HD Voice, also known as wideband audio, lets the person you're talking to experience your voice as it really sounds - natural. HD Voice fades or cuts out background noises and makes it easy to recognise voices. It has double microphones. Whichever way your head is turned you're always close to the microphone, so your caller gets a clear and even calling experience. The Stereo Bluetooth® Headset SBH80 is compatible with all popular smartphones, tablets and laptops. Manufacturer warranty for US version sold by authorized US Sony Mobile Internet Dealers.
Top Customer Reviews
- Great sound quality, audibly better than Jabra ROX with or without the latter's Dolby Digital app. Bass on the SBH80 is superb. I'm a believer on aptX technology, this is my 2nd gadget embedded with aptX.
- Great telephony sound quality on both ends but sound isolation is so good that I am still not used to hearing my muted/muffled voice this much.
- More secure fit - even without any 'wings' like the ROX, my SBH80 fits tightly inside my ear canals each & every single time, but YMMV.
- Nothing protrudes from behind - its main body rests onto the back of my neck with nothing sticks out unlike the ROX, which can rub against collars.
- Better button control - better tactile feel except with its main power button, which has a design flaw of too minimal 'click' allowed, unlike all its other buttons which feel just fine.
- Its earbud cables are super thin but for a reason - their higher flexibility allows you to move more freely without dislodging the earbuds. ROX cables are too rigid although they should last a lot longer than the Sony. Think of the ROX which is built like a hummer.
- Seems to have longer battery life than ROX, which is unexpected as ROX's BT4.0 should enable lower battery usage. Hm... Also, charging time is much quicker than ROX.
- Better isolation than ROX from exterior noise. You can hear your chewing sound louder here, but not your own voice during telephone calls as mentioned below.
- Sound reproduction is less sensitive to precise orientation of earbuds unlike the ROX. You move the ROX a tiny bit and bass is altered. You yawn and your bass is cut in half. Not cool!
- Less expensive than the ROX.
- My own voice during telephone call is muffled (due to its great sound isolation from the outside world) is quite weird. I tend to yell as a result. I could hear the other party well and he can hear me very well though.
- The aforementioned power button which is hard to push accurately, hard to feel if it's pushed in or not. Don't even think about pushing this if you wear gloves.
- Very difficult to pack due to its large and 3D form factor. Without a carrying case, I dare not travel with these. Its arms look like they can be deformed permanently if not handled with care, uncool.
- Not water- or sweat-proof. This is strictly for urban use.
- USB charge port has a very rigid door that doesn't swing open wide enough, as a result, it's quite unfriendly to insert USB cable to charge it.
- Scuffing sound present whenever tiny earbud cables rub against clothing. But this happens with the ROX too, albeit less severe in the ROX case.
- Surface texture should be smoother than this rubberized type now, smoother texture will get caught in cloth material less likely.
- Initial power on sound effect is confusing and unnecessarily complex. Did I just turn it on only or did I also turn on its pairing mode?
- No battery indicator of any sort, unlike the ROX's verbal indicator.
- No docking / securing of earbuds onto arms or among themselves.
Conclusion: I'm returning the Jabra ROX and keeping these as I don't plan on using these for sports use any way.
UPDATE: Late-Jan, '16: I've been using the SBH80 w/ new Nexus 6P with no issues for 2 months until a few days ago when these just dropped the range from the normal 30+ feet to less than 3 feet (first time ever in almost 2 years). I reset these. I unpaired then re-paired them. Nothing worked. Just to make sure it wasn't my phone's fault, I tested my Nexus 6P w/ a Bluetooth dongle that I connected to my car & connection range/strength is as good as ever. Seems like these SBH80's antenna just got kinked/broken or something. I've been using these (light duty) for almost 2 years so I won't drop its stars lower than 4. But I'm filing an extended warranty coverage w/ my credit card now. I'll choose another brand of BT stereo headset but will always compare their sound quality & other functionalities to these Sony's, which I'm totally fine with especially when I listen to my music at lower volume these days (so should you if you wanna keep your hearing).
- long battery life (i use it for 6h or so at least)
- recharges as fast as my phone or faster
- audio quality is indistinguishable from my regular headphones. even without aptx its still quite good. (i tried with/without)
- range is pretty decent (couple of rooms)
- i can sweat all i want or even shower with it (yeah i tested). Obviously don't swim with it - at least, I wouldn't try.
- hidden under a light tshirt (regular T, ie not a wide V opening at the neck) or a shirt, when not using it, people generally do not notice im even wearing it.
- only show battery life on Sony xperia firmware phones
- could have more bud sizes (theres 3 sizes included, its not bad, but ive a peculiar left ear..)
- i used it at the gym and it didnt fall off with earbuds on. it may fall otherwise during certain exercises (like quick abs). But you do have to shake it hard.
- i used it on the bike and its perfect. I could talk to people on the phone at 30mph with wind directly in my face and they'd hear me pretty clearly. thats cool.
Overall its currently the best bt headset ive used tho.
I think for people that are looking for quality sound and and wireless headset these are the right one.
Another things that I'd like to mention is how light and comfortable sony made the SBH80..Thanks Sony.
By the way I'm currently using these bluetooth headset with my iPhone 5S and i haven't found any issue so far. They work perfectly fine in my opinion..I hope shoppers out there find my review very helpful...