|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$56.19 - $169.99 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Waxed Canvas/Rubber
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 8" from arch
- Heel measures approximately 2"
- Platform measures approximately 1"
- Seam-sealed waterproof boot in waxed canvas with Wellington toe and recycled felt liner
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The waxed canvas upper and recycled felt liner make this seam-sealed, waterproof boot extra special; it's perfect for keeping feet warm and dry in cold and winder conditions.
The 1964 Premium boot from Sorel brings you warm, protective, fashionable comfort. The seam-sealed construction features a sturdy canvas upper, a vulcanized rubber overlay for waterproofing, and removable recycled felt lining. Multi-patterned tread on the rubber outsole provides enhanced footing.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0037267AA
- Item model number: 1964 PREMIUM T CVS-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1) This is a harsh weather boot. It's treated canvas and rubber, and it's waterproof. It's felt lined and it's very warm, even in very cold conditions. This is a boot suitable for use in places like Minnesota, Canada, and upstate New York...that is, places where you get a lot of snow, and where you need a boot that won't leak and will keep your feet warm. You can, of course, wear these in places it doesn't snow--the boot won't complain. But you may find that these boots are too warm to use as kicks on the streets of San Diego or Florida, even during a torrential downpour.
2) This boot isn't very stylish. Well, perhaps, it's stylish in an old jeans, flannel shirt, arctic cap and my boots sort of way. But you will want to change these out if you wear them to a formal office. You wouldn't want to wear these on a nice date. Etc. They are what they are: Function over style. And that's kind of chic in and of itself. But it's not chic in a "ooh...nice looking boots" way.
3) This model boot has been made for nearly half a century. So they are classic in a sense.
4) These boots were once made in Canada. Not any longer. Bowing to financial realities (like almost every mass market shoe maker), Sorel now has these made in China. The quality is still good, however.
5) Everyone who lives in a place where you get appreciable snow should own a pair of these. Your stylish boots are for when the snow has cleared and the skies are bright. These are the work boots when you need to clear the snow, or walk a mile to somewhere in bad weather. Think of these as the boots that save your stylish boots.Read more ›
When i found myself in great need of a new pair of really warm, waterproof boots(ice fishing) i was delighted to find one last pair in my prefered size from Amazon.
They were everything i hoped for and more!
Warm, comfy and nice looking(for a warm, bulky, comfy winter boot ^^)
I have a Cordovan pair of these that were my dads. He purchased them in 1967 in Canada and wore them every North East winter as a Bricklayer/Mason in Rhode Island until he got out of the trade in 1982. From 1982 -1984 they were used for snowmobile and shoveling only. I started working as a Carpenter in 1984 and worked all winter long. My dad handed these boots down to me and now in 2011 I am still wearing them. I have changed the felt liners a few times and even add in a insole footbed to give a little more arch support. I say every year that I should buy a new pair because they look a little worn but my god they do not leak and I have never once said that my feet were cold in all these years. These boots are 44 years old now and I swear they are in amazing shape. Do the math and you will probably figure out these are the last pair of winter boots you are ever going to need to buy.
You just can't kick these boots.
The rest: They are large (to allow for thick socks). The rubber on the bottom is thin, so you can feel everything you step on. I feel like the rubber will wear out soon or be torn by heavy use. I bought these specifically because I liked the style and they weren't made of leather. Unfortunately, part of the tongue and the top lip is still leather, which I don't like.
In short, I will keep them, but when the rubber wears out, I will try to find a different brand.
The canvas is true waterproof and I could not ask for a better boots.
It was worth the money. The canvas is thick but pliable and has a nice coating on it that makes it feel impenetrable. The tongue is leather, which I hadn't expected, but it's a nice touch. The rubber is crazy soft and malleable. I really had expected a much more rigid boot, but it conforms to each step.
It feels like an extra thick pair of converse shoes. You know that flat foot bottom feeling you get in a pair of oversized converse? Their wide and have almost zero arch. I have flat wide Hobbit feet, so it's a great fit. They also weigh nothing... I mean for a pair of boots this size.
My only complaint is that the liner can be a chore to keep in the shoe when you are taking these on and off. Take your time getting your foot in and out. Loosen the laces all the way down and you'll be fine. Once your feet are entrapped in the warm embrace of the felt liner and soft supple rubber/leather/canvas.. you won't think twice about the 2 or 3 minutes you spent wrangling your dogs into these things.
I've had them for a few weeks now and have spent hours at a time in them. They are comfy and my feet haven't been too hot or too cold. Go ahead and splurge, this is a good pair of boots.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I wear size 42 and ordered 42 (9 M), but shoes were small. I think 43 should be ok.Published 2 months ago by Igor Karpov
We returned these. My husband loved the look but they were way too big and didn't fit right.Published 3 months ago by atb
Strong and good quality snow boot my husbad simply love them, he is an outdoor electrician and this boots are great and excellent solePublished 3 months ago by Sandra Mazariegos
These have been wonderful this winter! We are in Maryland and got hit with quite a lot of snow this year. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mary Beaver
After years, my husbands snow boots finally deteriorated. I ordered these a few days before a big snow storm hit and they came right on time and he loved them!!! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jess