This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
Sony Xperia X unlocked smartphone,32GB Black (US Warranty)
|You Save:||$20.00 (7%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Sony Exmor RS 23 MP main camera with Quick Launch <0.6s capture
- 13 MP front-facing camera with a Sony 22mm wide-angle lens
- 5” Curved edge 2.5D glass display and seamless metal back has a soft feel yet is durable
- 32GB onboard memory and up to 200GB expandable with MicroSD card.
- SIM unlocked and compatible with GSM/LTE carriers utilizing GSM network such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, MetroPCS, Simple Mobile, Bright spot, Net10, h20 Wireless, Cricket Wireless
- Model F5121; compatible with Nano SIM Cards
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Android Central MWC 2016 Award Winner.
The Sony Smartphone That Sets the Standard for Fast and Intelligent Performance
The intelligent Sony 23MP main camera and 13MP front-facing camera capture stunning pictures. The 5 inch curved edge display has a soft feel yet is durable. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor enables PS4 Remote Play gaming from any room and a large 2620mAh battery to keep going.
- Main Camera: 1/2” 23MP, Sony Exmor RS Sensor , Predictive Hybrid AF. ISO 12800, 24mm Wide Sony G Lens
- Front Camera: 1/3” 13MP – Sony Exmor R Sensor, 22mm Wide, ISO 6400
- Display: 5“ Full HD 1080p (1920x1080), Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 140%, 600cd
- CPU/GPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650, 2x 1.8GHz 4x 1.2GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 510
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB Flash memory, Up to 200GB Expandable Memory
- Battery: 2620mAh, QNOVO Adaptive Quick Charge Technology
- Charger: Quick Charger Included
- Android Version: 6.01 - Marshmallow
- PS4 Remote Play Compatible: Yes
- Sound: Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers, Digital Noise Canceling, DSEE HX, LDAC, AHC
- Size: 5.6 x 2.73 x 0.31 in / 5.4 oz
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 800 (Band VI), 800 (Band XIX), 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz LTE (Bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,17,19,20,26,28,38,39,40,41)
- Compatible Networks: with GSM/LTE Networks and cellular network providers utilizing GSM network such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, MetroPCS, Simple Mobile, Brightspot, Net10, h20 Wireless, and Cricket Wireless
- Sim Size: Nano Sim
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year US manufacturer warranty on parts and labor
- Fingerprint Sensor not supported
Predictive Hybrid Autofocus with Smart Capture for Blur Free Shots
With Sony’s intelligent Exmor RS sensor and BIONZ processing camera technologies you can choose a moving person or object and automatically track it. Your subject stays in focus, even when moving, enabling you to capture blur free shots.
2.5D Rounded Edge Display. Seamless Metal Back
The curved 2.5D glass edge display has a soft feel yet is durable. The unique seamless metal back design is easy to hold, feels solid and wears well.
Game On, Anywhere In the House
PS4 Remote Play lets you access your PS4 console through your smartphone and keep playing from any room.
Long Lasting Battery, Quick Charger Accessory Included
A long lasting 2620mAh battery. Running low on power? Quick Charge technology enables up to 5.5 hours of battery life on 10 minutes of charge with the included Quick Charger accessory.
Fast CPU. Smooth Interface Experience
Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor and 3GB RAM means Xperia X delivers fast performance for activities such as PS4 Remote Play gaming and quick multitasking.
5 Inch Display with Brighter Colors
Sony’s Triluminos display technology combined with Dynamic Image Enhancer enables super brilliant colors on this Full HD display, simulating Sony’s BRAVIA TV viewing experience in the palm of your hand.
Listen in Hi-Res with Clear Audio+
Sony’s Hi-Res Audio and Clear Audio+ technologies, allow you to hear audio from your music, videos, and games the way it was meant to be heard.
