Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 [Old Version]
- Edit and produce movies with special effects and transitions
- Create DVDs and Blu-ray Disc media with custom menus and graphics
- Share movies on PSP, iPod, iPhone, online, and more
- Follow along with Show Me How tutorials and learn as you go
- Includes 360 exclusive music soundtracks
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition software has everything needed to produce spectacular HD movies. Powerful tools for video compositing, color correction, and surround sound mixing help you get feature-film results in your home studio. To share, upload movies to YouTube, burn to Blu-ray Disc, or author DVDs with custom menus and graphics.
Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition software has everything needed to produce spectacular HD movies. You can edit video in nearly any format including HDV and AVCHD. Included are innovative stereoscopic 3D tools, powerful features for video compositing, color correction, and soundtrack creation for feature-film results in your home studio. Use the surround sound mixing tools to create 5.1 soundtracks. Choose from hundreds of professional 2D and 3D video effects, titles, and filters. Upload movies to YouTube, burn to Blu-ray Disc, or author DVDs using beautifully designed themes or create custom menus and graphics. Exclusive Sony Show Me How interactive tutorials help you get started fast.
- New! Stereoscopic 3D Editing: Creating stereoscopic 3D projects is as easy as working with 2D media. With innovative new tools, Vegas Pro 10 provides the ability to import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media in various formats. Delivery formats include single or dual files including side-by-side, top/bottom, or line alternate as well as traditional anaglyphic encoding.
- New! Enhanced Video Plug-In Architecture: The new video effects plug-in architecture, based on the Open Effects Association platform, provides updated and enhanced technology that enables third-party plug-in developers to develop advanced video effect plug-ins more easily and rapidly. Additional plug-ins offer Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 users hundreds of new effect and special techniques for creating professional-level projects.
- New! Audio Event FX: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 allows editors to assign audio effects at the master output, bus level, track level, and now the event level for greater flexibility when working with multitrack projects.
- New! Added support for 24p, 50p and 60p file formats: Users now have a solution for editing 24p, 50p or 60p files.
- New! Improved QuickTime AVC Decode: Editors using popular DSLRs that record to QuickTime AVC gain significant improvement in playback performance.
- New! Titles & Text Plug-in: This new tool allows users to spice up their text with animations and fun effects. With an intuitive and practical interface, it is easy to use and understand.
- New! Transport Controls for Trimmer and Video Preview: Transport Controls provide more intuitive and immediate command over editing, as well as improve the overall workflow, productivity, and editing experience.
- New! Improved New Project, Render As, and Make Movie Dialog Boxes: These new and improved dialog boxes make it easier for users of any skill level to create new projects, export completed projects, or burn existing projects to a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc.
- Standard or high definition: Edit video in nearly any format including HDV and Sony AVCHD video. You can even work simultaneously with standard-definition and high-definition video and the same project.
- Create stunning HD movies: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software has everything you need to produce movies in spectacular high definition. Editing HD is simple; just drop your clips on the timeline and go to work. Its high-performance engine is beyond fast--see your changes happen in real time. When you're done, export your movie in a variety of HD formats for easy sharing.
- Zplane elastique timestretching: With elastique Pro technology, you can perform dramatic time stretches and pitch-shifts while retaining maximum sound quality.
- New Project and Make Movie wizards: The New Project wizard provides a simple approach to ensuring new projects are created correctly from the start. The new Make Movie wizard eliminates the guesswork for delivery and provides optimized for Web, DVD, e-mail, or for publishing movies to YouTube.
- Image Stabilization: Use image stabilization technology to reduce jitter and shaky video footage. Users with shaky video footage, commonly shot from handheld camcorders and inexpensive portable pocket devices, have the ability to quickly salvage this media using several optimized presets.
- Slideshow Creator: This new feature provides users with the ability to quickly create a dynamic slideshow from a set of images with a few simple clicks. It is designed to be simple, easy to use, and can quickly create pan/zoom effects and transitions across a collection of still images.
- Device Explorer: Use the new Device Explorer window to quickly browse the contents of AVCHD, Hard Disk and Memory Stick devices. Users can quickly view media on the device and import the files natively into the software, maximizing workflow speed by only importing the files they need without conversion.
