2-Year Multi-Device Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Plan covers all electronics purchased (Mobile Phones Excluded) within 12 months of purchase of the plan
- Click on "Learn More" or see below to view the full list of products covered
- Eligible products are covered for 2 years from the purchase of the plan with $1000 in total claim benefits
- Protects against drops, spills, and cracks immediately, and mechanical breakdown after the manufacturer's warranty expires
- $0 deductible. Cancel anytime. See full Terms and Conditions for details
Sony SRFH4 Analog Tuning AM / FM Headphone Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$320.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Compact Lighweight Stylish Design
- FM / AM Stereo Analog Tuner
- Double Adjustable Headband for Added Stability and Comfort
- Flexible Helical Antenna with Light Reflector for Pedestrian Safety
- Operates On 1 AA Battery (Not Included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Sony SRFH4 Analog Tuning AM / FM Headphone Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Works 10121816 MP3/AM/FM Digital Radio Ear Muffs
Memorex MR4402BK Sport Armband & Neck Strap Digital AM/FM Radio Clock Function Built-in Belt Clip & Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black)
TIVDIO V-112 Portable Digital Tuning AM / FM Stereo Radio with Earphone for Walk(Gold)
COBY CX-22 YEL Sports AM/FM Headset Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Happy Thoughts CO||Amazon.com||Real Selling Group LLC||Deals Galore USA||Retevis Direct||pickin4profit|
|Item Dimensions||—||4 x 6.75 x 6.75 in||7.48 x 0.75 x 10.08 in||5.6 x 10.2 x 3.5 in||0.5 x 3.3 x 1.8 in||2 x 7 x 8 in|
The stylish design of the Sony AM/FM Headset Radio is compact, lightweight and sports a double adjustable headband for added stability and comfort. Features an AM/FM analog tuner with a Mega Bass sound system that produces deep, rich bass tones; and a flexible Helical antenna with light reflector.
Top customer reviews
Main disappointment is that these radios have become so expensive, and all the newer potential replacements require tethered earbuds that tangle (especially if the listener falls asleep with them on!). I think the radios are still worth the very $$$ price for someone who spends many hours a day listening.
So, when I needed another headphone radio, I decided to buy another SRF-H3, but then noticed that Sony had just updated the product as the new SRF-H4.
The new version has been improved in a number of ways:
- The larger ear pad fits more comfortably and don't move from the correct position.
- The FM tuner now does a better job of rejecting adjacent channels (much less bleed-through from other channels).
- Even with the normal setting, the H4 has much better bass than the H3, and in the Mega-Bass position, the bass response is unusually good for a product in this price range. (Not only is this important for current pop music, but it also makes jazz and classical sound more natural.) The increased low end makes the overall response less emphasized towards the high end, which also makes the inherent noise and hiss of AM & FM radio less apparent and thus less annoying. By the way, the response sounds more even with Mega-Bass turned on, indicating that the designers anticipate the product being used by most users with it switched on, and thus provide the off position as a convenience for those who find that much bass annoying.
- The mounting of the speakers directly on the ear pieces is more solid, and eliminates the possibility of the sort of breakage mentioned in customer reviews of the H3.
Note that the product is extremely inexpensive and thus one ought not to expect the sort of sound quality you might get if you spend "three figures". However, most of the inadequacies are in what is missing (instrumental tonality and detail, dynamic range, etc.) and thus the product is still pleasant to use. Also, my radio tuning needs are minimal (there are only a few stations here), and as local radio conditions vary quite a bit, it's possible that your situation might require a more expensive tuner. But then again, it might not.
I reserve 5 stars for those high-end units, but I don't see what Sony could do to further improve this product without also having to increase the price.
PS It uses one "AAA" battery (easily available) - I mention this in case Amazon has not yet corrected their information.
I would not purchase this again because mainly it is just outdated, and there were some times when I found it difficult to tune in a station and keep it tuned in.
Still, for $20, I feel I have gotten my monies worth.