Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

92%
Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on February 2, 2017
Good: Like the flaps and almost never have a problem turning the pages on this one.
Bad: This book doesn't hold up well and we're on our second copy in after a year's use and my child is not rough with books. I don't care for how every item is "Sophie's ___" and gives names to the animals that aren't common "Who's hiding behind Sophie's Boat? It's Maggie the turtle!" "Why not just "who's hiding behind the boat? It's the turtle!" I get it's branding, but for a child who's learning to read, those details aren't important. I just leave them out, but now my child is reading I have to say the names otherwise they think I missed a word.
Overall: I don't care for Sophie and the friends' names, but my child likes this book.
on April 8, 2017
I love this book! My 9 month old daughter loves the thick flaps she can open. They are thick enough that if she chews on them, or tries to flip them open, they won't rip. The colors are bright and easy to read. Because of the thickness of the pages, it is very easy for her little hands to grab. I would definitely order this book series again!
on August 14, 2015
This book is lovely and my little guy enjoys reading it thoroughly! The combination of animals, colors, and simple objects makes it a good book for learning words. Also, the "reveal" nature of each page is a lot of fun for him...he just loves opening the pages of this book to see what's inside! We are on our second copy and the first one fell apart after a few months of steady use...thus the 4 star instead of 5. The points at which each page connects could stand a little reinforcement...it is wearing out at the same spot again in our second copy (and on other similar books in this line).
on April 5, 2017
Love these books
on October 15, 2016
For some reason I thought this was going to be a "feel" book, with textures. But it's a really cute flap book. My 1.5 year old loves it.
review image review image
on October 4, 2013
My baby daughter loves Sophie the giraffe and so I bought the 3 Sophie books I saw on Amazon. These books are amazing. Great quality and they do not tear even though my baby has been constantly putting them in her mouth (she's 7 months old). I think she'll get more interested in readung them in a couple of months. For now she liked the colors!
on April 26, 2014
These books are read over and over and over. Our grand kids each have a little Sophie and they love the stories about Sophie and her friends. One thing that is cool is these books are also available in an interactive version on the iPad for about the same $$$. I've found that those versions allow the little ones (< 2) to participate more and the voice that reads the stories on the iPad is really pleasant.
on October 7, 2016
This book is sturdy and attractive. I think my little grandson will love looking (and probably chewing!) on it as his mom and dad teach me his colors. So cute!
on April 22, 2016
We love Sophie! This is a great book that teaches colors with Sophie. The book has thick pages so it's not easily torn. The book has easy pictures to look at for your toddler. A great little book!
on June 18, 2013
The book is well constructed, durable and colorful. It meets all textile requirements for a small child and very portable. The series is a must to have if you are a Sofie fan- my grand daughter doesn't leave home without Sofie!