Unlocked Phone; Flexibility to Choose
Switch between compatible carriers without the hassle of contracts. Without carrier bloatware you have additional storage space on your phone and since your phone isn’t carrier restricted you can maintain your resell value.
|Xperia XA||Xperia XA Ultra||Xperia X||Xperia X Performance|
|Display||5“ Curved Edge Glass HD (1280x720), Super Vivid Mode, sRGB 100%, Brightness 450 cd/m2||6” Curved Edge Glass Full HD (1920x1080), Super Vivid Mode, sRGB 100%, Brightness 500 cd/m2||5“ Curved Edge Glass Full HD (1920x1080), Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 140%, Brightness 600cd||5“ Curved Edge Glass Full HD (1920x1080), Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 140%, Brightness 600cd|
|Main Camera||1/3” 13MP, Sony Exmor RS Sensor, Hybrid AF <0.15 seconds, ISO 6400||1/2.4” 21.5MP, Sony Exmor RS Sensor, Hybrid AF <0.15 seconds, ISO 6400||1/2” 23MP, Sony Exmor RS Sensor, Predictive Hybrid AF, ISO 12800, 24mm Wide Sony G Lens||1/2” 23MP, Sony Exmor RS Sensor, Predictive Hybrid AF, ISO 12800, 24mm Wide Sony G Lens|
|Front Camera||1/4” 8MP, Sony Exmor R Sensor, 88 degree Wide Angle, ISO 3200||1/2.6” 16MP, Sony Exmor R Sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, Smart Selfie Flash, 88 degree wide Angle, ISO 3200||1/3” 13MP, Sony Exmor R Sensor, 22mm Wide, ISO 6400||1/3” 13MP, Sony Exmor R Sensor, 22mm Wide, ISO 6400|
|Processor / GPU||Mediatek HelioTM P10, Octa-core (8x A53,@ 2.0GHz) / Mali-T860||Mediatek HelioTM P10, Octa-core (8x A53,@ 2.0GHz) / Mali-T860||Qualcomm Snapdragon 650, 2x 1.8GHz, 4x 1.2GHz / Qualcomm Adreno 510||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 2x 2.2GHz, 2x 1.6GHz / Cat9 Support / Qualcomm Adreno 530|
|Storage||2GB RAM, 16GB Flash memory, Up to 200GB Expandable Memory||3GB RAM, 16GB Flash memory, Up to 200GB Expandable Memory||3GB RAM, 32GB Flash memory, Up to 200GB Expandable Memory||3GB RAM, 32GB Flash memory, Up to 200GB Expandable Memory|
|Battery Capacity Charging||2300mAh, QNOVO Adaptive Charging & Quick Charge Compatible||2700mAh, QNOVO Adaptive Charging & Quick Charge Compatible||2620mAh, QNOVO Adaptive Charging, Quick Charger Included||2700mAh, QNOVO Adaptive Charging, Quick Charger Included|
|Android Version||6.01 - Marshmallow||6.01 - Marshmallow||6.01 - Marshmallow||6.01 - Marshmallow|
|Entertainment||Clear Audio +||Clear Audio +||Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers, Digital Noise Canceling, DSEE HX, LDAC, AHC, Remote Play capable||Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers, Digital Noise Canceling, DSEE HX, LDAC, AHC, Remote Play Capable|
|Size / Weight||5.65 x 2.62 x 0.31 in / 4.9 oz||6.45 x 3.11 x 0.33 in / 7.1 oz||5.6 x 2.73 x 0.31 in / 5.4 oz||5.6 x 2.77 x 0.33 in / 5.8 oz|
|Water Resistant||No||No||No||Yes / IP68|
Compare to similar items
This item Sony Xperia X unlocked smartphone,32GB Black (US Warranty)
Exclusively for Prime members
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Virtual Zone LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Camera Description||13 MP||23 MP||21 MP||13.0||23 MP||23.0|
|Screen Size||5 in||4.6||6 in||5 in||5.2||5|
|Item Dimensions||0.34 x 2.7 x 5.6 in||0.37 x 2.55 x 5.07 in||0.33 x 3.1 x 6.5 in||0.33 x 3.1 x 6.5 in||0.32 x 2.83 x 5.76 in||2.6 x 5.7 x 0.3 in|
|Item Weight||4.48 ounces||4.64 ounces||7.04 ounces||5.76 ounces||0.79 lb||4.96 ounces|
|Operating System||Android 6.0.1||Android 6.0.1||Android 6.0.1||Android 6.0.1||Android 6.0.1||Android N|
The Sony Xperia X is the smartphone that sets the standard for fast and intelligent performance. The intelligent Sony 23MP main camera and 13MP front-facing camera capture stunning pictures. The 5” curved edge display has a soft feel yet is durable. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor enables PS4 Remote Play gaming from any room. A 2620mAh battery gives you up to 2-days battery life to keep going.
