Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony VGC99AM Grip for Alpha SLTA199V (Black)" and save 50% off the $379.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony VGC99AM Grip for Alpha SLTA199V (Black)
|Price:||$378.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dedicated vertical grip when shooting vertically
- Use up to three batteries to triple the battery performance
- Replace batteries in grip without powering off the camera
- Remaining battery power displayed camera's LCD monitor
- Dust and moisture resistant design
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||6.2 x 3.5 x 4.67 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
- 2 extra batteries
- Buttons function just like they do on the body
- On/Off toggle for preserving battery life/preventing random button clicks
- Sturdy, made of good materials
- No image preview button on the grip
- MF/AF button feels a little high up, and I have big hands.
- Price. Try and get used if possible.
I recently shot an all day event and had power to spare at the end of the day. It's kind of expensive but if you shoot 100s of pictures you will need it and you will be glad you bought one.
I don't think I would buy this again, the only thing I really like about it is 2 extra battery capacity, but it is quick enough to change batteries when the action slows down. Otherwise it makes the camera too un-wieldy, even on a black rapid strap. The camera bangs into everything and it is clumsy to use. The only other reason I would look at this grip is if you shoot in portrait orientation for long periods of time, or if you just want to use your camera as a club.
+ Excellent ergonomics
+ The option to turn the battery grip buttons on/off while still getting juice to the camera either way
+ The camera's rubber connector cover flips into the grip rather than simply popping off (and subsequently getting lost)
- The price is very high for what it is - a battery grip
- A built-in wi-fi transmitter would have made this a home-run
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good, don't have to remove battery from body so now there are three batteries.Published 8 months ago by G. Brown
This is one of the best battery grips for any camera. I love that you can load 2 batteries and replace without having to shut off the camera. Read morePublished 12 months ago by JJ Sereday
Excellent edition to the camera! I am glad I purchased this. I have owned now three sony alpha cameras in the past 4-5 years and I finally decided to knuckle down and buy this more... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Dr. Paul Charles Peterson
Being an original product from Sony, you expect top quality and design. In this case, I'm little disappointed. Read morePublished on April 12, 2014 by Bernardo Salazar
This is a must for any serious Photographer. It dose ad weight to the camera, but that is out shined by having all the buttons in portrait Position. Read morePublished on February 27, 2014 by Raymond Monk