Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony SEL1635GM 16-35mm f/2.8-22 Zoom Camera Lens, ..." and save 7% off the $2,198.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Camera/Camcorder + ADH Planfrom Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Sony SEL1635GM 16-35mm f/2.8-22 Zoom Camera Lens, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field. Hood Type : Petal shape, bayonet type
- Uncompromising G Master design for smooth bokeh and high resolution
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh. Maximum Magnification ratio (x): 0.19
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Sony Alpha FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM Wide-angle Zoom Lens
Explore the world in creative new ways with exceptional G Master performance in a 16-35mm F2.8 wide-angle zoom. This lens delivers consistently superb resolution from corner-to-corner, no matter what zoom setting or focus distance at which you shoot. It produces stunning background bokeh that can add depth and artistic impact to your images when required. A compact, lightweight design makes the FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM a great choice for active shooting.
Uncompromising G Master design
In order to take full advantage of the potential of high-resolution sensors, G Master is designed from the outset for high contrast at the highest possible spatial frequency, thereby achieving outstanding corner-to-corner optical resolution and clarity at all zoom and focus settings. It is not easy to achieve spatial frequency of 50 line pairs per millimeter at a lens's widest aperture, but that is Sony's baseline for G Master design, combining smooth bokeh and high resolution for outstanding reproduction of the most detailed subjects and scenes, with superior contrast throughout every frame. G Master realizes the rare combination of high resolving power and beautifully rendered background defocus.
Previously unattainable surface precision
Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements with extremely high surface precision (better that 0.01-micron) are included and work with three aspherical elements to minimize aberrations that commonly plague wide-angle zooms, effectively controlling distortion, field curvature and astigmatism. The extremely precise XA elements reduce aberration and deliver ultimate corner-to-corner resolution throughout the entire zoom and aperture range.
Constant F2.8 max aperture
Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field regardless of the focal range to which you zoom. When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the areas out of the focal plane appear blurred. This ‘bokeh’ effect of the blurred background is enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens.
11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
When changing your aperture to defocus the background, light sources appear blurred. This ‘bokeh’ effect of the blurred background is enhanced with the 11-blade circular aperture used in this lens. Conventional aperture blades have flat sides creating unappealing, polygonal-shaped defocused points of light. α lenses overcome this problem through a design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result.
Two Direct Drive Supersonic Wave Motor (DDSSM)
High-resolution cameras demand absolute focus precision. A floating mechanism driven by two DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor) actuators maintains outstanding resolution from infinity to close focus for both stills and movies. DDSSM has the capability to position the large, heavy optical assemblies required by large-aperture lenses with pinpoint precision, offering accurate, fast and quiet autofocus. Manual focus response is natural and intuitive with the DDSSM system.
Nano AR Coating
Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology minimizes flare and ghosting by suppressing internal reflections and maintaining clarity, even in difficult outdoor lighting conditions, for dynamic range that achieves lifelike detail and gradation with advanced camera sensors. This precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, more so than with lenses that use coatings with an irregular nano-structure. The reflection suppression characteristic of the Nano AR Coating is superior to conventional anti-reflective coatings, providing a notable improvement in clarity, contrast, and overall image quality.
Dust and moisture resistant1 for robust reliability
Sony’s standard lens sealing is augmented by a lens mount seal that maximizes resistance to dust and moisture for reliable operation in challenging environmental conditions1. Additional details, like rubberized rings that are easy to operate in low temperatures, a customizable focus hold button and a hood lock button, all add up to professional control and convenience.
ED glass minimizes chromatic aberration
Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements take axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration due to differences in magnification out of the picture, maximizing resolution and bokeh while leaving precisely rendered edges with minimal fringing or unnatural coloration.
Instant auto/manual focus selection
Instantly switch between auto and manual focus via an AF/MF switch on the side of the lens. This makes operation faster and easier as you let the camera and lens focus for you, or decide to take control and manually focus on the precise point you chose.
Focus hold button
The focus hold button not only performs its primary function to lock focus when recomposing, but can be customized to a number of other functions depending on your needs. In addition to Focus Hold, custom functions include: Eye AF, AF On, Aperture Preview, Shot Result Preview or Bright Monitoring.
Internal Focus maintains lens dimensions
Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change while focusing. This is especially useful when using the lens for video with a matte box. In addition, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient if you’re using a polarizing filter.
