Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 [Download]
- Record and edit music and sound
- Produce audio with more than 30 built-in effects
- Transfer records and tapes to digital audio
- Clean up your sound and give it realism and sparkle
- Apply great-sounding professional effects
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Sound Forge Audio Studio has everything you need to record, edit, and process music and sound. Repair and restore audio, apply broadcast-quality effects, prepare files for upload, and convert formats with lightning speed. You can even create your own karaoke tracks with the Vocal Eraser tool
From the Manufacturer
Your home studio for audio production
Sound Forge Audio Studio has everything you need to edit and master professional-quality audio on your home computer. Record live instruments and vocals, sweeten and restore audio, apply studio-quality effects, and convert files with lightning speed. You can even create your own karaoke tracks with the Vocal Eraser tool. With a few simple steps, you can produce broadcast-quality audio on your PC.
Capture your performance
To record live audio, simply plug a microphone or instrument into your computer's sound card and click Record. Digitize rare vinyl LP records and tapes with the Vinyl Recording and Restoration tool, import audio from CDs, and work with audio files in a variety of popular formats including MP3, WMA, and FLAC.
24-bit/32-bit float/192 kHz support
Sound Forge Audio Studio software supports high-resolution 24-bit, 192 kHz files and sound cards for the ultimate in audio fidelity.
Powerful editing tools
Edit and energize your sound. Give your audio tracks presence and sparkle. Balance sound levels, trim unwanted sections, and synchronize audio with video. Assemble a podcast or a DJ set. Make your own loops to use with ACID Music Studio.
Enhanced vinyl recording and restoration tools
Digitize your rare vinyl LP records and tapes, and manage your personal audio archives easily with Sound Forge Audio Studio. The enhanced Vinyl Recording and Restoration tool steps you through the conversion process and even creates new files when it detects pauses. Adjust the start and end times of tracks, and fine-tune your master recordings before burning CDs or converting to MP3 and other popular formats.
Create your own karaoke tracks
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 software includes the Vocal Eraser plug-in. Easily remove vocals from most recordings, or isolate and extract vocal tracks from songs for remixing. The Vocal Eraser plug-in contains presets for various genres and vocal types.
New! Audio Enhancer plug-in
Tell your story any way you want. Edit video in nearly any format, including stereoscopic 3D. Stylize your movies with high-quality video effects, transitions, titles, and filters. Fix washed-out footage or make colors pop with color correction tools. Share your movies on Pixelcast™ without ever leaving the application! Invite your friends and family to upload their own movies and photos to collaborate on a fun and unique experience together. The choice is yours and, with Movie Studio Platinum, the possibilities are endless.
In addition to our Show Me How tutorials, Sound Forge Audio Studio now includes four in-depth videos* that provide step-by-step instructions for CD creation, audio mastering, vinyl restoration, and podcast creation.
*Available only in stand-alone purchases and upgrades to Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 software.
Share your creations
Author CDs in Sound Forge Audio Studio. Burn one track at a time, or choose disc-at-once and gain full control over the pauses between tracks. Quickly convert audio files to popular formats including MP3 and FLAC. Create all the right files for the Web and your favorite portable players.
Customize audio with effects
Customize your audio with more than 30 native signal and effects processing plug-ins, including compression, EQ, delay, chorus, reverb, and more. VST plug-in support expands the number of effects you can apply, significantly increasing your audio processing capabilities.
Extensive video support
Sound Forge Audio Studio makes it easy to synchronize audio with video for video scoring. Import popular video formats including Windows Media, QuickTime, and more.
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later), Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system
- 1 GHz processor
- 350 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 1 GB RAM
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on application disc)
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
Platform: PC Download | Edition: Studio
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. Create an account at Sony Creative if you don't already have one.
2. You should have an account at Magix from the trial download.
3. Log into your Sony Creative account and past the serial number in at the bottom of your registered software screen. There will be space for your unregistered software at the end of the list.
4. This shoots you to a totally blank screen at the Magix site.
5. Wait a minute or two.
6. Log into the Magix site and your new software should show up underneath the listing for your trial software. AND since this is an older version, it will also update you to the latest version of Magix Audio Studio Studio 10
7. This is the version you should download and install.
Okay - now comes the tricky part:
Once you install the software from Magix, you may get a looping serial number screen. Getting rid of this requires editing your registry. If you are a PC novice CALL MAGIX SUPPORT and let them help you.
If you are fairly secure digging in your Registry follow these instructions, but first a disclaimer. I take no responsibility if you don't know what you're doing with your Registry and wind up killing, maiming, or otherwise damaging your computer. You break it, it's your responsibility. If you're not sure, wait til the computer friend/child/acquaintance - and we all have one - comes by. Or pay someone to do it. Even I hesitate to mess with the Registry.
1. Click start button.
2. In the search space right above the start button type regedit.
3. You are looking for a file folder. Only look on the left hand side of Registry.
4. It is located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node> and then under either Sony Creative or Sony Software, you'll find a folder for Audio Studio then your version - 10. Under 10, and only on the left hand side will you see the folder LICENSE.
5. Double check it is listed under Audio Studio 10 and not under any other Sony Creative program.
6. Delete the folder LICENSE. (If you don't see it under 10, you're looking at the wrong side of the screen. Look left.)
7. Start your program and a new registration screen should appear.
8. Copy and paste your registration number and you're good to go.
Again, a warning. Messing with your Registry can cause your computer to fail. If you don't know what you're doing, register the software at Magix and let them walk you through it.
This is a good editing program for voice over and music editing. You can build in overlaps for cross fades, assemble live performances, overlay things like applause and otherixing operations.
The LP ingest and noise suppression works well to remove pops and clicks.
This is not a multichannel mixing program so don't slam it for not being one. I have been editing audio, recording live performances and tightening them up to make CD's of for 15 years. It has served me well.
For those of you who know DOS commands like control C and control V, you can edit audio fromultiple files to a clipboard/file of selected takes using those commands. You can also zoom in and drop markers and then select regions between markers to quickly and repeatedly select desired sections of audio.
Most recent customer reviews
Since I have installed it AND registered it, I have a beep added into every few second of recording!Read more
Your Sound Forge Audio Studio Trial has Expired
If you would like to continue using Sound Forge...Read more