Sony STR-DN1000 7.1-Channel Audio Video Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$399.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 7 HD inputs (4 active HDMI and 3 component inputs)
- Simple operation with on-screen GUI
- Blu-ray disc player matching design
- 7.1-channel A/V receiver
- HD upscaling/upconverting technology
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sony STR-DN1000 7.1-Channel Audio Video Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$14.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HTF Products||diplomancs||PIP GAMING||superior sales|
|Special Features||24p True Cinema technology||Audio decoding||Sleep Timer;3D Compatiblity||Built-in WiFi|
|Warranty Description||2 years warranty||1 year limited warranty||Information not provided||Information not provided|
|Product Site Launch Date||Mon May 18 00:00:01 UTC 2009||Wed Feb 23 11:01:05 UTC 2011||Tue Feb 19 08:00:01 UTC 2013||Thu Apr 25 07:00:01 UTC 2013|
|Item Weight||1 pounds||24 pounds||16 pounds||22.3 pounds|
|Dimensions||10.59 inches x 21.26 inches x 16.85 inches||10.9 inches x 21.25 inches x 15.4 inches||6.3 inches x 17 inches x 13 inches||9.75 inches x 19.25 inches x 15.75 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Review from Home Theater Magazine
Review from HomeTheaterMag.com: Sony STR-DA5400ESLike the old canine joke punch-line, "Because he can," electronics designers seem to be adding greater functionality and features to their A/V receivers more because they can rather than because consumers need them, want them, or are likely to use them.
Top Customer Reviews
1) 5.1 surround sound consisting of: Polk Audio TSi200 L + R speakers, a Polk CS20 Center Channel Speaker, and a Yamaha subwoofer and two Yamahah back channel L & R speakers.
4) A Sony DVP-NS700H/B DVD player
5) Toshiba 42" Regaza LCD
6) Comcast Digital Cable box
7) WD TV Live HD Media Player
All devices connected using Version 1.3 Category 2 HDMI Cables.
Setting things up:
Set-up is a breeze.Read more ›
* Excellent audio.
* Good GUI that is easy to use, but you must read the manual first and consult it as you go (at least I had to).
* Good readable front and on-screen display with options for what is displayed while unit is operating (device, sound field, etc) and nameable inputs.
* Four HDMI inputs.
* Attractive design.
* Exceptional Auto Format Decoding that produces very good sound from 2-channel sources with clear centered dialogue and some LFE output. I use this setting exclusively for all devices and it unfailingly detects the proper format.
* Very easy and very accurate auto speaker setup using included microphone. It set my front speakers to large instead of small but other than that I didn't have to change any of the settings.
* Poor manual. Too small in size, not well-written. This seems like a common problem with electronics these days, but maybe it is just because devices are more complicated.
* You must purchase a separate device to use with iPod/iPhone.
* No S-VHS inputs (not at all important to me, but might be to some users).
* Somewhat confusing speaker input placement on back of receiver. (I would have put the front speaker inputs above the surround back inputs and next to the center channel input.)
I use the receiver with a Sony LCD TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Cox Cable DVR, Tivo HD, Energy Classic speakers and Infinity subwoofer. No compatibility problems encountered.Read more ›
I have a medium to small size living room, 14 x 19 feet, hardwood floors, carpet with some natural shades (helps with reducing reverb and echo), a pre-wired system, hooked up to a PS3 with HDMI cables; and to the cable box with HDMI. More importantly I have this receiver hooked up to the Mirage Nanostat 5.1 speaker system (with the sold-separately center channel). And it sounds flippin' great! The receiver has enough power to fill our living room with sound loud enough to wake the neighbors, but we don't ever need to have it that loud. More importantly, it's clear and sharp... no muddled noise. The first movie we watched with this receiver was Braveheart... a good test in music, chaotic battle scenes, and discerning heavy Scottish accents. It passed with flying colors, the girlfriend and I smiled at the quality of the sound; it really is nice having a theater experience at home.
I haven't explored all the features yet, and since I only have two components connected... probably won't anytime soon. But I think the up-conversion will be nice when I steal back the Wii from my parents.
I rated the "Ease of Use" around the half-way point.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this for awhile now and still love the sound that comes out of this. It has everything I need with the quality you expect from Sony.Published 4 months ago by Mike Lomax
This was an AMAZING receiver. Now that I have a sound bar I no longer need it, but it worked GREAT for the 5+ years I used it.Published 7 months ago by Daniel W. Clark
Great setup for a light speaker setup. I've paired this amp with Pioneers Andrew Jones collection which for the money sounds great. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Kris W
Was a nice receiver until it died the other day after playing it loudly for too long I guess. No it's in the trash.Published 12 months ago by Robert L Martinez
Lots of nice features, but lacking 1080p and 3d pass through is a critical miss.Published on July 1, 2014 by Rob