|Screen Size||16.4 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||2.2 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||6 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||640 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M|
|Chipset Brand||Intel, NVIDIA|
|Wireless Type||802.11 B/G, 802.11bgn, 802.11B|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||4.5 hours|
Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF237FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
After looking for a few weeks I settled on this Sony and I am glad that I did. I chose the 16.4-inch screen only because I find the 17-inchers to be too big and hard to fit into my existing bags and cases. The quad-core Intel Core i7 processor blows through my various photographic programs like crazy. In addition to Photo Shop I also use Photomatrix Pro 4. With my previous laptop (which two years ago I paid more for it than I just did for this one) it seems to take forever to merge files. With this computer I am amazed at how quickly it converts the multiple files into one image. The same goes with my video editing software, which I expected.Read more ›
What is excellent is the video quality: both streaming and BlueRay. I love the touch of the chicklet keyboard and the fact that it is backlit. (I write several hours a day). Heat is no issue and fan noise is remarkably quiet--especially compared to my ASUS G50V that it replaces. I do large database runs and I'm amazed at the I-7 processor. Not a heavy gamer, but based upon my database and video quality experience I would expect excellent performance.
When SONY gets something right, I think they have excellent products.
- Screen. I'd suggest turning off the auto-adjust for brightness, but that's just me. The screen and colors are magnificent. 1080p is a wonder since stepping up from a 13" that had a maximum resolution of 1366x720 (or somewhere around that). Don't forget to take the screen protector off (I didn't realize it was on until two weeks later).
- Specs. For the price, I'd say the specs are overall a good value.
- Laptop. I like it! The backlit is an added plus but the keys seem to work well. It does take some getting used to if you've been using a keyboard with some keys interchanged. (For me, the Leonvo I used to have had the Ctrl and Function keys interchanged.
- Heat. I do use a cooling pad so I'm sure that mitigates a lot of the heat but even with I play World of Warcraft, my wrists rarely feel too warm for comfort.
- Graphics card. On the lower end for a laptop of this size and with the other specs it does have. I would've liked a few steps up (not going to research other versions but you get the idea).
- Bloatware. You can, of course, delete most of it. It comes with the territory, of course.
Overall, this is a great desktop replacement. People complaining about the fan noise either didn't realize they were buying a desktop replacement or are oblivious to the fact that for a laptop to be a desktop replacement, it may have to make noise to keep things cool. I'm happy with the purchase. It's a laptop that should meet or exceeds my needs for at least two years.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
AS is very difficult. I spend a lot of money to keep this computer. I would never use online seller again.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best Laptop for Windows 7HP. The Hard Drive bay is a + and easy for changing the rotary HDD with SSD. The RAM can hold up to 16 GB 1600mhz what is GOOD +. Read morePublished on March 5, 2013 by miloshar
hello guys ,
I just received the Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF237FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black)and it was fast and clean boxing .... Read more
I saw many laptops include Apple and Dell. They are all more than $2000. But the picture of Sony F laptop is sooo sharp and make me shock! Read morePublished on January 3, 2012 by peter
i bought this notebook for the blu ray burner but it should not be classified as a notebook, at least with the large heavy power supply. Read morePublished on December 25, 2011 by geneo
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.