Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Price:$38.47 - $107.95

Showing 1-10 of 959 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,016 reviews
on December 21, 2015
I am sorry to say that as much as I like these slippers, they did not hold up at all. The soles have just disintegrated after only moderate use--as you can see in the attached pictures. I hesitated to spend this much money on a house slipper, but Sorel was a good brand, or so I thought. I expected to get a lot of use out of them but these only lasted a year with occasional wearing during the winter months before the sole developed a hole and then both soles began to fall apart. Very disappointed since they were warm, comfortable slippers.
review image review image
on November 28, 2010
Well, my feet are happy and I am definitely pleased with my new slippers! These slippers had a lot to live up to after all the reviews I read about them on various sites, and so far, they aren't letting me down. Honestly, I would have not regularly paid for this much for slippers for myself, but it was my 40th birthday and I told my mom I wanted some new slippers that I could slide on without having to bend over and use my hands- plus something I could wear in or out (to get the mail and such). She sent me a link with the Sorel Nakiska slides (same as these, but the part by the heal is down a little lower). I started reading reviews on those and then came across this style, with more coverage of the heal and was getting really excited at trying these for myself.

My hardest decision was the sizing. Half of the reviews I read said if you were between sizes to go up a size and half said to go down a size. I was so confused. I did not want my toes squished but I did not want to get a half size up and then have them flip flopping. I did however, decide to go up to a size 8, since I am normally a 7 1/2 and figured I could wear socks if I needed to. Well, so far- perfect fit! Glad I did not go down a half size. I mostly wear them without socks (am right now and so cozy), but I also wear them with thin socks. I do wonder if someday they will loosen up some more and then feel too loose. I hope not. I had read another review that said that they did not do that, but only time will tell.

I have to add also, that my mom did not end up getting me the slippers since I actually got a better gift, but then my mother-in-law got me some slippers that were not Sorels. They are Dearfoam and they are nice slippers- what I'm really used to. No problem with them really, as I've always worn slippers like that, and they really look similar and even have a sole I can wear outside. If I had never read all of the reviews about the Sorels, I would have been thrilled with the new Dearfoams and been happy. However, since I had now had my heart set on sinking my feet into the Sorel's, I went ahead and ordered them for myself. In the meantime, I was wearing my Dearfoams and happy with them.

My Sorels arrived and it was just as I expected after reading other reviews. I put my feet in and they felt so good- the arch support is so comfortable and the overall design makes the slippers fit like a glove to my foot. There isn't any flopping around, but they aren't tight, they just seem to form to my foot. The sole is different than the Dearfoams, as they curve up a little in the front and remind me more of a running shoe, that helps your foot as it curves to the ground. Also, a big difference from the other slipper, they are whisper quiet. The soles grip my floors (laminate and linoleum) without any slipping, and because they don't flip flop, they are more like wearing socks. This is a nice feature to me, but maybe no big deal to anyone else. I was then able to try on one Dearfoam and one Sorel at the same time. Wow! The foot in the Dearfoam was just a foot in a slipper, but my foot in the Sorel was like a foot getting a hug. Dumb analogy maybe, but really, the Sorel foot was SO comfy. I feel bad, because I am certainly not trying to bash Dearfoam here, but I'm sure it sounds that way. Really, if you just want an average slipper that doesn't cost much- then they are fine. Now though, that I've tried the Sorel's and I am expecting them to last a long time- I can't imagine not spending the extra money to get these quality slippers for my feet! I am a new Sorel customer that plans to be a repeat customer. I'm even considering giving some as gifts, knowing that other people would be just as happy.

