Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 148 reviews
on December 28, 2016
A great lens to use in tight spaces. The edge of the pictures on wide angle lenses will not be as clear as the center but that is the nature of wide angle lenses, not a fault of this lens. I loved taking architecture pictures with this lens. Most of the buildings I took pictures of were large, tall, close together, and near traffic. It would have been hard to get a picture of the entire building without having this lens with me. I would have had to stand in the middle of traffic; I'm sure that wouldn't have gone over well. I will carry this lens every time I take my camera out; You never know when you will need it.
on November 13, 2013
I bought this one used from an Amazon seller and it's a very nice lens so far. I bought this one over the newer model available mainly due to price. If i could've found the newer 20mm f/2.8 second-hand for a great price i would have picked it up. I am not a professional photographer and none of my pics are going into National Geographic. The corners are a bit soft on this lens, but a lot of the typical complaints on this lens are made up by 1) Adobe Lightroom, and 2) the fact that you can slap on the ultra wide-angle conversion lens OR the fisheye lens. I have grabbed some AWESOME shots with the ultra wide-angle lens attached to this baby. I wouldn't have bought this lens just by itself - - if you are interested in ultra wide-angle or Fisheye, though, this is a must. If you can spring for the newer 20mm then do that instead. I give it 5 stars because for the money, it's a fantastic lens.
on March 16, 2013
With the conversion lens, this is a very useful unit for taking buildings from the outside and any interior shot. Must have for that. Need to be careful about keeping the verticals vertical by pointing up or down until the vertical lines become vertical. The lens and the conversion lens were made for each other; although for me I wish it were a single unit because I dropped it once and it came apart (but so far still works). Only 4 stars because it is not as sharp as say the Zeiss 1.8/24MM; not in the same class. Price is reasonable.
on September 25, 2016
The others reviews are pretty accurate on the softer sharpness around the edges of images, but given the price point, it's still quite good. I shoot at F18+ for interiors so the images are quite sharp. The wide angle is great at capturing a more comprehensive view in such a small package.
on March 29, 2017
Is not a sharp lens, but I knew this going in. I bought it because it is a cheap wide angle and I am using it for video so thats fine. My issue is the unit I received has bad glass: there are two spots which are constantly dark and blurred during filming and no amount of cleaning is fixing this. Will return this product if possible.
on September 1, 2017
Better than expected, excellent
on April 11, 2016
This is my second purchase. Low f-stop and great. I have been shooting with this lens for over 2 years.
on April 2, 2017
Excellent resolution
on January 5, 2014
I use this lens for my Nex5r and some aerial video. Although the picture is pleasing with little fisheye compared with the Gopro, I find the finished result blurry. I just bought the newest Sony 10-20 zoom which while twice the price is twice as good.
on May 1, 2013
I bought this lens because I wanted a functional and practical lens that would also make my camera much more portable. I quite like my 18-55mm default lens that came in my camera kit but this one works just as well. The portability is unbeatable and I like the quality of the photos it produces.