Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on May 30, 2014
This book is a favorite at our house! We have been reading it multiple times a day it seems since our daughter was 4 or 5 months old (now just over a year old).
After a few reads, many children's books become so annoying, but surprisingly we still like reading Peekaboo Sophie even though we now have it memorized of course. Our daughter loves to do the actions ("give [Lazare] a pat!" and "touch Gabin's nose") and turn the pages herself. The pages are thick and easy to grasp for small hands, and the "peekaboo" flaps are pretty durable.

My only recommendation would be to buy two from the start, so that you don't have to worry about fixing it when it falls apart after months of daily use!
on June 13, 2013
My 7 month old son is a huge Sophie fan. He has two of the teethers and one of the plush ones. If I put half a dozen toys in front of him and include Sophie, he goes for her every time. When I saw these books, I pre-ordered them because I knew he would love them. He does! When we read it together, he squealed when he recognized Sophie. The book had nice illustrations and textures for baby to touch. There are pages that flip out so that you can find Sophie's friends. This could get torn up easily by a baby, so it may not be a book that you want your child to have "free reign" over.

No, it doesn't have much of a plot, but what do you expect from a baby board book? I would probably label it as 0-3 instead of preschool to kindergarten like Amazon did. Babies are going to be the ones to recognize the character, and if you have a baby who loves Sophie, he or she will probably enjoy this book.
on February 1, 2016
This is probably THE favorite book for me and my daughter alike.
1. ONE animal &I color theme per page so baby can focus
2. THICK pages so little hands can't destroy them
3. EXCELLENT textures for every page - our daughter had a ball petting the cat and scratching on the bubbles
4. LOVE the "open page peek a boo". She has loved opening these pages since she was 6m old.

Over all excellent for coordination, fine motor development, multi sensory without being overwhelming and most importantly INDISTRUCTABLE!!!!
on December 13, 2016
Our Peekaboo Sophie! book has been worn out by our daughter, so we purchased a copy to give to my niece at our daughter's request because she said she wants the baby to have her favorite book to read. So sweet! We love how you get to open the pages and see all of Sophie's friends. My three-year-old has it completely memorized we have read it so much!
on August 11, 2016
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this book! This was my sons 1st Sophie book and he loves it so much that I purchased all of the rest of them via Amazon. This book is great because it works on fine motor skills, cause and effect skills, and reading skills. My son loves to lift up the flip tabs to see what is underneath! This is an awesome bedtime book too!
on January 8, 2016
I bought this because we LOVE Sophie in this house! The book is a heavy board book so it should hold up well and I love that it has big flaps for the little ones to lift. It's their absolute favorite book at the moment and well worth every penny. Unlike other board books, this one doesn't get old either! All Sophie lovers should definitely check it out!
on January 10, 2015
My 9 month old niece loves this. I watch her several times a week, and reading this book is basically her favorite thing to do. We can read it over and over in a row and she doesn't get bored. She figured out how to turn the pages on her own pretty quickly. I always hesitate before opening the flap and she gets quiet and still in anticipation for... PEEK A BOO!! Then she giggles and screams and dives her hands right in. Because of course it only took 2 or 3 readings to figure out the best part is touching the pages. She really loves the texture of the bubble page, it's her favorite. Definitely buying this for every future baby event.
on October 27, 2016
Good book, my baby loves to read it and we get to the end she goes "tickle" and tickles herself. Giving it 4 stars, because it didn't last that long before she tore the peekaboo panels out.
on November 17, 2016
My 18 month old daughter loves this book. In fact, it's a little worn from all the times she has looked through it but since it's a board book, it holds up better than most. She loves that it has peekaboo flaps as well as textural differences.
on April 12, 2015
Okay book. Colours are very pastel rather than bright and eye-catching. Purchased for young tot who loved the Sophie giraffe with the aim of connecting the toy to the book.