Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 28, 2010
Well, my feet are happy and I am definitely pleased with my new slippers! These slippers had a lot to live up to after all the reviews I read about them on various sites, and so far, they aren't letting me down. Honestly, I would have not regularly paid for this much for slippers for myself, but it was my 40th birthday and I told my mom I wanted some new slippers that I could slide on without having to bend over and use my hands- plus something I could wear in or out (to get the mail and such). She sent me a link with the Sorel Nakiska slides (same as these, but the part by the heal is down a little lower). I started reading reviews on those and then came across this style, with more coverage of the heal and was getting really excited at trying these for myself.

My hardest decision was the sizing. Half of the reviews I read said if you were between sizes to go up a size and half said to go down a size. I was so confused. I did not want my toes squished but I did not want to get a half size up and then have them flip flopping. I did however, decide to go up to a size 8, since I am normally a 7 1/2 and figured I could wear socks if I needed to. Well, so far- perfect fit! Glad I did not go down a half size. I mostly wear them without socks (am right now and so cozy), but I also wear them with thin socks. I do wonder if someday they will loosen up some more and then feel too loose. I hope not. I had read another review that said that they did not do that, but only time will tell.

I have to add also, that my mom did not end up getting me the slippers since I actually got a better gift, but then my mother-in-law got me some slippers that were not Sorels. They are Dearfoam and they are nice slippers- what I'm really used to. No problem with them really, as I've always worn slippers like that, and they really look similar and even have a sole I can wear outside. If I had never read all of the reviews about the Sorels, I would have been thrilled with the new Dearfoams and been happy. However, since I had now had my heart set on sinking my feet into the Sorel's, I went ahead and ordered them for myself. In the meantime, I was wearing my Dearfoams and happy with them.

My Sorels arrived and it was just as I expected after reading other reviews. I put my feet in and they felt so good- the arch support is so comfortable and the overall design makes the slippers fit like a glove to my foot. There isn't any flopping around, but they aren't tight, they just seem to form to my foot. The sole is different than the Dearfoams, as they curve up a little in the front and remind me more of a running shoe, that helps your foot as it curves to the ground. Also, a big difference from the other slipper, they are whisper quiet. The soles grip my floors (laminate and linoleum) without any slipping, and because they don't flip flop, they are more like wearing socks. This is a nice feature to me, but maybe no big deal to anyone else. I was then able to try on one Dearfoam and one Sorel at the same time. Wow! The foot in the Dearfoam was just a foot in a slipper, but my foot in the Sorel was like a foot getting a hug. Dumb analogy maybe, but really, the Sorel foot was SO comfy. I feel bad, because I am certainly not trying to bash Dearfoam here, but I'm sure it sounds that way. Really, if you just want an average slipper that doesn't cost much- then they are fine. Now though, that I've tried the Sorel's and I am expecting them to last a long time- I can't imagine not spending the extra money to get these quality slippers for my feet! I am a new Sorel customer that plans to be a repeat customer. I'm even considering giving some as gifts, knowing that other people would be just as happy.

One last thing I wanted to say- I almost call these "shoes" instead of slippers, as I am wearing them all the time I've worn them beyond my mail box and trash can outside. I've worn them to church, to the store, just wherever and whenever I can. They are that comfy. They are sturdy enough for me to wear them out (and stylish, I think), but yet, they don't feel heavy or bulky like a shoe when I'm inside. I even slipped into bed with them on my feet one night, because it was cold and I didn't to take them off. That time, I did wish I had put socks on and then I would have slipped them off. Anyway, because these are so versatile for me as well as so comfortable, I am sold, sold, sold on Sorel Nakiskas. I am certain I will buy more Sorel products for my feet! I never review, but I always read reviews. I always think that I should review on so many products that I like, but never take the time. For these though, I finally took the time. Hopefully I'll review more items from now on. The Sorels are just so great that I had to start here.
99 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2018
These slippers look super comfy and I was excited to try them on, immediately something felt off it was painful on my right foot. The sole placement/lining is misaligned and there is a sharp edge that continually presses against the foot sole. I considered exchanging as maybe this pair was a flop but for the price I'd rather not risk it. Returning.
review image
on December 27, 2017
I would have loved this slipper except that there is a scratchy, incredibly uncomfortable label on the bottom, and a matching scratchy, incredibly uncomfortable place on the sides. Not sure if this is intentional, or I just got a bad pair. It's the coldest day of the year, I have been waiting impatiently for the UPS man all day, so excited to get my superwarm shearling slippers....and I had them on for less than a minute before they were back in the box and the return label printed. Why on earth did they put those stupid labels in there?? I never write reviews but I really felt like I needed to warn others.....
on January 16, 2014
This is my second pair of Sorel slipppers. I literally walked the sole off the first pair. I wore them every day, most of the day, inside and outside for over 3 years. I live in the mountains, so that means snow and dirt. I bought them because of the removable insole. I have Orthotic insoles and easily inserted them into the slipper. I just wish there were more colors available. I had the dark brown and it wasn't available in my size, so I got the tan. When these wear out I will definitely buy another pair.
on December 7, 2017
Were received in excellent condition. High quality product!! Received exactly when Amazon said it would be. Thank you!!
on February 6, 2017
Love these slippers. Wore the last pair out & just purchased the same ones again. completely comfortable and look awesome!
on March 28, 2017
Love these and couldn't beat the price . These are my 2nd pair and very happy with them...thanks!
on November 30, 2017
This is a replacement pair. The old ones are 6 years old, have been worn in and outdoors, and have even been in the washer several times. So comfortable.
on September 18, 2017
It works well for my wife she likes them
on August 23, 2016
I'm on my second pair. I love these slippers. Highly recommend!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.