Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 977 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,035 reviews
on November 28, 2010
Well, my feet are happy and I am definitely pleased with my new slippers! These slippers had a lot to live up to after all the reviews I read about them on various sites, and so far, they aren't letting me down. Honestly, I would have not regularly paid for this much for slippers for myself, but it was my 40th birthday and I told my mom I wanted some new slippers that I could slide on without having to bend over and use my hands- plus something I could wear in or out (to get the mail and such). She sent me a link with the Sorel Nakiska slides (same as these, but the part by the heal is down a little lower). I started reading reviews on those and then came across this style, with more coverage of the heal and was getting really excited at trying these for myself.

My hardest decision was the sizing. Half of the reviews I read said if you were between sizes to go up a size and half said to go down a size. I was so confused. I did not want my toes squished but I did not want to get a half size up and then have them flip flopping. I did however, decide to go up to a size 8, since I am normally a 7 1/2 and figured I could wear socks if I needed to. Well, so far- perfect fit! Glad I did not go down a half size. I mostly wear them without socks (am right now and so cozy), but I also wear them with thin socks. I do wonder if someday they will loosen up some more and then feel too loose. I hope not. I had read another review that said that they did not do that, but only time will tell.

I have to add also, that my mom did not end up getting me the slippers since I actually got a better gift, but then my mother-in-law got me some slippers that were not Sorels. They are Dearfoam and they are nice slippers- what I'm really used to. No problem with them really, as I've always worn slippers like that, and they really look similar and even have a sole I can wear outside. If I had never read all of the reviews about the Sorels, I would have been thrilled with the new Dearfoams and been happy. However, since I had now had my heart set on sinking my feet into the Sorel's, I went ahead and ordered them for myself. In the meantime, I was wearing my Dearfoams and happy with them.

My Sorels arrived and it was just as I expected after reading other reviews. I put my feet in and they felt so good- the arch support is so comfortable and the overall design makes the slippers fit like a glove to my foot. There isn't any flopping around, but they aren't tight, they just seem to form to my foot. The sole is different than the Dearfoams, as they curve up a little in the front and remind me more of a running shoe, that helps your foot as it curves to the ground. Also, a big difference from the other slipper, they are whisper quiet. The soles grip my floors (laminate and linoleum) without any slipping, and because they don't flip flop, they are more like wearing socks. This is a nice feature to me, but maybe no big deal to anyone else. I was then able to try on one Dearfoam and one Sorel at the same time. Wow! The foot in the Dearfoam was just a foot in a slipper, but my foot in the Sorel was like a foot getting a hug. Dumb analogy maybe, but really, the Sorel foot was SO comfy. I feel bad, because I am certainly not trying to bash Dearfoam here, but I'm sure it sounds that way. Really, if you just want an average slipper that doesn't cost much- then they are fine. Now though, that I've tried the Sorel's and I am expecting them to last a long time- I can't imagine not spending the extra money to get these quality slippers for my feet! I am a new Sorel customer that plans to be a repeat customer. I'm even considering giving some as gifts, knowing that other people would be just as happy.

One last thing I wanted to say- I almost call these "shoes" instead of slippers, as I am wearing them all the time I've worn them beyond my mail box and trash can outside. I've worn them to church, to the store, just wherever and whenever I can. They are that comfy. They are sturdy enough for me to wear them out (and stylish, I think), but yet, they don't feel heavy or bulky like a shoe when I'm inside. I even slipped into bed with them on my feet one night, because it was cold and I didn't to take them off. That time, I did wish I had put socks on and then I would have slipped them off. Anyway, because these are so versatile for me as well as so comfortable, I am sold, sold, sold on Sorel Nakiskas. I am certain I will buy more Sorel products for my feet! I never review, but I always read reviews. I always think that I should review on so many products that I like, but never take the time. For these though, I finally took the time. Hopefully I'll review more items from now on. The Sorels are just so great that I had to start here.
99 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I am sorry to say that as much as I like these slippers, they did not hold up at all. The soles have just disintegrated after only moderate use--as you can see in the attached pictures. I hesitated to spend this much money on a house slipper, but Sorel was a good brand, or so I thought. I expected to get a lot of use out of them but these only lasted a year with occasional wearing during the winter months before the sole developed a hole and then both soles began to fall apart. Very disappointed since they were warm, comfortable slippers.
review image review image
on November 15, 2011
I received these Sorel's in British Tan about 3 weeks ago. They are solid, have good support; great to use around the house and outside. The sole is thick and feels so shoe-like that I have to remember to put on real shoes if I run to the store. They don't scream "slipper", so no one would notice anyway.

We've been keeping the heat down to conserve energy and heating bils, so I wear them at least 6 hours a day. Though the back is about 3/4" lower than I'd like, they stay on without "flapping" or making me hold on with my toes. I normally wear a 7 1/2 or 8 shoe so I decided on Size 8. They slipped on so easily I was worried that the fluffy interior would mat down and I'd have a loose slipper. Well, the interior has matted down, but they still don't fall off when I'm walking. The top comes back far enough toward the ankle that they stay on even when walking up stairs. I can wear thin socks which keep my ankles and feet warmer still. Warmth was the deciding factor when deciding on the Sorel's.

