2 Year Mobile Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- A service fee will apply. $49 to repair or $129 to replace your phone.
Sony Xperia 5 II Unlocked Smartphone
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Wireless Carrier||Unknown Wireless Provider Type|
|Memory Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Operating System||Android 10.0|
|Screen Size||6.1 Inches|
|Other camera features||Front|
|Item Weight||0.36 Pounds|
About this item
- 21:9 CinemaWide 120Hz4 6.1” HDR OLED display “powered by CineAlta”
- Triple camera array with ZEISS optics and Real-time Eye AF
- World’s first smartphone w/ 4K/120p for incredible slow motion video
- Fast gaming: 240Hz touch scanning rate 240Hz Motion blur reduction
- Superior sound with true front stereo speakers and 3.5mm audio jack
Buy this product as Renewed and save $94.80 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Sony Xperia 5 II
Built for speed, made compact
Combining impressive speed with compact design, level up your entertainment and creativity with the Xperia 5 II and Sony´s latest audio, video and Alpha technologies.
A design you love with the technology you need
The perfect size to fit in your hand or pocket yet packed with the very latest Sony technology. Discover the Xperia 5 II.
Compact and Powerful
The Xperia 5 II is compact and loaded with the latest Sony technology so there's no compromise on performance - whether you're gaming, streaming a movie, capturing the perfect shot or listening to music.
8 The feature may vary by content, game availability, and compatibility.
9 240Hz Motion blur reduction is a Game enhancer feature. Taking the 120Hz display refresh rate, it inserts a black frame in between each frame to provide the equivalent visual effect of 240Hz refresh rate. The result is blur-free images with marginally decreased brightness. The feature may vary by content, game availability, and compatibility.
13 360 Reality Audio requires a subscription to a compatible online music service, and third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply.
2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and its logos are marks of Sony Corporation. All other marks are marks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Compare with similar items
Sony Xperia 5 II Dual Sim Unlocked Smartphone 120 Hz HDR OLED CinemaWide Display, 128GB - Black - (US Warranty)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Gorgeous screen, best battery life I've ever had.
No 5G (don't care), and no wireless charging (would have been nice). No regrets.
Worked perfectly the instant I stuck an old sim card in it.
I purchased this device directly from the Sony site.
So this is a long story. I pre ordered and the purchased my Xperia 1 II back in late July of 2020 at release. I was eager and excited as this would be my first Sony cell phone. I was enjoying the phone and it was working well. The camera is Great! For those who really want the detailed controls of a professional camera on a cell phone look no further! It is even able to shoot raw photos. The Cinema pro ad the Photo Pro apps work well to unleash a lot of what these cameras can do. I loved the feel of it in my hands. The tall and slim build is unique and great for watching content in 4k. There are useful features built in as well to make navigating this tall device very easy. The battery would last me a near full day of constant use. I absolutely loved the feature it that would slow the charge rate when I would charge overnight. The feature would be sure the phone didn't overcharge, but instead would slow charge and reach 100% at a time I would select in the morning.
Things were going well until mid- October (Less than three months of owning the phone) it began having software issues. The phone would complexly freeze. So badly that I could not even power it off. I had to do a forced shut down every time this happened so I could get it working again. So, I contacted Sony Support to resolve the issues. They gave me the typical run around of factory reset phone, reset networks, uninstall apps, all that usual stuff. None of it worked so on October 27, 2020 I did what I needed to do to get the phone sent to the Sony repair center to get the device fixed. They changed the motherboard of the phone and sent it back. I received it back about ten days later on November 6th.
But this time the phone had a whole new issue that it didn’t have before. Now it could not read/detect the SIM card. This rendered the device useless! I sent it in to have one problem fixed and it was returned to me with a whole new issue! So, I contact Sony again and on November 11, 2020 I sent the phone back for repairs. As of this review, December 15, 2020, I still do not have the device back. After much much haggle with their customer service I found out that the IMEI of my phones new motherboard was not registered with my mobile network, and that others have had this similar issue.
So, after a full month of waiting for this to be fixed it seems Sony would rather me sit here and wait in limbo then give some results. Sony seems to refuse to even provide a new replacement device or a refund for the defective device. I feel a simple solution would be for me to be sent a new device that has a registered IMEI. So now I am left here without my $1200 device and frustratingly trying to work with customer to get me a replacement one or a refund for the clearly defective device. Especially after I sent it in once and it came back with a whole new and arguable worse issue.
I was enjoying the phone when it was working. However, having major software issues so young in its life added with the lack of support from Sony has left a bad taste in my mouth. I leaves it hard to recommend this phone as I would not want anyone to have to endure what I am currently going though. It may be a while before I get a phone from Sony again.
So that is my Experience with the Sony Xperia 1 II.
Here are my thoughts so far:
– 21:9 Aspect Ratio Screen: This screen is amazing for watching videos. Even though the display is not 4K like on the Xperia 1ii, I think I actually like this screen a bit more because of the 120 Hz refresh rate. Watching movies on these Xperia phones is just so much better than any other phone I've seen. The combination of the movie-like aspect ratio and this crisp screen make it such a great experience.
– Sony Alpha Camera Tech: If you are a photographer, or just really into camera technology, then no other phone comes close to these Xperia phones. Sony incorporates many of the best features of its Alpha mirrorless cameras into this phone. This phone produces fantastic pictures. What really sets this phone apart though, is the inclusion of the Cinema Pro and Photo Pro apps. These apps allow for TONS of advanced photography features, allowing you to control just about every setting that you could with a high end Sony Alpha camera. So much control and awesome video effects, really impressive. If you are not a photo expert, you still might appreciate the dedicated shutter button on the side of the phone to take quick pictures.
– 4000 ma Battery: This battery life has been great, and I rarely find myself at low battery even though I watch a decent amount of content throughout the day.
– Durability: With Gorilla Glass 6 on both front and back, and IP68 water resistance, this phone seems pretty durable. It has been able to withstand a few drops with no visible damage.
– Headphone Jack! : Wow, these are getting pretty hard to find nowadays.
– No Wireless Charging: If you've been used to wireless charging with other phones, it can be a bit annoying to have to go back to plugging in. Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.
– Mediocre Front Facing Camera: This is odd, considering how nice the main cameras are on this phone, but the front facing “selfie” camera is not great. I usually just end up using the main rear camera with the physical shutter button on the side to take selfies. Again not a huge deal.
Cost: This phone is pretty expensive for what it is. Sure it is just about the best for watching movies and advanced photography, but you can certainly find a phone with similar hardware for cheaper if you aren't interested in those categories.
OVERALL: This phone is awesome for watching movies; and if you know a lot about photography and want to have TOTAL control of the camera. These new Xperia phones might be the best phones for both of those categories. If you don't care about those two things as much though, then this is not the phone for you. There are certainly better options for just about everything else.