Top customer reviews
I like the size, although it's almost too big it's still usable one handed for me. I like the fact that it takes a microsd card. The screen is nice. The battery life is really pretty good, and I like the fact that I can leave it off charge overnight and it doesn't lose all its charge (though this may be due to the Android 6 power settings rather than Sony). I can live with the fact that in the US we don't get the fingerprint reader to unlock.
Overall, I'm happy with it.
- Performance: The phone runs everything I throw at it with ease and simpler tasks like browsing are noticeably smoother than the blu phone. The snapdragon 650 hexacore is a bit of an older chip however performs admirably and the hexacore design 2x 1.8ghz and 4x 1.2ghz is a very efficient design, especially against the slow 8 core used in the life one x. The gpu is Adreno 510, a strong mid-mid to high-mid GPU that can handle moderately intensive and casual games. Have realistic expectations though, it's not top of the line and probably won't run the most intensive apps on the play store smoothly. 3 gigabytes of RAM is more than enough and multitasks effortlessly. I've never had any issues with the internal storage or the 32g microSD card that I put in. If you have a PS4 you can use the controller with the phone and do some other supposedly nifty stuff.
- Camera: The camera is a bit odd, likely due to software. When looking through the camera in the app, it's not that great looking but when it snaps the pic, it comes out much nicer. Most phones is the other way around. Points for the lack of motion blur that I've seen on every other phone I've used. A very annoying quirk about the camera app is that it cannot be used in portrait view. I'm looking around for other apps to replace Sony's but the camera by itself is a good one. Not mind blowing but good. When buying any phone, remember that megapixel count is actually a very negligible spec when it comes to predicting photo quality.
- Wireless: One of the reasons I ditched the blu is because of the lackluster cellular coverage. The Xperia x exceeds my expectations in this area and it gets LTE almost anywhere I go with AT&T. Sometimes it's so quick I forget i'm not on wifi! One of the other users say that wifi isn't that great. Mine works fine but drops out for a half-minute or so occasionally. My college's wireless network regresses every year though so I just chalk it up to that.
* ATT uses bands 2, 4, 5, 12 (lightly), and 17 (heavily) in the US. The blu was missing 12, don't pull a me and make sure a phone has the necessary bands before buying it! Many descriptions don't have them clearly listed, so use GSMarena if unsure <http://www.gsmarena.com> The SIM slot takes nano SIM only, you can have a guy at any ATT store swap it in like 5 minutes if you don't have one.
- Battery: Lasts me all day and then some with normal usage. You could probably get 2 days out of it with just browsing and with Sony's power-saving options on. It charges rediculously quick too, like 0 to 100% in an hour quick. I hope the battery keeps up with time.
