- Get a $10 credit toward an Amazon Music Unlimited - Individual Plan with your eligible audio device purchase! Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sony STRDH550 5.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 42% off the $249.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Sony STRDH550 5.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
|Our Price:||To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- 5.2 Ch, 725W A/V Receiver (145 W x 7 at 6 ohms)
- Enhanced use via On Screen Display and streamlined remote
- Supports high-res file playback via USB
- Flexible HDMI connectivity with 4 inputs and 1 output
- Supports 4K pass-through,HDMI Audio Return Channel for playback of TV audio5
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sony STRDH550 5.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
|Price||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$148.25||$118.00||$274.95||$148.99||$238.98|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$19.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||superior sales||Amazon.com||WholesaleLiquidation|
|Connectivity Technology||Analog Audio In, MHL, Coaxial, Optical In, Pre Out (Subwoofer), Headphone Out, USB, AV In, HDMI||Bluetooth||Wired||HDMI||Wired||bluetooth, hdmi|
|Item Dimensions||15.69 x 19.5 x 9.25 in||19.8 x 9.5 x 15.8 in||10.9 x 16.9 x 5.2 in||13 x 17 x 6.3 in||7.5 x 15.8 x 19.5 in||17 x 13 x 6 in|
|Item Weight||19.25 lbs||0.34 ounces||14 lbs||16 lbs||17.2 lbs||17 lbs|
|Output Wattage||145 watts||420 watts||270 watts||200 watts||50 watts||110 watts|
|Additional Features||3D Compatiblity||5.1 Channel Amplifier, VFD Display, Built-In Bluetooth Receiver with 2 Mic Inputs, Built-In AM/FM Radio with 12 Presets, Wireless remote control included||2 Channel, 5 analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, Auto standby||Sleep Timer;3D Compatiblity||5.1 Channel Ampliflier, Built-In AM/FM Radio, 300 Watts L/R Channel (4ohm) 50W for Center, Surround L and Surround R(4Ohm)||—|
|Number of Audio Channels||5.2||5.1||2||5.2||5||5.1 channel|
Bring the excitement home with 5.2 channels, 725 watts8 and iPhone and iPod connectivity. It also handles all of your components with 4 HD inputs and 4K resolution pass-through. Now, all of your music and movies will get the multi-layered sound quality they deserve with HD Digital Cinema Sound and auto calibration for easy set-up.Input and Output Terminals:HDMI Video In/Out (4/1);Composite Video Input (2);Composite Monitor Out (1);Opt Audio Input (2);Coax. Audio Input (1);Analog Audio Input (4);Headphone Output;USB (1 Front:iPhone/WM);MHL (1 Rear)
From the Manufacturer
5.2 Ch. 4K A/V Receiver
Bring the excitement home with 5.2 channels, 725 watts8 and iPhone and iPod connectivity. It also handles all of your components with 4 HD inputs and 4K resolution pass-through. Now, all of your music and movies will get the multi-layered sound quality they deserve with HD Digital Cinema Sound and auto calibration for easy set-up.
The heart of your system.
Bring the excitement home with 5.2 channels, 725 watts8 and iPhone and iPod connectivity. It also handles all of your components with 4 HDMI inputs and 4K resolution pass-through4. Now, all of your music and movies will get the multi-layered sound quality they deserve with HD Digital Cinema Sound and auto calibration for easy set-up.
The STR-DH550 packs the best SonyMusic and SonyPictures audio technologies in addition to being powerful enough to deliver impressive multi-channel sound performance (145W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD). It even supports High-Resolution file playback (up to 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC) using the convenient, front-mounted USB connector1.
Enjoy versatile HD connectivity with four HDMI inputs and connect a Sony PlayStation entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc player, or any other HDMI-capable devices2. Via MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link), easily connect a smartphone and enjoy video clips, music, and more on the big screen complete with big sound3. A front-mounted USB input even allows for easy connectivity and charging of compatible devices1.