- Secondary Color Corrector: The Secondary Color Corrector tool provides users with a detailed toolset for adjusting differences in video shot with different camera setups or lighting situations; enhance dull, washed-out footage; or make specific color ranges stand out.
- White Balance: White Balance provides users with the ability to quickly make video look great when originally shot with poor white levels. Users can use the eyedropper tool adjust the white levels within a video clip and the entire clip is automatically color adjusted.
- Burn DVD from timeline: User can burn a DVD directly from the timeline. This is a fast method to create a single movie DVD and provides an alternate distribution option in addition to Blu-ray Discs and traditional file-based hard disk and streaming media formats.
- Burn Blu-ray Disc from timeline: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 software provides functionality to burn a single-title Blu-ray Disc directly from the timeline. These discs are burned in BDMV format to BD-R, BD-RE, and DVD recordable media. Projects can be encoded as either MPEG-2 or AVC utilizing Dolby or PCM audio in stereo or 5.1 modes. Blu-ray Discs provide an alternative to streaming and file-based distribution for high-definition content. Beyond support for 25GB and 50GB Blu-ray Discs, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 supports burning BDMV on 4.7GB and 8.5GB standard DVD media, providing a low-cost opportunity for users to distribute high-definition content with traditional DVD burners and media
- Upload movies to YouTube: Users can easily upload movies directly to YouTube for online sharing. The Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 publishing feature uses a high-quality encoding process for optimal YouTube quality.
- 360 exclusive music soundtracks: This professionally developed collection of royalty-free production music provides the perfect accent to your project.
- Enhanced Sony AVCHD support: New functionality includes importing files directly from Sony AVCHD camcorders and most other brands. In addition, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 supports editing all types of AVCHD camcorder files, including files from the latest generation of 1920 x1080 AVCHD camcorders. Support for 1920 x 1080 ensures that the footage from the latest 1920 cameras can be edited natively on the timeline.
- Improved native HDV .m2t playback: Improved memory and playback performance allows users to edit HDV footage natively without the time-consuming process of converting to an intermediate file type such as Cineform. Smart rendering provides faster encoding for cuts-only projects or projects with minimal changes while providing less generation loss because video frames pass through the engine unaltered.
- Surround sound mixing and encoding: Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder including Sony DVD and AVCHD Handycam models. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes without leaving the software using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software.
- Enhance video and audio: Advanced color-correction tools enhance washed-out footage, make specific colors stand out, and balance differences in video due to camera setup or lighting.
- Add professional effects: Enhance your video with hundreds of professional 2D and 3D video effects, titles, and filter. Customize your soundtrack with over 20 real-time DirectX audio effects.
- Create Hollywood-style DVDs: It's easy to produce your own professional-quality DVDs with multiple motion menus, buttons, and music beds. Includes 56 themes to get you started. Add your own behind-the-scenes features, director's cuts, outtakes, bloopers, and more.
- Support for FLAC and LPEC files: The FLAC audio format is perfect for archiving and sharing audio at high quality without consuming large amounts of storage space. Users with supported portable digital voice recorders can import LPEC files and edit the audio directly on the Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 timeline.
- ATRAC .aa3 format support: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 software includes ATRAC (.aa3) and ATRAC lossless format editing and encoding, surround encoding and decoding support, and the ability to encode up to 512 Kbps, 48 kHz. This feature allows users of Sony devices including MP3 players, NET-MD players, and HI-MD players can natively edit and export ATRAC formats without needing another conversion tool.
- Insert I-frames at markers: The MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder supports I-Frame insertion at timeline markers. (I-Frames are a representation of a complete frame that following frames are derived; more I-frames means a larger file) By providing I-Frames at timeline markers, a rendered file has precise chapter and navigation point placement for DVD Architect Studio software.
- Envelope brush paint tool: Track envelopes such as audio volume and pan, and video composite levels are customized via points over time. The envelope brush tool provides user with the ability to paint an envelope curve over time by holding down the shift key. This provides a quick way to outline the general shape of the envelope without placing and modifying many distinct points. The auto-thinning feature provides a mathematical approximation of the drawn curve with as few points as possible. The resulting points can be further optimized independently.
- Single-monitor full-screen preview: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 enhances the preview experience by providing functionality to view the timeline on both the Preview window and an external device (or secondary display) simultaneously. Additional Preview window enhancements included new scaling options and auto-fit to maximize the preview experience with available window space. Simultaneous preview provides editors with the ability to setup a large scale viewing environment while preserving the editor's on-screen editing environment. In particular, laptop systems can easily switch between editing and full-screen preview modes.