One last thing I wanted to say- I almost call these "shoes" instead of slippers, as I am wearing them all the time I've worn them beyond my mail box and trash can outside. I've worn them to church, to the store, just wherever and whenever I can. They are that comfy. They are sturdy enough for me to wear them out (and stylish, I think), but yet, they don't feel heavy or bulky like a shoe when I'm inside. I even slipped into bed with them on my feet one night, because it was cold and I didn't to take them off. That time, I did wish I had put socks on and then I would have slipped them off. Anyway, because these are so versatile for me as well as so comfortable, I am sold, sold, sold on Sorel Nakiskas. I am certain I will buy more Sorel products for my feet! I never review, but I always read reviews. I always think that I should review on so many products that I like, but never take the time. For these though, I finally took the time. Hopefully I'll review more items from now on. The Sorels are just so great that I had to start here.
99 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2010
I love these slippers - they are very comfortable and warm. However, after only having them two weeks and wearing them each night after I get home from work, I notice that a stitch has come loose that attaches the sole to the main body of the slipper. I know that once these things get started, it's only a matter of time before it starts unraveling altogether. So while the slippers are very comfortable, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality. When I pay a little more for a pair of slippers, I don't want the stitching coming apart.
22 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2009
I Love these! I wear them all the time! they are perfect for any and all indoor wear as well as perfect if I have to run outside for a minute. They are lightweight and very warm! I couldn't be happier! I have recommended them to all of my friends! They run true to size!
on February 27, 2010
These are the best slippers I've ever had. I had a plantar fasciitis problem, and needed something more supportive, and these seem fine. They are really comfortable, and look great. They seemed snug at first, but the fleece packs down a bit, and conforms to your foot.
on March 23, 2017
I really love these slippers, aside from two things: 1) Less than a month of wearing them a small hole in the stitching (where the sole attaches to the upper suede) started to develop on one shoe. It's progressed slowly, but is disappointing nonetheless. I purchased these shoes 0.5 to 1 size larger than my shoe size (I got an 11, but usually wear a 10-10.5) because I wanted to be able to wear large wool socks when it's extra cold, and to still have room so my toes have plenty of wiggle space. Now that the inter material has flattened, there's a lot of room, almost too much (better than too little in my book). The hole, therefore, is NOT because my toe has put any undue pressure in that spot. 2) I wish they had a bit more cushion (almost no slippers seem to these days though) and some arch support. I actually added orthotics which made these feel fabulous when standing/walking for any time. Aside from the one hole the shoes have worn really well and held up to constant use this winter. I received the shoes Dec 11th and have worn them for hours most every day to today, March 23. They're great for being able to walk outside for a bit if needed as well and I love the nonslip outsole.
on February 20, 2013
I'm disappointed in this slipper. They are comfortable, but poorly made. I have had them for less than 30 days. The mesh fabric base of the 'wool blend' lining was exposed in less than 10 days and the 'fluff' was shedding all over the house. Some of the stitching was coming undone as well. Definitely not worth the almost $60 per pair.
on December 29, 2014
On the up-side, these are definitely warm, well-made slippers with nice outdoor-worthy soles. However, normally I wear socks with my slippers, so my feet don't get sweaty, but the slippers are slightly on the small size and don't fit well with socks, even thin ones. I normally wear a 9.5-10 size shoe, so I ordered a size 10. They fit, but they are a tiny bit short and a little narrow in the toes, but I was afraid the size 11 would just flop on my feet. They have a removable eva footbed, which provides some support, but they aren't as cushiony as I expected a pair of slippers to be. They appear to be well-made and well-stitched; I even used a boot stretcher on them to widen the toes a bit, and there is no sign of loose stitching or breakage at the seams. If they were a little truer to size and weren't so expensive ($45+), I'd give them 5 stars.
on March 12, 2017
These slippers are the best. I live in the wilderness and I wear Sorel boots. When my last slippers finally bit the dust, I was looking for something with a sole. I thought these would be one of those very thin soles that are kind of worthless. NOPE! Pleasantly surprised at the robust sole. I'll continue to be a Sorel devotee until something drastic changes with them.
on January 3, 2017
I bought these for my mom for Christmas. She is not a slipper type of woman but loved these. She liked the sole so she can run to the car or outside and not worry about falling or ruining the slipper, and she says they are Warm!!

Unfortunately they run a bit small. She usually wears size 8 and she needs a 1/2 size bigger. But overall Great Product!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.