Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 21, 2015
I am sorry to say that as much as I like these slippers, they did not hold up at all. The soles have just disintegrated after only moderate use--as you can see in the attached pictures. I hesitated to spend this much money on a house slipper, but Sorel was a good brand, or so I thought. I expected to get a lot of use out of them but these only lasted a year with occasional wearing during the winter months before the sole developed a hole and then both soles began to fall apart. Very disappointed since they were warm, comfortable slippers.
review imagereview image
64 helpful votes
65 helpful votes
on October 18, 2017
I wear a 9.5 I ordered a 9.5 and they fit perfectly with bare feet and a light sock. For a heavy sock I would think I would have to take out the inserts. BUT I would be too warm then. They are oh so warm, have a nice insert with arch support ... but if you have orthotics they would fit, mine do though what is in there is fine for me. They are easy on my hardwood floors quiet for those downstairs. I am VERY happy with these. Now looking for a 2nd pair ... watching the sales... kind of expensive but worth it. The 2nd pair would be good if on sale though.
on November 15, 2011
I received these Sorel's in British Tan about 3 weeks ago. They are solid, have good support; great to use around the house and outside. The sole is thick and feels so shoe-like that I have to remember to put on real shoes if I run to the store. They don't scream "slipper", so no one would notice anyway.

We've been keeping the heat down to conserve energy and heating bils, so I wear them at least 6 hours a day. Though the back is about 3/4" lower than I'd like, they stay on without "flapping" or making me hold on with my toes. I normally wear a 7 1/2 or 8 shoe so I decided on Size 8. They slipped on so easily I was worried that the fluffy interior would mat down and I'd have a loose slipper. Well, the interior has matted down, but they still don't fall off when I'm walking. The top comes back far enough toward the ankle that they stay on even when walking up stairs. I can wear thin socks which keep my ankles and feet warmer still. Warmth was the deciding factor when deciding on the Sorel's.

I'm satisfied with the fit and the quality spot-on. They're not as cheap as some of the other slippers on Amazon, but $55 for foot comfort that will last at least all this winter is fine. If a good product is made, people will buy them. In my book, they deserve the high ratings seen here.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on March 23, 2017
I really love these slippers, aside from two things: 1) Less than a month of wearing them a small hole in the stitching (where the sole attaches to the upper suede) started to develop on one shoe. It's progressed slowly, but is disappointing nonetheless. I purchased these shoes 0.5 to 1 size larger than my shoe size (I got an 11, but usually wear a 10-10.5) because I wanted to be able to wear large wool socks when it's extra cold, and to still have room so my toes have plenty of wiggle space. Now that the inter material has flattened, there's a lot of room, almost too much (better than too little in my book). The hole, therefore, is NOT because my toe has put any undue pressure in that spot. 2) I wish they had a bit more cushion (almost no slippers seem to these days though) and some arch support. I actually added orthotics which made these feel fabulous when standing/walking for any time. Aside from the one hole the shoes have worn really well and held up to constant use this winter. I received the shoes Dec 11th and have worn them for hours most every day to today, March 23. They're great for being able to walk outside for a bit if needed as well and I love the nonslip outsole.
on January 29, 2016
From the posted reviews, I expected these to be a superior slipper vs what you may find at Target or Kohls. To me, they aren't worth the money. Sure, they're warm. But, they're not any more comfortable than the standard padded slippers. In fact, the stiffness of the cuff part is rather bothersome at times. The cushioning is no different, actually, there's not much cushion to the sole at all. For $56, I expected more.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 26, 2014
These slippers were great when they first arrived. However, after 30 days the lining is worn out and the padding in the sole is almost completely compressed. The faux fur looks awful and is worn through to the mesh layer. For slippers that cost $60 I expected much better quality. These slippers will be going into the trash very soon as they are not even keeping my feet warm anymore.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on January 15, 2014
Purchased this slipper for my wife after my son thoroughly enjoyed a pair similar to these. Originally purchased a 9M (my wife's shoe size), but it ran small and was uncomfortable in the heal. After Amazon shipped an incorrect replacement slipper in a larger size, I then purchased an 11M (from another site), which actually fit her feet pretty well. HOWEVER, the wonderful inner lining is brought together in a gathered seam DIRECTLY on the achillies tenden area. This makes them very uncomfortable to wear for any period of time. Had to return these as well. I went and looked at my son's pair. It also has the gathered seam in the same location. However, it is not nearly as prominant as the women's variety was.

It is very unfortunate. It would seem that the seam could be brought together in a different fashion to limit how much it sticks out or could possible be designed to be brought together somewhere else (I know stitching a shoe/slipper together typically involves a seam at the heal) for the lining.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on February 8, 2016
I bought the manawan or flacon ridge Sorel slippers for my father, father in law, brother in law and my husband - they all love them and say they are the best slippers ever. I thought I deserved to get myself a pair since they are so great. I've had these a couple weeks and love them. Sizing - I wear a 7.5, but on occasion I get a size 7 (I have never needed to upsize to an 8), so I went with the 7. I can feel the end of them with sock on and they are snug - but not uncomfortable. They are perfect when barefoot - and I do expect them to pack out a little still. My mum wants a pair so I had her try mine on because she is a size 7.5 and I thought she would need the 8 - but she said no she said the 7 fit her perfectly. She's has a hair longer foot than me - but is REALLY narrow (AAA) where I am an average B width. My brother in law has had his Manawan's over a year and they are still in great shape. He wears them continually - inside and out, more like a tennis shoe than a slipper. I wish them made a womens version that didn't look so "slippery" with the fuzzy top - but I will wear them to the store and for errands - so it obviously isn't that big of an issue for me.
on January 15, 2016
I bought a pair of these in 2010, and just wore the heck out of them for the next 5 years. They were worn almost constantly fall-spring (cooler months) when I was home in the evenings and my days off. They handled short trips outside and spills in the kitchen and still looked fantastic (and this was in the lighter tan color!). I was in the navy and even took them on deployment aboard my ship for short trips between my bed and the bathroom (not attached, so I had to walk down hallways). Ships are not gentle, but the slippers took it in stride. The bottoms finally started to get thin and the stitching started to give way around the soles, so I decided it was time to retire them and bought a new pair (which, since I've been wearing them for the past couple of months, show every sign of holding up just as well as the last ones), and use the old as a travel pair. GREAT slippers, will absolutely buy again years from now when the current ones wear out. Note: I've never had a problem with my arches, so I can't comment on their support. I HAVE stood for hours in these things in the kitchen with no problems, though, so it was sufficient for me.
on January 25, 2013
My feet were cold at home so I ordered these slippers to wear around the house in the winter. I had Sorel boots in the past and was impressed with their quality and warmth. These slippers are warm and cozy and look great on. They are nicely stitched suede with a 50% wool 50% polyester lining. The rubber sole is thick and durable but I would not advise walking on ice with them as there is no tread on the soles, just a pebble finish which is fine for indoors. They have a cushioned feel to them. You do not feel like you are barefoot like you might in less expensive, less substantial slippers. I put them on the minute I step in the house and don't take them off again until bed time. I wear them with socks in the winter. In the summer I imagine they would be too warm with socks. I am pleased with this purchase.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.