Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 15, 2015
The very best small radio out there ! It has a strong, digital tuning system for AM, FM, and Weather stations and you can lock them in and still change them later. Do read the directions on how to set the clock and use the 2 bands of AM, and FM, so you can set many stations. Digital tuning: which means you just have to run through the stations and choose them instead of setting them across a row of numbers. If you use the headphones that come with them, your own or small basic ( not bluetooth) external speakers...you will feel like you are in a concert hall. I did not know this radio sounded so fabulous until I was looking for one to give a friend in Rehabilitation. I gave him that one with headphones and ordered myself another one. Worth the money.FABULOUS SOUND ! Updating this review as I ran across this radio by accident. 4-13-2017 : This small radio is FABULOUS and packs a TON or SOUND and is amazing. Small just means it is easy to carry. I originally gave mine to a bed ridden friend and while testing and replacing the batteries, and replaced it for me with a second one. I forgot it was WONDERFUL.
on March 1, 2016
I purchased this primarily for its AM radio band, which I could take with me on exercise walks. Because of the orientation of the built-in AM antenna, it is sometimes necessary to physically reorient the radio during a walk. Nonetheless for this purpose it works very well and I am happy I got it. However, I live in AZ and need to wear a sun shielding hat. The headphones are not very comfortable and earbuds would be much more useful. I have tried to use substitute headphones, but the headphones also act as the FM antenna, and sometimes I prefer the FM programs. I have tried a few different alternatives, from cheap, knock-off ear buds to expensive noise-canceling headphones. None provide FM antenna capabilities as well as the original companion headphones. I would certainly be open to suggestions from someone who have found more headphone success than I. In spite of it falling short of the ideal, I am happy I made the purchase.
on April 4, 2015
This is a decent pocket personal radio. Its practically the only model available these days
(without a speaker). I have owned 4 or 5 of them over the years so I am very familiar
with their benefits and pitfalls. The reception is very good. The sound quality is clear
and static free. The single AAA battery is easy to load & unload. The case is solid.
The presets are easy to lock in. On the negative side: one or more of the preset buttons
becomes very hard to push (10 - 20 lbs presssure) after many months of use (maybe
a couple or few years). It will pick up static if held near a running laptop pc or some AC
electrical circuits (less than 18 inches). The volume dial only reduces the sound to
very low, not fully muted. The characters on the preset buttons (12345) will wear off
after a lot of use (but you'll have memorized them by then).
Over all, its not bad, but Sony had better models in the past. Who knew this would be their last.
on September 27, 2016
I ordered the one with the weather band but received the SRF-M37. Don't get me wrong, it is a suitable option as a Postal worker to have a compact radio such as this with something to listen to as you walk your route all day. It fits in a fanny pack, jacket pocket, or what have you.

This was just an honest mistake that anyone could've made but the digital tuning is what sold me on it versus digging one out of the attic that has that roll-dial tuning.
on June 10, 2008
I bought this Walkman for mowing the lawn and have ended up using it all the time, riding my bike two miles to work, while putting around my shop,and mowing the yard. The reception is crisp and clear, and even here in "Radio Free Wyoming", I can pick up several F.M. stations and the weather band. It is like having a mini-stereo system.
22 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2013
I read a couple of ONE STAR reviews to see what all the hate is about because I think so far that this product is the greatest thing I have seen it awhile. I knew I wanted a digital radio. Messing with a dial in order to change stations is awkward and slow and you never seem to be able to tune correctly for any station. This was a MUST HAVE feature for me and SONY delivered with flying colors. There are FIVE preset station buttons that enable you to easily move from station to station.

Locking down a station to each button is a breeze too. Just hold down one of the five preset buttons for a few seconds and the station is locked on. The added small bonus is a DIGITAL CLOCK that is also pretty easy to setup. I needed to study the directions for a moment to do it, but it only need to hold down the CLOCK button for a few seconds and then use the tuning buttons to input the correct time.

Without looking at the directions I found a SWITCH on the side that is use to LOCK OUT all the buttons of on the face of the device – including the POWER BUTTON. Next to this switch is the DIAL that is used for volume control.

I just started using this device today so I cannot adequately challenge those that claim their devices STOPPED WORKING after 30 DAYS. I can tell you that I have never purchased a SONY product where this has happened. Generally, SONY products for me become obsolete long before that happens, like the first WALKMAN player I got that played CDs. The thing had the weight and size of a block. Oh, those were the good old days.
on July 25, 2017
It arrived promptly. It is lightweight and has reasonably good reception. It will not receive in problematic areas, such as a basement with overhead pipes and not many windows. The design is clear and simple, the small LCD screen is easy to read. The sound it produces through my Bose stand-alone speakers is wonderfully clear. The price was appropriate. The belt clip on the back seems sturdy, but put a label on the device with your contact info in case this little device goes walkabouts on its own.
on October 7, 2016
Quality (sound, digital tuning and material) is satisfactory for the price. Simple to learn how to use...I don't like complicated stuff which needs to read a thick user's manual. I like the small size...it fits inside a shirt breast pocket, or jacket pocket or even a large watch pocket on some jeans. I linked power-assist stereo external speakers so that others can hear...plays pretty good. Some photos on Amazon show headphones, but the SRF-M37W has earbuds. I needed a radio for when power goes out, which happens in my area (DC) a lot. We live in a third world country.
on April 12, 2016
Works with the included (large) headphones. Does not work well (poor reception) with my normal "ear bud" style headphones. I suspect this is because the FM antenna is in the earphone cord and probably not included in 3rd party ear buds. This is mentioned in the specs, but I still thought it would work for news/sports stations. I'll probably return this.
on May 26, 2016
I bought 2 of these for early Mother's Day gifts, and after a month of use, I can say that this is a competent product, but not without it's weaknesses. First, it seems to be sturdily built, and the buttons give good response. A single AAA battery keeps it running for a long time - probably close to the 50+ hours claimed. My tech-challenged wife had no problem setting the presets. The included headphones don't do the radio justice - use a better set of 'phones; you won't regret it. I loop the cord through the detachable belt clip, since I tend to hang up the cord & yank it loose as I move around - btw, belt clips from other Sony models (e.g. the srf-59) also fit the m37w. Audio quality is acceptable, if a bit bass-heavy, but I guess that's what the buying public wants. The analog volume control works well, and I can mow the lawn while listening. The lock-out switch turns off everything except the volume control. The DX (long distance) setting only works for the weather band - in fact I have to set it to DX to get any reception on this band. DX-ing on other bands is so-so. Local station reception is rock-solid, and the PLL tuning works well. The AM band is susceptible to RF (radio frequency) interference, so I can't use it near other electronics. Also, the internal AM antenna is sensitive to orientation, so signals fade as the radio is moved - not a good trait for a wearable radio. To sum up - if you can live w/these shortcomings, I'd say go for it.