Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 586 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 659 reviews
on June 5, 2017
Self-care is a critical and often neglected part of the spiritual life. Ortberg reminds readers of its importance and gives practical advice and personal insight into practicing personal self-care to remain spiritually, physically, and emotionally healthy.
on August 16, 2014
This book perhaps is more suited to a new Christian. There isn't too much In Depth information here. For me it's value was found in the last two chapters and In getting to know the person of Dallas Willard. Long a respected and revered person among clergymen, I have always found the writing of Dallas Willard plodding but Soul Keeping opened up to me the remarkable person he was. If this homage to Willard was one of John Ortberg's purposes, he accomplished it well and has spurred me on to try again to read the writing of this remarkable man of God.
on April 30, 2017
John Ortberg's book is a wonderful quest for understanding and caring for our soul. His poignant illustrations and his personal relationship with Dallas Willard helped me to ponder the state of my soul.
It is a simple book, yet deeply profound. How deep it is is dependent on what the reader chooses to do with it...
on August 23, 2016
One of the best books I have ever read. Use to discover what your soul actually is and how to take care of it. A beautiful life changer, for a non-believer or someone who knows the bible well.
on April 18, 2017
This book brought peaceful hours to my day. This is a time when we really need to keep our souls attuned to truth. This book will help if you have that hunger.
on November 29, 2014
We had a class using this book in our Presbyterian church and this was following several years of studying a Disciple series of books that are Bible based. I am glad I read this book but it seemed that the guide did not lead us into the type of discussions that actually do feed the soul. Perhaps it was just the vast difference between the two types of studies. At times I felt that the author gave TMI (too much information) about himself. It may be that this is a book that is better read alone.
on January 22, 2016
I loved the honesty found in these pages. Life is seldom without challenges and human soul complex I loved the main idea that we are keepers of our own soul; we alone can cause it to thrive despite our circumstances.
on August 28, 2015
Soul Keeping stirred my heart. John Ortberg is a phenomenal writer as he helps us to understand our inner self, rather than our outer self. This book is deep and made me think about areas of my life that i prefer to avoid. It also helped me to understand the importance of rest. Great book.
on August 28, 2017
The emphasis is on the fact that the body is simply a container for YOU the soul. This is
startling news for millions. The decline of organized religion in the US has presented us
with a need for education of the people about the duality of humans.
on August 9, 2016
This is an amazing and life-changing book! I recommend it whole-heartedly and know that I personally will re-read it many times even though I don't usually enjoy non-fiction. This author strikes a perfect balance between telling stories and drawing out spiritual applications.