Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony FE 2.0x Teleconverter" and save 17% off the $577.79 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sony FE 2.0x Teleconverter
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2.0x tele converter that maintains full G Master performance, Currently only compatible with the SEL70200GM lens
- Impressive optical performance with aspherical lens element, Precision engineered for versatility and reliability
- Dust and moisture resistant design for maximum reliability
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Multiplies focal length by 2.0x w/ only a 2-stops light loss
Maintain the full image quality and AF performance of the lens, and feature a dust and moisture resistant design for maximum reliability when shooting outdoors. 2
- 1 As of July 2016 these teleconverters are compatible with the SEL70200GM only.
- 2016 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Full-frame E-mount 2.0x Teleconverter Lens
compatible with the SEL70200GM lens
Double your focal length and retain full optical quality and operability1, offering outstanding performance for sports of wildlife photography in a compact, lightweight kit.
- 2.0x teleconverter that maintains full G Master performance
- Impressive optical performance with aspherical lens element
- Precision engineered for versatility and reliability
- Dust and moisture resistant design for maximum reliability2
|Compatible Mountings||Sony FE|
|Included Components||Lens front cap, Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case, warranty|
|Item Dimensions||4.69 x 3.43 x 4.09 inches|
|Item Weight||0.88 pounds|
|Lens Design||Fixed Prime|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 Year|
|Maximum Focal Length||35|
|Minimum Focal Length||35|
|Shipping Weight||0.9 pounds|
Extend your range by 2.0x and retain full optical quality and operability, offering outstanding performance for sports of wildlife photography in a compact, lightweight kit. Multiplies focal length by 2.0x with only a 2-stops light loss. Maintain the full image quality and AF performance of the lens, and feature a dust and moisture resistant design for maximum reliability when shooting outdoors.
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top customer reviews
So how much light is lost? My camera shows F9 at 200mm and F11 at 800mm.
I first tried shooting subjects that were very far away to test the limits of the teleconverter. It's quite a challenge to keep the camera steady and get focused, but it's not impossible. Don't try to photograph tiny birds like swallows that are 30 feet or more away. You'd be asking for too much.
It's much better to find a subject that is well within reach of your actual focal length or just out of reach. That's where the teleconverter really shines. There's no huge penalty for shooting wide open at 800mm if your subject is in the right range. You will get amazing closeups and if you're into macros you will get excellent detail without having to get very close to the subject. If you're photographing wildlife, this is great since you'll be able to get closer shots without getting physically closer and potentially disturbing your subject.
I didn't notice any major loss of quality in images. Some images came out soft but this is more of a focus issue. You will find it difficult to lock in focus at times. Overall my images were beyond acceptable. When loading up photographs for editing I don't need to do a major amount of post processing in order to make the shots look good. I'm editing just as I would edit any photo without a converter. You won't be spending a lot of time cleaning up quality loss.
It's a little pricey, but I'm definitely satisfied. If you have the right expectations you will enjoy using it.