|Item Weight||71 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||62.25 x 8.69 x 40.13 inches|
|Item model number||XBR65Z9D|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Consider these available items
Sony XBR65Z9D 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Mounting Type||Table Mount|
|Connections||Built-in Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB|
About this item
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 57.6" x 33.4" x 3.1", TV with stand: 57.6" x 36.3" x 10.6"
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content using Sony’s Android TV.
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.
- Backlight Master Drive (Individual LED controlled array) can display an unprecedented dynamic range with near perfect black levels and dazzling brightness..Contrast Ratio: 4010:1
- 120Hz native refresh rate plus Motionflow XR gives you fast moving action scenes with virtually no motion blur
- Inputs: 4 – HDMI, 2 - USB2.0, 1 – USB3.0, 1 – Component/Composite Hybrid, 1 – Composite
- In the box: Voice Remote Control (RMF-TX201U), 3D Glasses x 2 ( TDG-BT400A), Batteries x (R03), AC Power Cord (Pigtail) US with polarity, IR Blaster (1-849-161-11), Operating Instructions, Quick Setup Guide / Supplement CUE (GA), Table Top Stand (Separate, assembly required)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Unrivaled picture quality
The all-new Backlight Master Drive can display an unprecedented dynamic range with near perfect black levels and dazzling brightness. How?
Discrete LED Control:
Backlight Master Drive uses a new, innovative algorithm to control the TV’s ultra-dense LED structure. Each LED is controlled individually for a picture even more precise than that of a standard full-array TV, which groups LEDs into larger zones.
Calibrated Beam Design:
Send light only where it is needed. Each LED emits a straight beam for greater brightness and more accurate contrast than ever before.
Upscaling to near 4K HDR
Our newly developed 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme outperforms our conventional 4K Processor X1 with 40% more real-time image processing power. It takes everything you watch and improves it to near 4K HDR quality. Object-based HDR Remaster technology can detect, analyze and optimize each object in the picture individually to adjust the overall contrast for a more natural and realistic picture on screen.
Experience greater brilliance in every scene. X-tended Dynamic Range PRO utilizes the discrete LED control of Backlight Master Drive to create images with brighter peaks and more shadow detail. When combined with HDR video, X-tended Dynamic Range PRO increases the quality of HDR so you experience even greater color and contrast.
Uncover the detail with 4K HDR
High Dynamic Range (HDR) will change the way you look at TV. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness. The result is the most lifelike picture TVs have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail.
Clear picture, smooth gradations
Sunsets are as bright and clear as real life. Super bit mapping 4K HDR, a feature of the 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme, reveals thousands of shades and gradations of light. It creates a smooth, natural picture as you watch, without the 'banding'. 14-bit signal processing recognizes subtle color transitions and effectively smooths out the gradation between shades, to show 64 times the color levels of a conventional display.
More color, depth and realism
Colors are as rich and vivid as nature’s own thanks to the TRILUMINOS Display with more shades of red, green and blue than ever before. You’ll enjoy vibrant, authentic images that evoke the emotion in every scene. When combined with HDR video, TRILUMINOS Display further increases the color depth for noticeably brighter and more realistic colors.
Upscale to a more natural picture
The difference is clear. You'll see lifelike detail and stunning clarity, no matter what you're watching. Two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving images in real time. 4K X-Reality Pro upscales images to near 4K clarity while a second database cleans the picture and reduce on-screen noise. Every single pixel is enhanced beautifully by the powerful 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme.
Motionflow keeps the action smooth
TV that keeps up with real life. Sony’s refresh rate technology (Motionflow XR 1440) builds upon the native 120Hz panel to allow fast moving action sequences in sports and movies to be seen with lifelike clarity.
