Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 26, 2005
I'm not sure why the other reviewers had such trouble with bass response. I placed both speakers about six feet apart and about a foot from the wall behind them and had an overwhelming bass preponderance. In fact, when I equalized the sound using a pink noise generator, it required significant bass cuts to achieve a balanced sound and still the floors vibrate with every drumbeat. Perhaps it reflects a difference in taste from the other reviewers.

Regardless, these speakers sound excellent in my house (old house, hardwood floors, large rooms) and generate plenty of volume while maintaining clarity. For the price, including shipping, I would recommend them to anyone with the space to need speakers this size.
on May 14, 2007
These spreakers are a type of product that I have been looking for and have been unable to find through online electronics dealers or in stores. My intended use for this system is for a stereo that I don't use very often but tear down and set up at various locations throughout my home, ie; garage, basement workshop, outdoors,etc. They are compact enough to be moved easily yet have the power handling and cabinet volume to provide respectable sound volume levels and bass response. I would recommend this system to anyone who desires impressive performance at a modest price.
on September 10, 2007
First of all the speakers got to my house in 3 days (and that's always a plus in my book), and I hooked them up and they are fantastic! I love these speakers, I will do business with this seller again. Thanks!
on June 23, 2004
While I am not an audiophile, I do enjoy listening to all kinds of music, from heavy metal to classical.
These speakers were excellent for my tastes and budget. I was deciding between the Sony floor standing and the Athena floor standing models, and these came on top. While the Athena had nicer sound, they could not justify the price difference. The other Sony speakers (the SS-MF650H) had more bass than these, more than what I needed.
Many other brands I was also testing (Yamaha, Bose, Klipsch) were disappointing, especially considering the premium price.
As with all speakers, it is best to hear them before you buy. This is my choice, and they are great for me.
19 people found this helpful
on August 29, 2005
I have the whole set these babys are good but if you want them for 2-channel music either step up to the 750's, subwoofer them or just spend twice as much on infinity. But if you want a budget theater system buying these with the small 150's for SS, CN550 for center, and whatever sub will hide there small flaws and express there strength. In combo they sound great better than those crap BOSE (B uy O ther S ound E quipment). Or almost any HTIB even 1500$ ones. These are sony of canada speakers they are much better than past sonys but they are entry level. You will not be disapointed.
on August 19, 2005
These speakers are big in size but short on performance. Except for the price tag, not much else excites one about them. They make a good surround sound system with the Sony 3 speaker set for surround sound, but for listening to music you are better off with a set of good bookshelf speakers with a decent sub. These speakers lack bass inspite of their size, and sound quality is poor at higher volumes
on December 18, 2008
I used this Sony speakers for my surround sound system. I paired it with a Sony center channel to get better sound matching. It is important to have speakers with similiar output and frequency matching. The low end bass is deep but not "thumpy". I wish it can produce clearer "high" since listening to music CDs is not quite as good as my old JBL speakers. Overall, it is a decent speaker for low end system.
One person found this helpful
on September 11, 2004
My old expensive speakers were shot so I went out and bought what consumer reports said was a great speaker for the money. They were right. Technology has improved greatly, you can now buy a high quality budget speaker that is way better than the tech you could buy just a couple of years ago. I'am very pleased.
17 people found this helpful
on January 26, 2006
I HAVE TO SAY THAT I BEGAN LISTENING TO THESE SPEAKERS LAST YEAR AT LEAST A HALF DOZEN TIMES BEFORE I PURCHASED THEM.

THE HIGH'S AND MID'S ARE REALY NICE AND SMOOTH, THE BASS ( LOW'S) ARE DECENT, I THINK IF I HAD A MORE POWERFUL RECEIVER I WOULD GET BETTER BASS OUT OF THE SPEAKER. I HAVE THESE HOOKED UP TO MY SONY STR-DE595 90 WATT RECEIVER AND I HAVE ALL SONY SPEAKERS FROM THE SAME FAMILY FOR SURROUND SOUND. I MUST SAY I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THEM. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR INEXPENSIVE SPEAKERS FOR A BEGINNER THESE WILL BE JUST FINE.

I HAD POLK'S BEFORE AND THESE ARE COMPRABLE TO THOSE.
on December 1, 2004
These speakers can almost hit any range of sound, but if anything they are a little weak on the bass side. They put out very crisp sound for my system. You might want to add a sub to them for complete range sound.
5 people found this helpful