I'm satisfied with the fit and the quality spot-on. They're not as cheap as some of the other slippers on Amazon, but $55 for foot comfort that will last at least all this winter is fine. If a good product is made, people will buy them. In my book, they deserve the high ratings seen here.
on February 11, 2017
I've been buying these for years, but this pair didn't fit like the others. The opening is so large that I walked right out of them -- and usually the opening is snug. I don't know how to return these and try again for a more normal fit. I want the slippers, but I can't wear something that literally fall off as soon as I take one step! I know from my other pairs of same brand in same size --its these slippers, my size hasn't changed. Can I try again with you? I don't want to pay shipping again for a product that was clearly not normal size.
on March 23, 2017
I really love these slippers, aside from two things: 1) Less than a month of wearing them a small hole in the stitching (where the sole attaches to the upper suede) started to develop on one shoe. It's progressed slowly, but is disappointing nonetheless. I purchased these shoes 0.5 to 1 size larger than my shoe size (I got an 11, but usually wear a 10-10.5) because I wanted to be able to wear large wool socks when it's extra cold, and to still have room so my toes have plenty of wiggle space. Now that the inter material has flattened, there's a lot of room, almost too much (better than too little in my book). The hole, therefore, is NOT because my toe has put any undue pressure in that spot. 2) I wish they had a bit more cushion (almost no slippers seem to these days though) and some arch support. I actually added orthotics which made these feel fabulous when standing/walking for any time. Aside from the one hole the shoes have worn really well and held up to constant use this winter. I received the shoes Dec 11th and have worn them for hours most every day to today, March 23. They're great for being able to walk outside for a bit if needed as well and I love the nonslip outsole.
on January 29, 2016
From the posted reviews, I expected these to be a superior slipper vs what you may find at Target or Kohls. To me, they aren't worth the money. Sure, they're warm. But, they're not any more comfortable than the standard padded slippers. In fact, the stiffness of the cuff part is rather bothersome at times. The cushioning is no different, actually, there's not much cushion to the sole at all. For $56, I expected more.
on January 26, 2014
These slippers were great when they first arrived. However, after 30 days the lining is worn out and the padding in the sole is almost completely compressed. The faux fur looks awful and is worn through to the mesh layer. For slippers that cost $60 I expected much better quality. These slippers will be going into the trash very soon as they are not even keeping my feet warm anymore.
on January 22, 2016
I originally order another brand of slippers which I was not happy with. It was the first time I ever returned anything from online shopping. I am glad I did because I decided on my Sorel Slippers. They are very comfy, good quality and offer support. I like the removable foot insert. I sprayed them with a water repellant to keep them protected. I didn't see anyone else mention they did this but asked this as a question and got good feedback. The process didn't affect the look of the slippers. They were shipped super fast. The previous slippers I tried took forever to arrive so I was really happy about the deliver service. I was expecting a little bit more arch support but they are extra supportive and feel good. I have foot pain in my arch area so needed something that was comfortable and light. I am happy with these slippers. As the commercial says my feet are happy. :-)
on January 15, 2014
Purchased this slipper for my wife after my son thoroughly enjoyed a pair similar to these. Originally purchased a 9M (my wife's shoe size), but it ran small and was uncomfortable in the heal. After Amazon shipped an incorrect replacement slipper in a larger size, I then purchased an 11M (from another site), which actually fit her feet pretty well. HOWEVER, the wonderful inner lining is brought together in a gathered seam DIRECTLY on the achillies tenden area. This makes them very uncomfortable to wear for any period of time. Had to return these as well. I went and looked at my son's pair. It also has the gathered seam in the same location. However, it is not nearly as prominant as the women's variety was.

It is very unfortunate. It would seem that the seam could be brought together in a different fashion to limit how much it sticks out or could possible be designed to be brought together somewhere else (I know stitching a shoe/slipper together typically involves a seam at the heal) for the lining.
on February 8, 2016
I bought the manawan or flacon ridge Sorel slippers for my father, father in law, brother in law and my husband - they all love them and say they are the best slippers ever. I thought I deserved to get myself a pair since they are so great. I've had these a couple weeks and love them. Sizing - I wear a 7.5, but on occasion I get a size 7 (I have never needed to upsize to an 8), so I went with the 7. I can feel the end of them with sock on and they are snug - but not uncomfortable. They are perfect when barefoot - and I do expect them to pack out a little still. My mum wants a pair so I had her try mine on because she is a size 7.5 and I thought she would need the 8 - but she said no she said the 7 fit her perfectly. She's has a hair longer foot than me - but is REALLY narrow (AAA) where I am an average B width. My brother in law has had his Manawan's over a year and they are still in great shape. He wears them continually - inside and out, more like a tennis shoe than a slipper. I wish them made a womens version that didn't look so "slippery" with the fuzzy top - but I will wear them to the store and for errands - so it obviously isn't that big of an issue for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.