A sophisticated slate design
From the front, the design exudes sophistication in the form of a simple black slate, letting viewers immerse themselves in the stunning power of 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range). The design features premium gold finish, and keeps all of your cables completely concealed, ensuring that the TV strikes and elegant look from any angle.
|Z9D Series||A1E Series||X940E Series||X930E Series||X900E Series||X850E Series|
|Screen Sizes||65" / 75"||55" / 65"||75"||55" / 65"||49" / 55" / 65" / 75"||65" / 75"|
|Resolution||4K HDR Ultra HD||4K HDR Ultra HD||4K HDR Ultra HD||4K HDR Ultra HD||4K HDR Ultra HD||4K HDR Ultra HD|
|Clarity||4K X-Reality Pro||4K X-Reality Pro||4K X-Reality Pro||4K X-Reality Pro||4K X-Reality Pro||4K X-Reality Pro|
|Contrast||X-tended Dynamic Range Pro||OLED||X-tended Dynamic Range Pro XDR Contrast 10x||X-tended Dynamic Range Pro XDR Contrast 10x||X-tended Dynamic Range Pro XDR Contrast 5x||X-tended Dynamic Range Pro|
|Backlight Master Drive||Individually controlled self-illuminating pixels||Precision full-array local dimming and boosting||Slim Backlight Drive+||Full-array local dimming and boosting|
|Color||Triluminos Display||Triluminos Display||Triluminos Display||Triluminos Display||Triluminos Display||Triluminos Display|
|Lifelike||4K HDR X1 Extreme||4K HDR X1 Extreme||4K HDR X1 Extreme||4K HDR X1 Extreme||4K HDR X1||4K HDR X1|
|Motion Clarity||Motionflow XR 1440/120Hz||Motionflow XR||MotionFlow XR 960/120 Hz||MotionFlow XR 960/120 Hz||MotionFlow XR 960/120 Hz||MotionFlow XR 960/120 Hz|
|Androidtv works with Google Assistant||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended Sound Bar||HTST5000||HTST5000||HTNT5||HTNT5||HTNT5|
Compare with similar items
Sony XBR75X940E-Series 75-Class HDR UHD Smart LED TV
Sony X950G 75 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2019 Model
Samsung QN65Q80RAFXZA Flat 65-Inch QLED 4K Q80 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
Sony XBR75X900F 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Android TV with Alexa Compatibility - 2018 Model
|Sold By||—||Video & Audio Center - Same Day Shipping||Video & Audio Center - Same Day Shipping||AAAA Universe||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||Built-in Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB||Wi-Fi||Bluetooth||Bluetooth, USB, Wireless, HDMI||Built-in Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB|
|Screen Size||65.0 inches||75 inches||75 inches||65 inches||75 inches|
|Item Dimensions||62.25 x 8.69 x 40.13 inches||65.90 x 12.90 x 40.90 inches||40.88 x 14.88 x 66.00 inches||2.40 x 57.10 x 32.70 inches||14.00 x 66.00 x 40.75 inches|
|Item Weight||71.00 lbs||120.00 lbs||81.60 lbs||56.90 lbs||80.90 lbs|
|Refresh Rate||120 hertz||120 Hz||120 hertz||120 hertz||120 Hz|
|Total HDMI Ports||4||4||4||4||4|
If TVs are measured on picture quality, then the Sony Z-series stands alone. Near perfect black levels combine with the ability to reproduce the brightness and color of the real world, while your favorites get up scaled to near-4K HDR brilliance. It’s a viewing experience that can’t be replicated.
Visible screen diagonal
65" / 166 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The TV itself is very nice, with a great picture. I only rarely bother with the "smart" bits on the TV itself, I tend to use apps on my Apple TV, so I can't really rate those. The only minor gripe I have is the handshaking when changing inputs on my stereo (also a Sony) can take several seconds, especially when switching to the PS4Pro.
Tip for future owners: For some reason 4K input isn't supported on HDMI 1 (I had to google some myself) and you need to make sure to go into the settings to enable the enhanced input for 4K. I also had to enable the same "enhanced" setting on my Sony AVR for it to pass through the 4K signal. Once I got all the settings right, the PS4Pro games (that support it) were in 4K.
1. Set resides in a bright room (20 4' windows/door on 3 walls). Picture/screen is bright, brillant and is not too reflective.