- Chassis: The reason why I got this phone in particular was the looks. They're every bit as beautiful as in the picture. It's not the most comfortable phone to hold but that can likely be fixed with a case. The brushed aluminum back, the classic camera placement (top left corner) and the curved glass edges is really pretty and is subtly classy and sexy at the same time (the James Bond of phones), a rare look in phones today. Surprisingly, both sides of the phone are pretty resistant to fingerprints and smudging, I haven't cleaned it in the 2 weeks or so that I've had it and not a single smudge. The speakers on the top and bottom of the front panel are clear because of the placement, but they aren't high quality speakers in any sense, but I usually wear headphones and those sound fine. It doesn't go as loud as my iPod 5 (which is probably a good thing). Volume button is in a really weird placement that you wouldn't think much of by looking at the pictures on here. Display is sharp, there really isn't a need for anything above 1080p on a phone as the eye can't easily see the difference and a higher resolution just taxes the GPU harder, leading to lower performance. Wish notification light was placed elsewhere and was brighter, but whatev.
- Software: I don't like Sony's UI much, I prefer the blu's. It's not much of an issue with android because you can download any launcher you wish and change the UI from there; I use Apex and it looks fine. As said, the camera app kind of sucks. No small amount of bloatware that can't be deleted either, though at least it doesn't have all the crap from a carrier and most of it can be disabled anyway, so the phone doesn't skip any beats.
Overall a very good mid range phone that's definitely worth the price is is now (still 300). I'd give it a 4.8 for the meh software and the few chassis
mishaps, but even looking for one, I cannot find an issue that would give me pause if I'd known it before buying. The stuff that the phone does right, blows the minor faults out of the water anyway. I wholeheartedly recommend giving this phone a shot; it may pleasantly surprise you as it did me. Congrats if you read this far, hope it was worth your time :)
The unlocked status of this phone meant my current AT&T SIM card was active immediately when I swapped it from my LG to the Sony and back - zero problems. The micro SD card was recognized immediately and is holding apps, games and photos as it should. I was expecting the unlocked version to have significantly less bloatware than the typical carrier purchased phone and while this does have less, it is not bloat free. There are a number of hard loaded Sony apps and things like Facebook and Spotify that you can't delete. (I realize most people want Facebook, but I am not one who wants it as a mandatory, intrusive app on my phone)
In comparison to the LG V10 in performance - the LG runs faster with 3 or more apps going at once. For example, texting and watching a YouTube video and doing email at once on the LG is smooth and lag free. The Sony stutters and the YouTube video ended up buffering and had to be stopped when a flurry of texts came in. It took me awhile to figure out why, but I realized it is because the Sony doesn't hold a WiFi connection as well as the LG in the same room, side by side on the same network. My LG and my husband's Blu phone will both show full strength Wi-Fi signal and this phone next to them will show 2/3 strength. Same results in three different homes with three different routers and networks - it just doesn't have great reception.
What I absolutely love about the Sony Xperia X is the camera and the Xperia movie builder app. Holy cow does this thing take pretty pictures! It is spectacular at outdoor nature shots and especially backlit shots in bright sunlight. Taking multiple action pictures of horses galloping and changing directions was very nice - 12 shots in a row and only one was blurry. The details and color it gets with flowers and animals are so good that I am taking this phone on vacation to a National Park in a couple of weeks specifically to use as a camera. (My LG V10 is going as my communication device) The built in movie builder app is just a cute little gizmo that takes your still shots & puts them to music and makes a video for you - I've had a ball with it and the horse pictures.
The phone comes with a fast charging wall charger and it is quick. The Bluetooth connected easily with my Echo and a pair of generic headphones and my Ford Sync system. So far the battery life has been excellent and slightly better than on my LG. My bottom line is that this is a decent phone and an excellent camera, but in the final tally, I think the poor WiFi reception and laggy behavior with multiple functions running at once means that I won't be leaving my LG V10 and making the Sony X my daily phone.
****** UPDATE August 5 2016. ******
I added the Magic Jack app to this phone recently for use with our Magic Jack account when traveling overseas. It allows you to call the United States without incurring international roaming fees by using a Wi-Fi connection. In initial testing this week, it is working, but the weak Wi-Fi reception on this phone makes this function sketchy unless you are in just the perfect spot.
Most recent customer reviews
1. It's SLOW. And I mean SLOW.Read more