Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 991 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,171 reviews
on October 1, 2016
I just finished watching this complete series collection of the sopranos on Blue Ray, and I wanted to write a review to hopefully help answer any questions people might have about this U.K. release.

The top question for me was whether or not it's region free, considering that the product description says it is, and some reviews on Amazon claim that it's not.
The answer is yes; it's totally region free.
My blue ray player is region 1, and I had absolutely no trouble playing these discs.

Picture quality is great, with a few grainy spots here and there, but that's because of the way they were filmed.
Overall, this is the best this show has ever looked.

Sound quality is also great, with a 5.1 surround English master.

The packaging is also great; unlike many complete series collections that have the discs poorly crammed on top of each other, ( The shield, Sanford and son, ect. )
the discs are stored inside separate cases inside the box.
Check out the photos I've attached to my review, and you'll see what I mean.

It also comes with a bonus picture book, which I really don't care much about, but it's still nice to have I guess.

I would recommend the U.K. import over the american release based on price; right now the U.K. import is $70, and the American release is over $100.

I hope this helps someone, and thank you for reading.

P.S. It shipped very quickly, and arrived before it was said to.
review image review image review image
2121 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2017
Love me some Tony Soprano!!!! I watched the series on HBO, and loved it, so I bought this for my Dad as a gift, as he doesn't have cable tv. He didn't know if he would really like it at first, but after he started watching it, he thought it was very good :)
on June 22, 2017
Enjoying viewing all the episodes again. If you liked/enjoyed it the first time you will like to revisit it again. Glad I added it to my collection.
on December 2, 2014
This show tops my all time favorites, be it movies, television, whatever! I couldn't believe the price for this and on BLU-RAY?! FUGHEDDABOUDIT!! early Christmas for me!! Anything less than 5 stars for this series is just not a review by a fan of this series. Whomever is responsible for this deal, THANK YOU! To HBO, I will say, it's about time you did this set on Blu-ray!
on July 5, 2016
I watched this show and never missed an episode since it came out in 1998 , my wife and I watch it every night and are going through every episode one by one, it has become a staple in our household, rest in peace James Gandolfini
on February 3, 2015
This was great and we are watching it again. I love this show. I never watched one show when it was one TV, not sure why just didn't. Well I bought this for my husband, sometimes there's nothing on TV and so I thought he would get a kick out of it. He did, he watched it every night and we both had such a good time. Growing up in Brooklyn he said it's like that so he enjoyed the street sense of humor. We laughed hard, but hard.
on November 23, 2013
While the Sopranos were on the air, I never had the time to watch. After the death of James Gandolfini, I decided to purchase this series and see what everyone was talking about. The series was fantastic! The DVDs were decent. I rated these DVDs 4 stars instead of 5 because I found that the audio quality was lacking. At times the volume was REALLY low (causing me to have to turn up the system) and then the scene would change and the volume would blow me through the wall! Other than that I have no negative issues with this purchase.
on May 15, 2017
I haven't watched this yet but my daughter's been doing a marathon and hasn't had a single glitch, lol. Perfect product and the price was right.
on January 6, 2015
I was one of the shoppers who caught this series at $109 and I am enjoying binge watching it. I have one complaint. Why can't HBO Blu-Rays bookmark automatically upon quitting. Every time you load the disc, even when it remains in the player, it boots up from the start. Frustrating, but not a deal breaker. Really glad I waited for the complete Blu-ray edition. The video and audio are terrific. There are a few commentaries that make for interesting listening, but it's the grandiose performance of the late James Gandolfini that runs this show. Huge, bigger than life. I can only imagine what magnificent performances he might have brought us had he lived longer. What a waste. However this opus of his and David Chase will long reign as one of the greatest mob series, indeed tv series, ever.
Must own.

Update: January 19. I have been binging my way through the Sopranos and am on the season finale of season 5. So far, every disc functions perfectly. (I play my Blu-rays/DVDs on a Sony Playstation 3).

Update: Completed my binge watch and oof maron, am I satisfied. Brilliant; even the finale, which was universally reviled. All discs played perfectly.
Repeat: Must Own!
on November 26, 2016
Best TV Series now in blu-ray!

This is the UK version and comes with subtitles in many languages.

If you don't want to have a hardcopy of this TV Series you can watch from Netflix at a cheaper cost but personally I believe it is better to have a copy of this great TV Series with you.

Quality picture is amazing! For all of you that followed this series on TV when it first came out you will definitely notice the difference.