2. Supports 3D with active glasses - very good results. Have an existing libraryof 3D Blu-ray discs. (would have opted for 930 if not for 3D - cost)
3. Full array, X1 Extreme engine with extreme dynamic range gets this LED so close to the current OLED sets - much time comparing A1E & LG.
• Out of the box calibration was very good, with only a few minor adjustments. Instructions (via TV/online) are poor. My thanks to YouTube videos.
• Firmware update for Dolby Vision to come end of Jan 2018. Can't wait to compare HDR10 to DV on this set.
• Used with Oppo 203 4K Blu-ray, Roku Ultra, Marantz AV8801, Outlaw 7701 with Ohm speakers (7.1) and SVS Sub (TV sound not important)
• Wished monitor had more than two 4K HDMI inputs (one ARC), as my preamp only handles 1080p signals.
• Sony just released Dolby Vision firmware update and it is NOT "universal" - only works with imbedded streaming services and NOT external devices or current enabled blu-ray players. It appears to be "Sony" Dolby Vision. More than disappointing, it appears (per online posts) the "fix" is the burden of 3rd parties (external device makers). WOW, to say the least. In my case, Oppo has responded and states they were only recently made aware of the issue, and is now working on a solution with no ETA. Hopefully other (Apple TV, Roku) will do the same.
• Due to this issue, I have reduced my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars. Unsure if Sony's issue and/or response is due to misleading marketing, engineering, QA, or a combination of all, it is unacceptible to consumers of their products. This may not be a significant issue for some, but I suggest it is more than just functionality. Time will tell if they will step up and communicate with consumers and agressively help resolve this issue.
Update 2018-09-19: Oppo and Sony upgrades now present Dolby Vision on this set (fantastic), including Roku through Oppo. I now have to give this 5 stars, especially when considering the current pricing, even though a new model is now availble (wo 3D). Kudos to Oppo on delivering the update (and hopefully future support) even though they have since discontinued making these great blu-ray players.
This Z9D blows the Vizio’s doors off. I was going to get a Vizio P Series Quantum, but couldn’t pass up the deal on Amazon for this TV.
The 3D function is an added bonus, something I wasn’t really interested in because I hated 3D in the movie theater. 3D on this TV is actually quite impressive. The glasses are very comfortable unlike the movie theater glasses, which is one reason why I did not like it in the theater. If you wear glasses, you are going to need to put your contacts in, the glasses won’t fit over regular glasses.
The one issue I have found so far and it’s not really a game changer for me, but may be for you, the X1 Xtreem processor dosen’t quite have enough power to handle HDR Dolby thru an HDMI port, only 4K HDR10. You can only get HDR Dolby when streaming on Netflix or Amazon Video, maybe other streaming services (haven’t checked yet). I am using my XBox One S as my 4k HDR BluRay player which only does HDR10 anyway and I had no plans to buy a 4K HDR Dolby 4K BluRay player. My home theater 5.2 system is thru regular 1080p BluRay (TV upscales even better than the Vizio) and I have a 2.1 sound bar for the XBox. (4K HDR10). Also only HDMI 2 and 3 are Full HDMI 2.0. HDMI 1 and 4 are only HDMI 1.4.
Sony has released conformation of the Z9F with the X1 Ultimate processor, the successor to this TV with many upgrades, which is now why I know why I got such an amazing deal on this TV. This is my 4th TV in the last 18 months (kept selling and upgrading) but this is the TV I plan to keep for at least a couple years. I have always bought from BestBuy and picked up, but Amazon delivery service was amazing and handled with ease.
I took off one star because of the issue with the X1 Xtreem Chip not being able to handle HDR Dolby thru an HDMI port.
Changed to 5 Stars...
The HDR problem is no longer an issue. It will do HDR Dolby thru an HDMI port (2or3) on this TV, and most Sonys pre-2019, and of course with a HDR Dolby device)) and with an update, the Xbox OneS and X now does HDR Dolby as well.