- Audio CD (March 20, 2006)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Single
- Label: Warner Bros.
- ASIN: B000E6UKCI
- Average Customer Review: 57 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #252,786 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
Sorry [DJ Version] (DMD Maxi)
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
US maxi version features all of the tracks found on the UK two-part edition. Six tracks in all including the Man With Guitar Mix, PSB Maxi-Mix, Paul Oakenfold Remix, Green Velvet Remix and 'Let It Will Be' (Paper Faces Mix). Warner. 2006.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All the "Sorry" mixes on this CD brings something new to the song. It's catchy, it's really a re-invented song and I didn't feel like my money was wasted on this one. The only rather weak mix is the "Let it Will Be" track which just sounds under-produced and low quality. Otherwise, this is definately a single and song that you need to check out. You will not be "sorry" at all.
1. Sorry (Single Edit) - the version we've all been hearing on the radio. Basically the album cut with a fade-out ending. With the very catchy and unapologetic lyrics "I've heard it all before", this may very well be one of the few kiss-off songs Madonna's done that come across with a kiss-my-ass attitude. 5 stars
2. Sorry (Man With Guitar Edit) - this edit of Sorry is probably one of my favorites on this Maxi. It is basically an extended version of this song with a crazy synthetic guitar thromping throughout. It's very reminiscent of Madonna's early days a'la "Burning Up". 5 Stars
3. Sorry (PSB Maxi-Mix) - Pet Shop Boys. That's enough said to warrant this a must have cut of Sorry. I'm surprised at the amount of freshness that is exuded by this remix. It very cleverly uses the original music from the song, only re-recorded, and gives it a very retro-futuristic sound. 5 stars
4. Sorry (Paul Oakenfold Remix) - ahh... good ole' Oakenfold. This is the first remix I've liked of his since he remixed "Hollywood". It almost sounds like he samples "As the Rush Comes" by Motorcycle through the song. The lyrical content is very cut-down. Mostly just the hook is repeated through the song, but it's still very upbeat and a great song for the clubs. 4 1/2 Stars
5. Sorry (Green Velvet Remix) - This remix is just okay. It's got these beep noises throughout that get kind've annoying, but the way Madonna's lyrics resonate over the beeping is enough to save the song. This is a great remix due to the way they looped the lyrics. They make it sound like Madge is singing "he's sorry" in a very arrogant, 'I'm so over you' way. 4 1/2 stars
6. Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Vocal Edit) - The only non-Sorry mix on the Maxi. Although it's exciting to hear one of the songs that will not likely be a single from the album remixed, it's not a very good mix. It takes away from the original's beat and lyrical content, as well as becomes repetative very quickly, which isn't a good thing for a 5 and a half minute song. But it isn't terrible, so I'd say 4 stars
All in all, I'd say that this is a necessity for any music collection. Madonna's hardcore fans will be glad for the remixes and the gorgeous cover photo.
4 1/2 Stars Total.
Releasing this as the second single is Madonna and her team's smartest move, making up for the huge mistake of releasing "Hollywood" as the second single from "American Life." Coupled with brilliant mixes, this is one of the hottest single with dance mixes to hit the racks since classics like "It's Not Right (But it's Okay)." The Paul Oakenfold mix as well as the Pet Shop Boys mix provide awesome takes on an already powerful dance track, providing a different angle to one of the neatest pop releases in a very long time. The radio edit version of "Sorry" continues to shine and stand on its own as well.
A great (and welcome) surprise on this CD is the inclusion of the Paper Faces Vocal Edit of "Let It Will Be" - my personal favorite track on "Confessions..." This is among Madonna's strongest work to date, and will hopefully be released as a single on its as well.
Most recent customer reviews