|Item Weight||4.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.9 x 11.7 x 3.1 inches|
|Item model number||UBP-X800|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Number of Component Outputs||HDMI; Coaxial|
|Special Features||4K Native playback|
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (2017 Model)
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
- Stream in 4K HDR and play almost any disc or file format
- Hear every detail with Hi-Res Audio. Separate video and audio HDMI outputs
- Experience Dolby Atmos and DTS: X object-based surround
- In the box: Instruction Manual (Full manual / Web manual, English), Remote Control (RMT-VB310U), Batteries (Type AAA x 2), Customer Registration Card, Warranty Card (1 year)
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Versatile connectivity for all your hi-tech devices
Bring all your AV technology together and connect it to the UBP-X800. Ideal for home movies and music streaming services like Spotify, it has high-quality connections to suit any technophile.
Compare with similar items
Sony UBP-X700 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (2018 Model)
Sony BDPS6700 4K Upscaling 3D Streaming Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black)
Sony UBPX800 Streaming 4K Ultra HD 3D Hi-Res Audio Wi-Fi And Bluetooth Built-In Blu-ray Player With A 4K HDMI Cable And Remote Control- Black
Sony BDPS3700 Streaming Blu-Ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black)
Samsung UBD-M8500/ZA 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player
|Price||$248.00||$198.00||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$189.99||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||PHOTOTECH||Amazon.com||Video & Audio Center|
|Connectivity Technology||Built-in Wi-Fi||—||—||ethernet, wi-fi_built_in, bluetooth, wlan, hdmi, wireless||Built-in Wi-Fi||—|
|Built-In Media||Blu-ray||—||remote control, batteries, registration card, manual, warranty||—||remote, batteries, instruction manual, warranty card||—|
|Item Dimensions||11.65 x 18.89 x 3.15 in||12 x 15 x 4 in||11.5 x 10.83 x 2.76 in||—||10.9 x 13.7 x 2.6 in||9.06 x 15.98 x 1.76 in|
|Item Weight||4.2 lbs||—||3.1 lbs||—||2.6 lbs||4.19 lbs|
Come home to a more immersive experience with 4K HDR playback and the amazing realism of Dolby Atmos surround sound, plus the incredible detail of Hi-Res Audio. Built for optimum video and audio performance, this universal UHD player plays almost any format, including 4K HDR streaming, and even streams music to different rooms.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The reviews on this unit looked good, and they are offering a couple of freebie 4K discs as a bonus.
So far I'm impressed. This thing is metal and feels like a quality unit unlike plastic disc players I've had before. It sleek and minimal. There's not even an LCD display on it.
The interface is basic (no eye candy) but it's simple and fast. I like it.
* Build quality (feels like a high end player)
* Sleek, minimal, understated physical design
* Excellent scaling so 1080P Blu-rays look great (set to output 4K so the player does the scaling; I use the "Auto2" setting for '4K Upscale Setting' in 'Screen Settings' which outputs 4K video for everything when connected to a 4K compatible TV)
* Supports 3D Blu-rays (as well as UHD BD discs, regular 2D Blu-rays, SACD, DVD, DVD-Audio and CD)
* Has a 2nd HDMI port for audio only so you can connect it to a receiver (like one that doesn't support 4K)
* Includes a wired Ethernet/LAN port (as well as built-in WiFi)
* Includes Bluetooth so you can listen with Bluetooth headphones
* Decent paper/printed manual
* Small but functional remote
* Netflix starts very quickly
* 2x free 4K movie discs when you register the player and get a coupon (must do this before this offer expires)
* I had trouble manually checking for an update. It kept saying that it could not 'communicate with server'. I checked my firmware version on the Internet and it looks like I already have the latest version. This is like the only 'significant' issue I've had with the player. UPDATE: This must be a bug because it works with a wireless network but not a wired network.
* No Dolby Vision (DV) support
* No HDR support in Amazon app (but does support 4K) (the Netflix app does support 4K & HDR)
* UPDATE 2017-08-12: Twice now it has frozen while watching 2 different 1080P Blu-rays
* I could not get a bitstream/Atmos audio feed to my receiver until I turned off the "BD Audio MIX Setting" in the Audio Settings
* No display on front; just a small green LED that isn't annoyingly bright (use the 'DISPLAY' button on the remote for a nice on-screen display)
* No analog outputs
* Made in Malaysia
* No optical digital out (instead it's coaxial)
* No cables included (no HDMI cable so you'll need a "Premium High Speed" or "High Speed" HDMI cable that supports 18 Gbps bandwidth). I recommend Monoprice 115428 Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, 6ft
Minus 1/2 a star for the annoying 'Update via Internet' problem that causes it to fail with a wired connection.
UPDATE 2017-08-12: I'm dropping it to 4 stars because it has froze twice now while watching 1080P Blu-rays. I'm returning the player and going to try another unit hoping that I just got a bad one.
UPDATE 2017-08-23: I bought another unit (sold as model UBP-X80) from a store that shall remain nameless except to say that the name starts with "C" and ends with "ostco". So far this unit has been performing without issue and even updates over a wired connection (unlike my first unit). This model comes with an HDMI cable, has a better return policy, sells for less $$$, and you still get a coupon for 2 free 4K discs when you register it (out of a limited selection). If this unit continues to perform well then I'll up my rating back to 5 stars and assume that my first unit was just a bad one.
UPDATE 2017-09-02: The new unit has been working very well. No freezes. My first unit was probably defective so I'm raising my review back up to 4.5 stars and rounding to 5. Unfortunately I just tried checking for updates again with a wired connection and had the same could not 'communicate with server' problem. Not sure what is going on here so that's why I'm staying at 4.5 stars instead of 5.
UPDATE 2017-10-11: My new unit continues to work better than my old one (no freezes and reboots) but there are bugs playing content back, especially Netflix when it tries to do a Dolby Digital+ soundtrack... some very strange things can happen if you try to go back 10 seconds. I'm knocking my rating down to 4 stars. It's a good player (if you don't need/want Dolby Visions) but they need to get more of the bugs out and add HDR in the Amazon app.
I'm on my second UBP-X800 player, and things don't look any better the second time around. First thing is first: when the player functions as intended, the picture quality is phenomenal! Truly amazing! The images are crisp, action sequences are smooth, and the colors are vivid and vibrant! However, this thing freezes up CONSTANTLY!
Player #1: Easy set up, everything loads very quickly, and the control is noticeably heavy, in a good way. We enjoyed this player issue-free for about two weeks, when it started to randomly shut down. The screen would go black, a Sony image would come on, and then it would just shut off. After making sure I had the latest software and performing a hard reset, I contacted Sony and they were no help. They simply told me to do the same thing. So the problem continued, and then I contacted Sony again, at which point they informed me I'd have to go through their warranty services division. Then out of nowhere, the picture become distorted. So back this player went.
Player #2: Same easy set-up, same gorgeous picture. However, within 1 week, the player would freeze up when watching Netflix using the auto-play feature. For example, an episode would end, and the countdown to the next episode would begin. But just as the countdown hit the 1 second mark, it freezes up. The only remedy is to do a hard reset (unplug, wait, plug back in.) This is beginning to happen more frequently, and is very frustrating.
Considering our entire A/V set-up is Sony, and we've had terrible experiences with Samsung blu-ray players, our choices are very limited in seeking out a 4k Blu-ray player. At this point, it would seem we have to keep returning and purchasing a new one until Sony can get their act together.
Therefore, unless you absolutely ~must~ have a 4k blu ray player (we've invested pretty heavily in 4k movies at this point), then I would hold off on this purchase until improvements have been made.