- View media marker names in events: Media used in the timeline may contain markers. This product can enable the display of these media markers directly on the timeline event. Individual media will have individual markers. By displaying the individual media markers on the explicit media event and editor can quickly focus on key points of interest with out cluttering the entire timeline workspace.
- Multithreaded audio engine: The multithreaded audio engine is an optimized system that takes advantage of new multicore and hyperthreading computer systems to fully utilize available hardware resources. By leveraging the full capabilities of the hardware and reducing direct CPU load, users will benefit from a greater number of tracks and audio/video effects for real-time preview, improved performance at lower latencies, and faster audio render times.
- Gracenote MusicID: The Gracenote MusicID media recognition service can be used when ripping content from CDs. Users can automatically view information about a CD track including, title, artist, and song name, and can also submit data.
What's in the Box
Application DVD includes Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 software, DVD Architect Studio 5.0 software, 360 Music Soundtracks, 56 DVD themes, Deluxe Paper 3D Glasses, Free Online Help, Serialized Insert Guide, Sony Creative Software Product Brochure
Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Features
- New! Transport Control support for Trimmer and Preview Window
- New! Horizontal Window Docking
- Microsoft Windows 7 certified
- Streamlined New Project creation wizard
- Darker color palette
- Customizable windows layouts
- Device Explorer Window
- Slideshow Creator
- Save As dialog with Copy media with project check box
- Media Generator Match Event Length
- Keyboard modifiers
- Time Selection Envelope editing
- Automatically crop still images
- 360 exclusive music soundtracks
- Improved native HDV .m2t playback performance and improved memory handling for HDV long form projects
- Sony AVCHD enhancements
- Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline.
- Display of media marker names in events.
- Color-coded visual snap indicator and the ability to snap to event edges on other tracks
- Multitrack video and audio editing
- Real-time editing of parameters during playback
- Support for any aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9, etc)
- Supports multiple file formats and frame rates
- High-definition editing and output
- Simple drag-and-drop operations
- Built-in Show Me How interactive tutorials
- Explorer view
- Project media bins
- Track markers and regions
- Unlimited undo/redo
- New! Event level audio effect assignment
- Up to 10 audio tracks
- Zplane elastique audio timestretching and pitch shifting
- Place audio without quantizing to frame boundaries
- Improved Audio Waveform drawing
- Multithreaded audio engine maximizes performance
- Gracenote MusicID CD album identification
- Basic surround support
- Support for multichannel (5.1) source files for Sony HDV Handycam camcorders
- 16-bit, 44.1 kHz song quality for exceptional performance
- Volume and pan envelopes
- Audio time stretching
- Event normalization
- CD audio extraction
- New! Stereoscopic 3D editing
- New! Added support for 24p, 50p and 60p projects
- New! Enhanced Video Plug-in architecture
- New! Added support for MVC and MPO file formats
- New! Single-Display 3D Support
- Up to 10 video tracks
- Image stabilization
- White Balance video plug-in
- Secondary Color Corrector plug-in
- Subclips in the Trimmer window
- Automatic Video Preview playback optimization
- Adjust source media to automatically match project or render settings
- Gradient Wipe transition
- Full-screen preview to a primary and secondary Windows display
- Real-time playback of effects, processes and transitions to external monitor
- Color-correction tools
- MPEG-1&2 support
- Superior frame rate conversions
- Credit rolls and text animation
- Over 400 video effects and transitions
- External monitor preview
- Ripple editing across tracks
- New! Improved Quicktime AVC decode
- New! Improved Render and Make Movie Dialogs
- New! Publish to Pixelcast
- New! File format and template updates
- New! OpenCL AVC Encode through OrangeFrost
- New! Upload 3D projects to YouTube 3D
- Integrated DVD burning from the timeline
- Render As dialog templates display templates matching the project with a “=” symbol
- Custom render template creation
- Improved support for AVC/AAC (MPEG-4) video
- Support for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering using the Sony AVC plug-in
- Burn to Blu-ray Disc from timeline
- Integrated upload to YouTube
- Import and export support for FLAC files
- Import support for LPEC files
- Import support for MJPEG-encoded AVI files
- Sony AVCHD import and edit support
- Import and export ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless files
- Insert I-frames at marker positions when rendering MPEG-2 (works in conjunction with I-frame viewer in DVD Architect Studio 5.0)
- Gracenote MusicID CD album identification
- AC3 stereo and 5.1 encoding
- MainConcept AVC/AAC, read/write (templates only) iPod format
- PSP (PlayStationPortable) integration
- Sony AVC/AAC (templates only)
DVD Architect Studio 5.0 Features
- Microsoft Windows 7 certified
- Burning to Blu-ray Disc
- Enhanced window layout management -- save, recall, and share custom window layouts.