Life less complicated.
Don’t turn on your entire home theater system just to catch the nightly news or watch a Blu-ray movie. HDMI pass-through functionality allows all connected HDMI devices, including native 4K video content, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D movies, video games and other content to conveniently pass-through to your compatible television or projector3.
HD Digital Cinema Sound.
Bring the Hollywood movie theater experience home via proprietary High-Definition measurement and DSP sound technology. Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for improved effects positioning and added depth. Imagine a helicopter descending from above and landing in front of you – you’ll actually hear this as the action unfolds on-screen.
Easy Setup and Use.
Optimizing home theater settings for your space using Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (D.C.A.C.) is a snap. Connect your gear, plug-in the supplied calibration microphone, and use the simplified remote to follow the on-screen prompts. Within a few short moments your receiver will be ready for action and all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy.
- MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) Front/Rear:1 Rear Input
- 4 Ohm/8 Ohm Switching:Yes (6 ohm)
- Advanced Auto Volume:Yes
- Night Mode:Yes
- Number of Amp channels:5 channels
- OP processing:Yes
- Speaker Impedance:6-16 Ohms
- Speaker Selector:A / Off
- Speaker Terminal:Screw
- Sub Woofer X' Over:17 points (40 - 200 Hz)
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven) THD:0.9%
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven) THD:1%
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven:145 W
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven:105 W + 105 W
- 6ohms, 20-20kHz, 2ch driven:90 W + 90 W / (0.09%)
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1):Yes/Yes
- DTS 96/24/ DTS Neo:6:Yes (DTS 96/24)
- DTS HD MA/ DTS HD HR:Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Digital:Yes/Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono:Yes
- Dolby Prologic/II /IIx /IIz:Yes (Prologic, Prologic II)
- Dolby TruHD/Dolby Digital +:Yes/Yes
- LPCM (2CH/5.1CH/7.1CH) thru HDMI:Yes/Yes
- A.F.D. Auto:Yes
- Analog Direct:Yes
- Hall (large hall):Yes
- Headphone 2ch:Yes
- Headphone Direct:Yes
- Jazz Club:Yes
- Live Concert:Yes
- Multi Stereo:Yes
- Neo:6 Cinema:Yes
- Neo:6 Music:Yes
- PLII Movie:Yes
- PLII Music:Yes
- PLIIx Movie:Yes
- Portable Audio Enhancer:Yes
- Pure Direct:Yes
- Sound Field Link:Yes
- Auto Tuning:Yes (OSD)
- Direct Tuning:Yes (OSD)
- Preset Channel (FM/AM):30 FM, 30 AM
- Station Name:Yes
- Auto Standby:Yes
- Digital Input Assign:Yes
- Display:10 digit dot matrix
- Pin Jack:Nickel
- Power Consumption:200 W
- Power Consumption (Power Stand By):0.3 W
- Power Requirement:120 V 60 Hz
- Sleep Timer:Yes (up to 2 hours)
- iPod Browsing with System (via USB):Yes (Music)
- Analog Audio In:4
- Optical In:2
- Headphone Out:Yes (Gold)
- USB:Yes (Front:iPhone/Walkman, supporting: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV192k, Flac 192k). (DC 5V, 1.0 A MAX)
- Front A (L/R):Yes
- Surround (L/R):Yes
- AV In: Including Front AV:2
- HDMI In:4
- Composite Video Out: Inc. Monitor Out:1
- HDMI Out:1
- A/V SYNC:Yes (Fixed)
- A/V Sync Sampling Frequency:48 kHz -------CONFIRM----------
- A/V Sync Time (msec):60 msec
- 3D over HDMI:Yes
- Audio Return Channel:Yes
- Audio Widget:Yes
- BRAVIA SYNC (CEC Control):Yes:
System Audio Control,
System Power Off
- HDMI video output capability:4K, 1080p, 1080/24p
Deep Color (up to 36 bit)
Triluminos Color (xvYCC)
- Power Off Pass Through:Yes
- Receiver Dimension (WxHxD inches):17 x 6 1/4 x 13 (430 x 156 x 329.4 mm)
- Receiver Weight (pound):16 lb 13 oz (7.6 kg)
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, BRAVIA, Theatre Sync, 24p True Cinema and Digital Cinema Sound are trademarks of Sony Corporation. PlayStation is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D are trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association. Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories. dts is a trademark of dts Inc. HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano, iTunes, AirPlay are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.. Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Top Customer Reviews
Be aware that you will have to connect it to a TV screen to perform many setup functions, like setting speaker levels, naming inputs or tuning in ANY radio stations. There are virtually NO instructions in the included manual. Also be informed that it draws over 20 watts while turned off (Sony calls it standby.) I have my entire basement system on a remote controlled outlet. With TV, sub and cable box it totaled 62 watts 24/7. Startup time is about a minute now. Still faster than the old tube days.