Fluorine front-element coating
The front lens element features a fluorine coating that helps to prevent dirt and fingerprints from sticking, and makes it easier to wipe dirt and fingerprints away if they become attached to the lens surface. This is a lens that can be used with confidence in a variety of challenging outdoor conditions.
1 Although the design is dust and moisture resistant, absolute protection from dust and moisture is not guaranteed.
2017 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, G Master, the Alpha logo and the Sony logo are trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Compare with similar items
Sony SEL1224G 12-24mm f/4-22 Fixed Zoom Camera Lens, Black
Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar T FE F4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
Sony 55mm F1.8 Sonnar T FE ZA Full Frame Prime Lens - Fixed
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||ALC-SH149||Sony Alpha||Sony E (NEX)||—||Sony FE||Sony E (NEX)|
|Focus Type||auto-focus||auto-focus||auto-focus||Auto/Manual||auto-focus||Stepper motor|
|Item Dimensions||4.88 x 3.5 x 10 in||4.63 x 3.5 x 4.5 in||3.9 x 3.07 x 3.07 in||8.3 x 5 x 5.5 in||11.93 x 5.47 x 5.67 in||2.8 x 2.52 x 2.52 in|
|Item Weight||1.5 lbs||1.25 lbs||1.14 lbs||2.9 lbs||4.9 lbs||0.62 lb|
|Lens Type||zoom||fixed-zoom||Zoom lens||standard-zoom||zoom||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||35||24||35 millimeters||85 millimeters||200||55 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||16||12||16 millimeters||85 millimeters||70||55 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||—||—||72 millimeters||—||—||49 millimeters|
Explore the world in creative new ways with exceptional g Master performance in a 16-35mm F2.8 wide-angle zoom. This lens delivers consistently superb resolution from corner-to-corner, no matter what zoom setting or focus distance at which you shoot. It produces stunning background bokeh that can add depth and artistic impact to your images when required. A compact, lightweight design makes the FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM a great choice for active shooting.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've done some test shots comparing against two other lenses in the focal range.
Comparing against the Sony 28mm with 16mm conversion lens and with the Zeiss FE 35mm F2.8 lens (my favorite)
Attached are a couple of test shots – nothing too special, I'm not DxOMark – check out their review when they get to it.
- Solid Build – the high quality you'd expect from a GM lens.
- Surprisingly light – I have this mounted on an a7rii and it doesn't make the camera too front heavy.
- Has an 82mm filter thread – When you're getting down to 16mm it gets increasingly hard to find lenses that don't have a bulbous front element preventing a filter thread.
- The Bokeh this lens produces is beautiful – not as noticeable in the lower focal ranges, as you'd expect. But 35mm gives an even smoother depth of field than my Zeiss 35mm equivalent
- F2.8 at 16mm is impressive – For such a wide lens having the option to let in this much light is hard to come by.
- Very little distortion – even without correction there is surprisingly little distortion on this lens.
- Weather sealed!
- The lens does extend when you use the wider end. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have that contained in the body.
- It's not small, but that's expected from this.
- When you use this with a filter, you will get a little bit of a vignetting from the filter – since the angle is so wide. Somewhat expected, but kind of a bummer. Even with 2 filters stacked, it's not noticeable above 20mm
Not much bad to say about this lens. It's incredibly sharp and performant, while not feeling like a burden to carry around.
Side note: Amazon does not package the lens well, see attached photo.
• High-quality construction and dust/moisture-resistant construction (but I personally haven't tested the weather sealing capabilities, nor do I really want to [remember, nothing is 100% water and dust resistant])
• A filter will fit on it as it has an 82mm filter thread
• minimal distortion and chromatic aberration
• ƒ/2.8 at 16mm lets in a lot of light for wide angle detail
• weighs 680grams/1.5lbs and not too big or bulky on a full-frame Sony camera
• pairs with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
• Paired with a filter, you may experience some vignetting
• Will be somewhat large when paired with a crop sensor Sony camera like the a6xxx
• Cost may be a factor for some, but its quality and you definitely get what you pay for.
Easier to use for landscape, group photos, wide angle shots comparing to my other lens 55mm f/1.8, 16-70 f/4, and 85mm f/1.8.