Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 380 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 440 reviews
on March 26, 2017
I love this book! Craig Groeschel writes this in a way that's easy to understand, and the book motivates us to pay closer attention to the things we allow into our spirits. I highly recommend it!
on January 2, 2017
My Bible study group ordered this guide along with the video and the book to use for our study this year. We (wrongly) assumed that all three of these were designed to be used together. The Participant Guide is set up to go with the video which has five sessions. References are made to the book in the Guide, directing the participants to read a specific chapter that relates to the topic for that session.However, the book has twelve chapters and there are no discussion questions or study suggestions for the chapters that are not covered in the videos.
That said, the guide serves well to prompt discussion about the video and is probably a good study for young Christians.
on January 10, 2016
This book as required reading for our means small group. I read it in less than a month and it was enjoyable. This is a good book for new believers because it lays a lot of ground work. I also think it is a good refresher for mature believers because often times we neglect the fundamentals (which this book lays out really well.) His writing style is easy to read and he seems like an approachable guy I could sit down and watch football with and he wouldn't scold me if a bad word came out.

The only reason I gave this book four stars is that there were a few things I didn't agree with. Nothing earth shattering, simply nuances of how to deal with certain situations and people. Overall, it was a good book!
on April 1, 2013
I recoomend this book to anyone that is looking for a closer walk with the Lord and for those that are praying for purpose whether it be for ministry or in life in general. Soul Detox will help to clear out the junk in your life that is keeping you for hearing the voice of the Lord as He gives direction and purpose to our lives. We are bombarded with so much negative junk that it is easy to loose direction. There were a couple of surprising discoveries: some of what I thought was acceptable 'junk' was actually emotional, spiritual and physical junk that I needed to toss. Good read.
on November 21, 2014
Living in the world can feel isolating when we're trying hard to be in it, but not of it. Groeschel provides scripture and strategies, along with real life illustrations to encourage the reader to think and pray more deeply to find the ways God wants the reader to "blend." The rationale for establishing firm boundaries is well explained and causes this reader to realize what few things need to be reigned in.
on March 15, 2016
We used this book as part of our women's group bible study and definitely worth getting and reading. We watched the video that the church provided in our sessions and I had purchased the workbook/guide to go with it. The only thing is that the video did not go in the same order as the book and it was difficult to go along with the workbook. Otherwise, very worthy of purchase and subject matter.
on January 29, 2015
This is an awesome read. It has caused me to look inside myself and see that I have some cleaning out to do. I'm teaching this at my church and it's so simply put that the people are getting it. They realize the scars on their lives from what was said and done to them does not have to be permanent. I've only done the 1st session (Lethal Lanaguage) and that has opened up a whole dialogue within itself.
I'm thankful for Craig for writing this.
Would definitely recommend to any pastor or church leader.
on March 28, 2017
Such a good book for cleaning up one's life. Good material.
on December 2, 2016
This book is very enlightening if you want to understand why you think like you do...this will open up a new spiritual understanding as God heals and cleanses your soul.
on April 18, 2015
I striong,y recommend this book! Especially the leaders, like myself, need to hear strong and bold (truthful) facts! Compromising is the problem nowadays and this book made me to think deeply about myself. Now I have this urge to Strive farther for The Lord. Also I LOVE the way Craig writes! He's so open and gives me such comfort - also HOPE! I will read all his other books. Once you see how he speaks through his words, you'd be amazed as I was. Very rare nowadays! Bless ya Craig! You are a GIFTED author and pastor!