|Screen Size||13.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|Processor||2.3 GHz Core i5-2410M|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Sony VAIO VPC-Z212GX/B 13.1-Inch Laptop (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I would definitely not recommend any Sony product with "custom" hardware that does not allow regular driver updates from the manufacturers.
Small and Light and really fast
Better Screen then Macbook Airs
All the ports you need
PMD for gaming
Small HD (out of the box only 60ish GB free, use mem cards for storage to help this)
Extremely happy with this Laptop, would have given a 5/5 if not for the HD thing.
* Gorgeous 1600x900 screen, very bright and crisp.
* Full-voltage, Sandy Bridge i5 processor.
* Excellent battery life, ~4.5 hours with heavy use.
* Only 2.5 pounds!!!
* Dimmable backlit keyboard
* Full size Ethernet, HDMI & VGA ports.
* Boots up in under 20 seconds, programs open instantaneously.
* Speedy 64GB Samsung SSDs in RAID0. Although these drives are only Sata II (3 Gbit/s) this RAID setup is very fast. A 50MB CrystalDiskMark bench delivered 576 MB/s reads and 322 MB/s writes.
* Speakers are a joke, the laptop sounds like an old alarm clock. Sony includes a pair of noise cancelling earbuds to address this problem, but I'm surprised they put such horrible speakers in their high end laptops.
* Fingerprint magnet
* Small trackpad. Sometimes misses multi-touch gestures.
* Keyboard travel a little shallow
* Major bloatware! 116 processes and 46% of RAM running out of the box. I disabled all Sony and unnecessary programs/services from starting and I'm down to 67 processes and 29% RAM after booting into Windows.
Windows Experience Index
Gaming graphics 6.2
Primary hard disk 7.8
I've had the laptop for three months and I'm very happy with it. I considered the Samsung Series 9, ...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have purchased two of this laptop in 2012 (one for company work and the other for personal work). I had technical problems with both, under warranty, and both problems were... Read morePublished on September 30, 2013 by Fernando G. Santoro
The laptop is everything it's advertised to be.
FULL 1080 HD SCREEN!
My configuration (default processor and 4gigs RAM) scores a 5. Read more
I have been buying Sony Z Series Laptops for almost 5 years for my company. These are high end laptops usually greater than $1500 and depending on configuration beyond $2000. Read morePublished on January 30, 2012 by Kush R. Wadhwa
I purchased this computer two years ago. The first machine would spontaneously reboot every 2-3 weeks. The first onsite repair left the machine unable to start. Read morePublished on December 23, 2011 by christoph nielson
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.