Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on January 11, 2007
I bought this for our church, as a companion to a new video projector. It's ok, but the VCR is pretty sad: it has a hard time with some older tapes that play just fine in a $40 no-name VCR. The DVD player does a decent enough job, but it's nothing special.

One really stupid thing, mentioned in another review, is that the VCR and DVD sections don't share the S-Video output, so I have to run two separate connections to the TV. Dumb. Isn't that why you buy a combo deck in the first place? To eliminate extra wires?

Given the chance to do it over, I would buy separate components.
on March 17, 2006
After moving and rewiring all of our Audio and Video equipment in our house after our Christmas present to each other of a new Sony TV, we purchased this Sony DVD/VCR combo unit from Amazon. The price was cheaper even with shipping than we could purchase it locally on sale. The hook-up time for this unit even with a satellite connection in the mix was incredibly easy. Both the TV and the DVD/VCR talk to each other well, and both remote controls seem to handle all of their multi unit functions well. Have had no problems with this unit since it was purchased in January 2006.
on June 8, 2015
My old Sony DVD player/VCR recorder was easy to plug in, record/VCR and play DVD.
On this new Sony there is a long list of "Setup" proceedures in the Owner's manual to be even able to Record on the DVD.
On this new Sony.I had to sit down and go page by page on the Owner's manual to find out how to do this.
It was a chore, believe me.
I have yet to try to record in this new VCR.
on July 30, 2015
wreaked from smell of cigarette smoke so could not stand to have itin my home
on May 3, 2017
Very pleased with this. Should have chosen a Sony the first time I tried this. Recording video and audio is excellent. Playback also very good. Wife happy can play our old tapes and record her TV shows. Would be 5 * but has a little understandable wear from use. Very happy.
on April 13, 2017
I had to send it back. The VCR tape would not go in, and had to use a pair of butter knives to get it back out.
on March 8, 2017
Works good.
on November 4, 2016
Works great and it looks like new.
on February 2, 2016
Damaged not in good condition with no remote control
on March 16, 2015
Returned. Advertised as "Like New". It did not work. The DVD door would not open; The VCR ate tapes.