- 6 HD Inputs
- 3D pass-through
- HD digital cinema sound
- BRAVIA widget control
Sony STRDH520 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- TOTAL 945W (135W/ch x 7 @8ohm, 1kHz, THD 0.05%) 100W + 100W @ 8ohm, 1kHz, THD 1%
- 6 HD Inputs (4 HDMI, 2 Component)
- 3D pass-through
- HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD DCS)
- Dolby TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- 7.1-channel AV receiver with 100W per channel
- 3D pass-through capability
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Sony STR-DH520 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver, Black
Step up your home entertainment experience with Sony's STR-DH520 receiver that delivers 7.1 powerful channels of sound and allows up to six HD connections.6 Plus, enjoy incredible sound quality while you watch 3D sports movies and games from connected 3D devices.1 Audio Return Channel ensures that you enjoy surround sound even when you watch television delivered straight to your connected HDTV.6
The Latest Technology
A total of six HD inputs guarantee utmost connectivity and versatility. Four HDMI inputs with 3D pass-through allow you to connect a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, PS3 system, cable box or other device to enjoy 3D movies, video games and TV shows. But wait, there's more: two component HD inputs ensure all your compatible devices can get in on the action.
Enter a new dimension in home entertainment. Featuring four HDMI inputs with 3D pass-through, you can connect your compatible 3D Blu-ray Disc player, PS3 system, cable box or satellite receiver to enjoy a spectrum of 3D entertainment.1 Don't yet have a 3D-compatible device? No problem; all HD inputs are also compatible with standard 2D devices.
Get blown away by the sounds of your favorite movies and hear them the way they were meant to be heard. Engineered around Sony's intimate knowledge of movie sound production, HD Digital Cinema Sound mode recreates the precise acoustics of the theater and delivers an immersive cinematic experience right to your own home.
Smart Design, Smart Features
Advanced Blu-ray Disc Audio Decoding and 24p True Cinema (pass-through)
Experience sound closer to the way it was captured with LPCM, Dolby trueHD, ProLogic IIz and dts-HD master audio codecs.2 Also, watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console via HDMI cable.
BRAVIA Widget Control and Sync Capability
Connect to select Sony 2011 Televisions and experience an integrated user interface on-screen.5 Conveniently operate and control select Sony BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, Sony home theater products, Handycam Camcorders and Cyber-shot Digital Cameras.4
Audio Return Channel
Eliminate the need for extra cables connected to your TV. This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV.6
Standby pass-through of Audio and Video
Conveniently access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver.
1Requires 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D glasses, 3D emitter, and HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps).
2Requires HDMI cable and LPCM capable receiver.
3Requires HDTV with equivalent display and HDMI cable sold sep.
4Syncs with BRAVIA Sync or Theatre Sync products.
5Can be used only when [sound bar, receiver, etc.] is connected to a Sony XBR-EX620, EX630, EX720, EX820, EX830, NX830, HX820, HX830, or HX930 series BRAVIA HDTV via HDMI cable sold sep.
6Requires HDMI cables sold sep.
|Watts/Channel: ||100 x 7 |
|Warranty: ||2 Years |
|3D Pass-through Ready?:||Yes |
|Remote Included: ||Yes, IR Wireless |
|Advanced Audio Formats: || |
|Inputs: || |
|Outputs: || |
|Amplifier Features: || |
|Dimensions/Weight:||17 x 6.25 x 12.75 Inches/16.8 lb |
Top Customer Reviews
* Component inputs will not be converted and passed through to HDMI to the TV. If you use component inputs, you need another component cable running to the TV. I know, no big surprise, no other receivers at this price point will do that either.
* No phono/pre-amp input. Again, not a big deal, if you're one of the few people that still uses a turntable (like me), you'll need to buy a separate pre-amp.
* A maximum of 4 video-capable devices can be plugged into this receiver. Practically speaking, at least two of those will have to be HDMI if you want to fully utilize this box. Component and analog inputs are extremely limited. If you don't have a mostly HDMI setup, I would recommend searching for a PDF of the owner's manual before buying this receiver to make sure that all of your devices can be plugged in.
* Fortunately, you can reassign inputs based on your needs, BUT this is limited as well. For instance, you cannot assign any of the composite (yellow) video inputs to the BD/DVD mode. The only modes that can handle both analog video and sound inputs are "VIDEO" and "SAT/CATV". Another cost-saving measure by Sony.
* Only one optical audio input can be used. The second one is for TVs without the HDMI audio return channel capability. If your TV supports HDMI 1.4, then that optical input will probably stay unused forever. It cannot be reassigned to a second device with optical support.
It's a Sony, so it will last for years, and the HDMI and 3D capability make sure it won't become obsolete for a good while.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice unit, doesn't do something's like a high dollar unit might, but I knew that before hand and got what I paid for.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a great receiver and has been very good in our family room with the speakers we had. We were very happy with this receiver!Published 2 months ago by damageless
I purchased an almost-new sound system before realizing the obvious: I'd need a receiver to hook it all together. Read morePublished 3 months ago by B. Perry
So far it works really well. I have a velodyne subwoofer and it really performs. Better than the 5.1 I had before.Published 7 months ago by Don