Sony Xperia J ST26a Unlocked Android Phone-U.S. Warranty (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- WALKMAN app features a manual equalizer, surround sound and a dynamic and intuitive user interface
- Large and bright 4-inch scratch-resistant TFT touchscreen.
- Connect the phone to a TV or Tablet via Wi-Fi and DLNA
- More control over your media
- Easy connectivity
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
An eye-catching combination of stylish design with stand-out screen size and clarity
Xperia J’s smart illuminations give you a heads-up. The light notifies you of incoming messages, Facebook updates and more, making it easy to stay in touch in style. Prefer to say it face-to-face? Use the front facing camera for a video chat
For your listening pleasure
Found the right track? The “WALKMAN” app keeps you in touch with your music. Just plug in your earphones and listen in soul shaking clarity. Or wireless connect to Bluetooth speakers and crank it up with xLOUD loudness enhancement to become your personal DJ.
Get the bigger picture
Watch the world, big and bright on the large 4.0 inch screen. Or watch your favorite films on the “Movies” app and enjoy the drama that matches your mood. Got an audience? Connect the Xperia J to your TV or Tablet via Wi-Fi and DLNA and share the bigger picture with your family and friends.
Shoot it sharp
Catch that look of joy with the 5 MP camera or shoot sharp action videos, then post everything on Facebook with just a click. View every detail of your favorite photos and videos in the “Album” app, and store your stills and videos on PlayMemories Online*, the easy, instant way to access your content from any device.*PlayMemories Online is downloadable via Google Play and may not available in every market.
Content and services
Owning an Xperia™ smartphone has never been so much fun. Open up a world of entertainment and grab your all-access pass to the hottest titles and latest tunes a single Sony Entertainment Network Account*.*Sony Entertainment Network with Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited is available in select markets. Music Unlimited is a subscription service. Please refer to Terms of Service for details of fees. Music Unlimited is not available in every market.
Store more with 50GB Cloud Storage from Box.com
With 50GB of free cloud storage from Box, access your music, videos, photos and more from your Xperia smartphone, computer or tablet. Just download the Box for Android app to claim your free storage space.*50gb storage offer applies to new accounts created before December 31, 2013. Requires the download of the Box for Android app and direct log on from your Xperia smartphone.
This phone is not locked to any specific carrier and comes unlocked by the manufacturer. It can be used with a GSM network service provider of your choice. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card from your selected service provider. This phone is compatible with cellular networks that support GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and HSPA Bands 850/1900/2100. In areas not served by a 3G data network, you'll continue to receive 2G data service (depending on network compatibility). The downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
This phone comes with a limited 1-yr manufacturer's warranty in the U.S. with original purchase.
For more information on the product, see the “Important Information” guide included with the phone.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Very beautiful phone, striking resemblance to the Xperia T the Bond Phone. You will fall in love with it as soon as you see it.
2. 4-in display with decent ppi, matches the Retina display of ipod Touch 5. I don't really mind that but this can be important to others.
3. 1750mAh battery produces one of the most impressive battery performance in the Xperia family: I messed around with updating and downloading apps for the whole night and the battery level only dropped by 18%. Drops about 2% with WIFI and data off during the night.
4. Upgradable to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.(But the upgrade comes WITHOUT the battery stamina mode as seen on Xperia Z, which is basically why I would ever bother checking for this upgrade.)
5. Camera takes decent pictures with 5-megapixels. Lots of options available. Adjusting exposure level, among others, is the most helpful.
1. User interface experiences lags from time to time, i.e. when swiping through home panels, which from my perspective can be tolerated given its almost pathetic chipset.
2. When I tried to open and work on two webpages at the same time, specifically Google translate and Wiktionary as I'm learning a new language, the phone was slow to response. It took a good while to reach google translate, and it became a hellish journey trying to open a new tab and reach Wiktionary. This is the deal breaker. I did make sure to use ES task manager to close unnecessary background processes. I won't consider other browsers as integration of Google products is the only reason I can even bear the Android system.
3. Back cover is a little bit hard to lift up.
4. Wifi is rather slow: it took ages to download a 20MB Chrome update. While all the rest of my wifi-enabled devices can do much better than that at the same position.
5. Awkward placement of the power button: near the very top on the right-hand side above the volume rocker. Certainly takes time to get used to.
I thought as a very light user it may be possible to get away with its poor chipset, but I was wrong. Too bad I have to return it, it is an absolute beauty. If Sony puts Xperia P level hardware in the J I would even be willing to pay $300 for such a phone.
5 stars for the design; 2 stars off for the disappointing hardware performance.
Note: I'm a user who uses the phone primarily for occasional IM chatting and web browsing during free times(about two hours a day altogether). The qualities I value the most are good battery performance, fluid UI, and fast internet browsing. To conserve battery and ensure a good performance I removed all the home panel widgets except for the connectivity control, the clock, and 3 or 4 shortcuts for apps.
The display is large and crisp, and very responsive and the wi-fi works pretty well. Transfer speeds were pretty good. I upgraded the phone to 4.1.2 Jellybean through my wi-fi, the install files downloaded in almost 3 minutes (128mb file). I had to wait a while for the OS to install, but it was smooth, and works great.
The camera could have been better, but has simple to use features and the exposure can be adjusted to compensate for low light levels. Internal memory will fill up pretty fast when installing apps, and I would suggest the use of apps such as Easy Uninstaller, app2SD and Advanced Task Manager to help move, stop or uninstall files easily. Sound quality from the phone speakers are decent, but sucks through most of the headphones I tried and some video files even when converted by the software provided didn't play, I had to use QQ player to play them. The radio doesn't work very well where I am (Trinidad).
The phone is very customizable if you know your way around a Sony xperia and it does perform tasks well. Calls work fine, sound quality on calls are excellent. For the price, I think it's worth a look as a budget Xperia phone.
An update, it just suddenly started rebooting as it starts up, and won't stop no matter what I try. I am extremely disappointed, since it was working great for a while there. Will be returning this phone to Amazon.