Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on December 6, 2013
The Sony Action Cam only comes with a fixed adhesive mount. Mounting the fixed adhesive mount onto my ski helmet was a challenge because I had to decide on a place on the helmet to mount the camera so it would be pointing in the correct horizontal view. After I mounted the camera it ended up pointing too low. I ordered this so I can remount the camera and have the flexibility of pointing the camera at the right height. I got the product today and it looks like it will do the trick. Nice quality product.

This mount is awesome!

The bottom of the mount is like the bottom of the Sony clear case so you would mount the yellow clip came with the camera to the base of the mount. You then mount the camera on top of the mount and it has a thumb knob to tighten the camera on to the mount.

This is a must have if you are planning to mount your Sony Action Cam onto your helmet. Don't try to mount the camera onto your helmet using the fixed adhesive mount, you will regret it, buy this mount and you'll be much happier.

I will update with more info after I remount my camera using this product.
on April 7, 2015
I don't know why I need to review this. It is what it is. Let the picture speak for itself :)
review image
on July 6, 2015
This is one of the more useful mounts for sony's action cams. I use this with a hdr-100 mounted on top of my helmet. It gives you the freedom to point your camera in about four different positions. It moves in one axis. It can be pointed down and all the way up at its maximum. It also locks into place, there is a button on the side that you need to depress in order to change the angle of the mount. It is very stable and works perfectly for my mountain biking.
on June 30, 2015
This is necessary for mounting your POV camera on helmets that do not have the ideal location for the mount. However it is not completely adjustable as it 'clicks' into discrete angle positions, probably 15 degrees apart. So you cannot make fine adjustments. It is also prone to accidentally changing the angle. But it is much lighter and compact than using a small ball joint mount.
on April 20, 2014
Sony VCT-TA1 Camera Angle Mount for Sony Action Cam

Used with the HDR-AS15 in it's waterproof camera, however purchased the new HDR-AS100VR and will plan to use it with the new action cam.

Original used to help adjust the pitch of the camera on my helmet mount and VCT-GM1, however felt the weight on the VCT-GM1 was awkward and the fact that it looked really awkward with it on my helmet mount with addition to the Action Cam.

Will be using with a flat adhesive mount on my snowboard and pitch it upwards or whenever I need to adjust the pitch while using it with the mount.
on April 23, 2017
works well
on June 28, 2016
This angle mount is a must have accessory if you shoot a lot with small action cameras such as the GoPro. This is my second one. I do a lot of kayak fishing and I use this to change the angles on my camera with the push of the side button. The underside has a 1/4-20 thread for tripods, selfie sticks etc.
on December 26, 2014
This is a good mount for the Sony Action Cam. I purchased this for use with the Mountainsmith Trekker FX 7075 Pole (http://www.amazon.com/Mountainsmith-Trekker-Trekking-Poles-Black/dp/B00EWNJ174/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419651354&sr=8-5&keywords=mountainsmith+trekking+poles) and together they worked as a perfect combo for capturing action video when hiking. This gets 4 stars from me because it's essentially an expensive piece of plastic.
on March 9, 2013
One of the uses of my Sony ActionCam is as a dashboard camera, but with it was very low, and too much dashboard was appearing. This mount solved my problem! It is very useful, although a few more smaller tilt-angles would be nicer.

Very happy with the mount, and with DataVision's service. It arrived before the estimated date, and it was exactly as described. No issues at all.
on January 11, 2014
I use this as dashcam mount. There are some of information not in the instruction:
- there is a smooth raised rubber ring (about 1mm) around the screw for gripping the camera base
- the VHS/anti-slip pin is spring loaded. This can be used to mount any other devices which does not have a hole to handle the VHS pin. I occasionally use this for my Zoom H1 voice recorder.