|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Wireless Type||802.11A, 802.11 A/C, 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
Sony Z2 SPG561 32GB 10.1" Verizon + GSM 4G LTE Water-Resistant Tablet w/ Exmor RS 8MP Camera - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For Verizon Wireless and also unlocked to work with all GSM carriers! 4G LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801; CPU: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- 16GB Internal Memory, 3GB RAM; External Memory: MicroSD up to 64GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary 8 MP Front Facing w/ 2 MP Rear Facing Camera
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
High end tablets are really a niche market; there are plenty of expensive tablets, but few high end ones. The best tablet on the market right now is the iPad Air. Excellent fit and finish, fantastic hardware and design, distinctive and yet familiar, the lines of it scream Apple (tastefully of course). The only problem is the software; I don't want to live in Apple's walled garden anymore. I did it for awhile, didn't realize how restrictive I would find it, didn't like it. If you like it, then you've got an easy choice, buy whatever Apple's serving at the moment. I've got no argument to sway you, but I will say that the Z2 is the first Android tablet to possibly top Apple's flagship in terms of overall feel. It is a superb example of what tablets can be when manufacturers stick to making things and let the programmers worry about the software. Don't get me wrong, Sony gunks things up a bit with some of their mediocre software, but none of it gets in your way too much as a user.
The only competition for this tablet besides the Apple Air, are various Samsung offerings.Read more ›
I like the Android system, so I use my Google account to setup all my favorite apps. I also use it to operate all my flat screens and remote controlled devices, such as DVD and Bluray players. Screen is clear and detailed - almost as good as Apple's Retina - but the Z2's screen seems tinted a bit, a liitle dark, maybe because of the glass Sony uses. I noticed a significant amount of reflection, but that's typical. Black color tends to show fingerprints, so white may be a good choice too. It's waterproof, so I won't worry if I take it to the beach. Camera is not very good, but that was the very least of my concerns.
* I stopped subscribing to a hardcopy newspaper. Financial Times (pay) and Economist (pay) and Guardian (free) has great tablet applications
* I have almost stopped using my laptop. Instead I use my desktop and my tablet.
* The tablet is not good for writing, but in landscape mode the virtual keyboard is still quite efficient. On top of it the MS Office application is useless for tablets. That might change but I don't think I will use my tablet for much inputting.
* I am ambivalent about my Sony Xperia phone. It has a nice big screen but once I bought the tablet, I use the phone less and less. Naturally the phone is great for phone calls and GPS tracking. Still I think my next phone will be a lighter, small screen one. In the longer term maybe one can skip the smartphone if the smart watch can do everything that the tablet cannot do. Interesting times!
* It is irritating that I cannot easily access material from my Windows desktop directly on my tablet, but that is an Android limitation.
Overall, I think the time is ripe for you buying a tablet. Now, over to the Sony Xperia Z2:
* The lightest tablet, especially since you do not need a special protective folder to avoid getting the tablet dirty.
* Fast processor and clear bright screen
* Battery easily lasts a day and 2-3 days if you do not use video.
* Washable under running water making it easy to remove finger marks.
* The wide black area on the sides is great in my view. Good for holding the tablet without smearing the screen with finger prints. I do not understand why some people criticise this feature.Read more ›
The tablet is fantastic. The Sony Store was a pain. Paying the $30 premium would have been cheaper in retrospect.
The Sony Store attempted to validate the purchase by making caller ID masked calls and leaving no message.
Getting the order renewed properly, without fulling all the way to the end of the line took far too much work on my part
to correct their mistaken cancellation.
But the tablet was worth it. Vivid display. It's light enough that I'll pick it up and carry it with me when fetching a coke from the refrigerator.
You will want to get a magnetic charging dock to fully take advantage of this model. Waterproofing means that the tab over the micro-usb port is not easy to open. If you think about it, this is good thing, because it is only waterproof if this is closed.
In any event, Sony magnetic docks are second only to Qi wireless.
I use it both in magnet dock with a bluetooth keyboard and as a carry-with-me tablet. It works great in both mode.I especially enjoy reading the morning news during my morning soak.
The two features that separate this from other 10" tablets with similar processing specs: waterproof/dustproof and you can dock it witht magnetic charging dock.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had it over a year and I love it!! Best one I've had yet and Samsung is definitely my 2nd choice!! But I wanted to give Sony a try and I'm glad I did!!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
sooooo disappointed with this purchase ... and $500+ !!!!
purchased for my daughter. I am PC - daughter just starting apple product use. Read more
The Sony Xperia2 tablet, even after 19 months since it was launched into the market, is still relevant, technologically speaking. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Johannes Platonicus
I HAVE SENT MY Z2 TABLET TWICE WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR THE YELLOW TINT ON THE EDGE OF THE SCREEN!!!!!! Read morePublished 14 months ago by VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH SONY
Great concept poor execution. After a few months mine stopped working. Both charging ports failed. Now either buy a new tablet like Samsung or pay a fortune to repair this one. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Jeff D.
-Very slim and light
-Good rear camera
-Water and dust resistant
-Lower resolution screen than its... Read more