- Built-in Show Me How interactive tutorials
- End actions for menus and media
- Project overview window
- Customizable user interface
- DVD theme export
- Project playlists
- Smart reprepare
DVD design and authoring
- Menu-based and single-movie DVD creation
- Picture slide-shows and music compilations
- Easy to use drag-and drop interface
- Unlimited number of undo/redo
- Media Explorer
- Adjustable project and file optimization settings
- Multimonitor support
- Multiprocessor support
- Fully customizable toolbars
- Get Media from the Web
- DVD editing and layout
- Still and motion menu creation
- Support for multiple video titles
- Multiple menus with up to 36 buttons per menu
- Menu object editing, alignment, and sizing tools
- Text editing and shadow effects
- Object snapping
- Slide image rotation
- Add, edit, and move chapter points
- Title and Action safe grid area
- Customizable themes
- Menu looping
- Fit-to-disc compression
- DVD movie creation
- Picture slideshows
- NTSC and PAL in standard (4:3) and widescreen (16:9) formats
- Imports AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MOV, WMV, and a variety of still image formats
- Music compilations
- Attach audio files to menus
- Media file previewing
- Import WAV, MP3, WMA, PCA, AIF, MPEG audio
Testing and Burning
- Dual-layer drive support
- Real-time project previewing with virtual DVD remote control or to external monitor
- DVD project verification and preparation
- Supports a wide variety of DVD burners
Top customer reviews
Here are my needs:
- Support regular DV videos from my previous camcorder
- Support HD video, 1080P, from the TM900
- Standard video editing capabilities
- Write to blu-ray format for the HD sources
- Write to standard DVD for the remaining DV tapes
- Create YT appropriate files for both the HD and DV videos
- No need for the 3D capability -- so this opinion does not related to those who need this feature
At this point, I have gone through all of these use cases listed above, and the s/w has delivered adequately for all my needs. For my use, I don't really do anything particularly fancy. Most of the editing and DVD production features that I need are fairly straightforward needs, and I haven't had any problems with this version. I find the video editing s/w very intuitive and easy to use. The DVD Architect feels a little more quirky, and certainly not the easiest to use. But I can produce what I want to produce with the DVD Architect.
My PC has a quad-core processor, and 4GB of memory. The s/w has been absolutely stable on this box -- no crashes. I do not know if the s/w actually makes use of the multiple cores during rendering -- since that is by far the longest lead time part of the process. Rendering the HD videos without having the camera attached is a mistake. I learned it the hard way the first time I tried it. Other than the rude shock of how long the HD rendering takes, I am very pleased with the s/w.
My only real beef with Vegas has the audio processing capabilities included in the package. There are multiple versions of similar effects included, and the documentation to help use the right set of filters is lacking. But if you are not picky about the audio, you probably would not care about this limitation.
This software gets complicated but I've had it for about 3 days and I've made some impressive stuff. The experience from Windows Movie Maker helped me alot and I also am familiar with audio workstations such as Pro Tools and Cubase so kinda the same vibe to this but with video instead of audio.
There are plenty of tutorials and 3rd party enhancements to help you out with this so its as easy as visiting youtube and taking the time to learn the techniques. I gave this software 5 stars because I got everything I ever wanted in a video editor and the price is great. Goodbye Windows Movie Maker...
If your looking to make plot style movies... then the Adobe Premier software would be worth taking a look at, but Sony Vegas is solid.
Coming from Amazon, this product ships fine in the U.S. and comes with the disk, manual, and CD key. I thought the price was reasonable and haven't encountered any outside problems with the software that I haven't experienced with other versions in the past.