The only way to continue to watch your programming uninterrupted while enjoying 4k content (or while having your TV set to 4k) is to bypass the HDMI throughput and utilize a separate audio source, such as an optical cable. This limits the inputs available for the receiver to one, and forces you to use a second HDMI cable to you TV and change your tv input whenever you need to access the on screen menu of the receiver.
Understanding 4k content is currently limited, even while watching 720 or 1080 content, having the 4k option enabled still causes this issue to occur.
While other SONY receiver models face this same issue, they are able to to disable the OSD feature. Sadly, there is no option with this, and I see no option to update firmware, most likely meaning SONY has given up on customer support on this device. If anyone has a remedy for this that I have overlooked, please let me know and I'll upgrade this review.
First the Pros:
- Cheap, at $138.00 (on Black Friday sale), no other 5.2 channel amplifier is priced this low.
- Good power, the Sony outputs enough power to make my home theatre system sound impressively loud
- 2 sub woofer outputs; My system needs 2 subs to even out the bass and this works well. I did not have the issues of phase changes that I did with my last amp (Onkyo). Wired 180 degrees out of phase the 2 subs rock.
- has a global equalizer which I had to use to tame an overly harsh treble the does not originate from my speakers
Now the cons and the trade offs:
- The amp does not sound full or rich, it is as if a chunk of the mid range is muted or absent (regardless of changes to the global equalizer or crossover frequencies)
-Harsh treble (the soft dome tweeters on my speakers are rarely harsh)
- No networking whatsoever
- Loud clicks when starting up changing certain modes etc.
- Limited surround choices and the available ones are cryptic; No DTS Neo only Dolby (I have found that Neo sounds better than Dolby for music.
Surround is also limited the Auto HD (uncertain what it does) or Dolby Digital. Movies vary in which sounds better so I often switch between them.
- Turning on or off connected components always shuts on or off the amp (eg a connected LG TV) this means that the TV is always on even if I am just listening to music.
- Interference between my pioneer Blu-ray player and the ARC function; once the TV is playing with ARC enabled, having the Blu-ray player on caused lip sync issues until the player is turned off
- The connections (using bare wire) were troublesome due to how close they were to each other.
Overall the Amp is functional for basic use but is probably not the best choice for a fully integrated dream system
4 stars because the on-screen interface is absolutely horrible and makes using the radio tuner an absolute pain. You will enjoy this receiver as long as the only thing you use the controls for is to select an input and set the volume.
In terms of video, it handles my needs with ease. My system consists of a PS4, Roku stick, and an HD projector. You can set this to automatically detect and switch to inputs as they're powered on, but I like to manually set my input, which is a breeze thanks to its intuitive remote. All of this runs from the receiver to my projector--absolutely no issues. Sound and video are perfect IMO and I often get comments on how beautiful my system looks and sounds. At the heart of this is the Sony receiver. Highly recommended!