Sony Xperia XZ2 6GB / 64GB 5.7-inches LTE Dual SIM Factory Unlocked - International Stock No Warranty (Liquid Black)
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 GB|
|Screen Size||5.7 Inches|
|Human Interface Input||Touchscreen|
|Cellular Technology||4G, 3G, 2G|
About this item
- Display: 5.7", 18:9 Full HD+ (1080 x 2160) HDR display, OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie), Chip: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845, Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, Camera: 19 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.3", 1.22µm, predictive PDAF, Laser AF + 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/5", Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh Battery.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carrier such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, LTE may not be available in all areas: 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz 3G Network WCDMA B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B6 / B8 / B19 4G Network LTE B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B12 / B13 / B17 / B19 / B20 / B26 / B28 / B29 / B32 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41
- This device may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international items. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
- The box contains: Your new device, USB cable, Charger (may be foreign), Documentation.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carrier such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, LTE may not be available in all areas: 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz 3G Network WCDMA B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B6 / B8 / B19 4G Network LTE B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B12 / B13 / B17 / B19 / B20 / B26 / B28 / B29 / B32 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41
Display: 5.7", 18:9 Full HD+ (1080 x 2160) HDR display, OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie), Chip: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845, Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, Camera: 19 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.3", 1.22µm, predictive PDAF, Laser AF + 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/5", Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh Battery.
This device may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international items. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
The box contains: Your new device, USB cable, Charger (may be foreign), Documentation.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I can’t say much about the camera other than that it takes pictures much better than the Xperia Z5 Compact that I have. The photos just come out with more detail. It’s not as good as SAMSUNG or Apple’s iPhone though—which is weird considering the fact that Sony makes great DSLRs and camera sensors.
A little warning for those who do not like pre-installed crapware: this phone is heavy on the Amazon pre-installed apps and Facebook which cannot be removed—only disabled. I use Amazon services, but I do not want separate apps hogging storage space on my phone. I prefer the much less intrusive option of using a web browser. Among the list of crapware that I’ve had to disable: Amazon Shopping, Amazon Kindle, AVG Protection, Facebook, Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager, Facebook Services, Lounge, and Prime Video. At least they removed File Commander and Spotify (which were pre-installed on previous phones).
The more I use this phone, the more I feel that this phone was a demo unit.
- screen touch isn't responsive
- periodic lines appears when hands are warm
- auto brightness is close to not working
I think xperia xz2 is generally a good phone. However, after seeing the complaints, it makes me wonder if third party sellers are getting their phones from defected batches from the manufacturers (not Sony). That's why they are much cheaper than the market value. I'll buy it from best buy directly to see if there are fewer issues.
New found issue:
As many people would do after the screen is full of fingerprints and dusty, we wipe it with cloth or our clothes. After that, you will see very obvious horizontal lines due to ESD. Not sure if this is my phone or it's a general issue. I have to restart the phone to get rid of the lines.
Also, if you finger swipe quickly and create some static, you will see the color gets darker... Very disappointed
Upgraded from xperia xzs...
Have been a Sony fan... However, somehow a bit disappointed by the phone. But let's start with the good stuff though:
1. Great LCD screen, good color, but light leakage is a bit worse than my xzs.
2. Good low light performance camera. However, I think they over increased the pixel gain. As a result, during normal light condition, noise is higher.
3. Battery life is improved, probably just because it's bigger.
4. Beautiful design (black) without a case
5. Speaker is louder
Now, the bad stuff:
1. Fingerprint sensor location is awkward. After upgrading to Android 9, it became less responsive and some Apps stopped working with the sensor.
2. Slippery without a case.
3. Nice haptic engine, but the force is too small to feel when there is a phone call.
4. A bit on the heavier side as for the weight.
5. Pictures from the front camera are very nosiy
6. Sony needs to make a SW to stop all the Google stuff that's running in the background. That's why the bigger battery doesn't improve the user experience that much
7. Battery care option doesn't seem to work on my phone
My wish list for xz4...
1. Don't use oled... It's the stupidest technology... Shorter life time, burn in problem... Maybe save the battery life marginally
2. Keep the fingerprint sensor on the Side!!! Under display fp sensor is overrated. People will see burn in in their oled with optical fp sensors
3. Make a better SW.
4. Have a option in the camera so that images are less noisy in normal lighting
5. If you want to do a glass back for wireless charge, use frosted glass so that it's not a fingerprint magnet or scratch-happy surface
I compared photos from the same scene from an iPhone X and a S9+ and the Sony brings higher resolution and better colors even in low light conditions.
What also convinced me was the display, which beats Apple and Samsung in max. brightness. It's not an OLED display which means less contrast and a noticeable black level but it has a higher color fidelity and more natural colors, which I find more important (personal opinion).
On the negative side it is a little thicker and heavier than the competitors.
The build quality of the phone is great and it feels very solid. Some people complain about the location of the finger print reader, which I can't understand. I have no problems finding it and it works great.
All in all the flagship phones are all very close together and the decision to choose one over the other is down to details. I had Sony and Samsung phones before. Here the decision was for the camera and that the Sony phones I had so far were a little more stable in software and survived very long even so I don't treat my phones very carefully.
The camera on the xz2 is also better giving you more clear and crisp photos due to the xz2 have a true HDR screen. I did side by side comparisons both picture and video wise and the xz2 is far superior. It does feel heavier than the 10 plus but not by much. Overall, I'm glad I switched to this phone with the cherry on the cake being its liquid black color making this phone a wonder to look at
Top reviews from other countries
Was soll ich sagen ? Bin mehr als zufrieden hab schon 2 tage im betrieb und einrichtung war schneller als auf dem XZ und hatte in ca. 5 im betrieb was echt super ist. Zuerst Update für Android 8 bis ich Update auf P bekommen haben und es läuft butterweich ohne probleme. Mein alter über Wlan mit XZ2 verbunden und daten übertragen ohne probleme.
Bin schon seit Jahren Sony Fan und was sie mit XZ2 geliefert haben ist echt super!
Viele haben den Fingerabdruck kritisiert da er zu tief liegt aber für mein geschmack ist es genau richtig und hab null probleme den zu ereichen.
Gerne wieder Sony!
One big, unbearable limit: bad ergonomics.
If it had the back of the old Z5, flat and maybe with a matte finish, and the same weight as that device, it would be really great.
Unfortunately we have here a rounded rear, with a glossy glass finish, extremely slippery and poorly oleophobic.
The power button / fingerprint sensor, inexplicably located on the back and not on the side as in previous models, is a big step back, but, at least in my opinion, the worst element is the excessive weight. Two hundred grams, for a phone not quite huge, and with a battery of normal capacity, makes it really uncomfortable to handle. Even keeping it in a pocket becomes problematic, precisely because of the excessive weight.
A missed opportunity.
Ich bin Absolut zufrieden und kann es bedenkenlos empfehlen.
Obwohl die Hardware natürlich nichtmehr absolutes state of the art ist, läuft das Gerät flüssig und kann auch für ein paar spiele genutzt werden.