Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
"The Soul of Leadership" is a guidebook that not only encourages us to step up and take a leadership role in our lives and our communities, it shows us exactly how to do it. Deepak Chopra based this book on a course that he teaches at Kellogg's School of Business at Northwestern University. We may not be so lucky as to be able to take his class at this prestigious school, but we can read the book, and benefit from the wisdom in it. I'd like to see every college student have this book as required reading. The potential for greatness is within each one of us. By accessing it we help ourselves, and the world. Isn't that what we need right now?
on February 27, 2011
This book is inspired by a course that Deepak Chopra teaches at Kellogg's School of Business at Northwestern University. It is full of great wisdom and practical advice.

Chopra points out that a great leader has a vision that inspires others, and the ability manifest this vision. Where does this ability to manifest a vision come from? It comes from knowing your spiritual self and from being aligned with and rooted in a place of inner peace, love and joy on the level of the soul. Both emotional and spiritual intelligence are needed. Additionally a leader needs to understand and know how to meet the different levels of needs within the group.

A great leader leads the group towards evolution instead of stagnation, towards an increase in the group's consciousness instead of a decrease, towards expansion instead of constriction, and towards serving the souls purpose instead of the opposite. Chopra also warns against leadership traps such as: obsessing over risk, avoiding problems, not being in tune with the groups needs, not taking responsibility for bad decisions and their consequences, blaming others and making excuses, craving approval and reassurance, not delegating authority - or delegating but still keeping a tight grip on all decisions, looking out more for yourself than the group, only listening to a few select voices, lying or covering up the truth.

The book guides you with Chopra's L-E-A-D-E-R-S formula:
-Look and Listen both inside and outside of you on the level of body, mind heart, and the soul, and ask the right questions.
-Emotionally bond with employees and customers and form real relationships. Employees need to feel they are truly part of the business, so deep motivation, and a sense of purpose and loyalty can form.
-Awareness is important so you can be conscious of who you are and of your impact on others, as well as the role of the business in the world. Intuition allows the leader to go beyond logic and reason, but still use those for justification.
-Do and be action oriented. Allow your vision to come to life.
-Empowerment beyond the ego level ("I", "me", and "mine") motivates and enables both you and employees to contribute.
-Responsibility is the freedom to choose and make changes. Allow employees the freedom to take their own risks. This means allowing both your own and employees' growth and expansion.
-Synchronicity is generated from the level of the soul, and it purposefully paves the way for the change you are looking for. This goes far beyond good luck.

Read this book so you can learn to know yourself and increase your ability to manifest change in an effective way, both inside and in the world. Allow yourself to move towards greatness!

Spiritual Stepping Stones - Kindle Edition, Spiritual Stepping Stones - Paperback Edition.
on May 20, 2013
You can never go wrong with Deepak Chopra. He uses a very simple and easy style so you don't feel lost in gobbly-gook talk like some other new age speakers have.
on February 14, 2012
I am a huge fan of writings from Deepak Chopra. This is an amazing book and has great insights to help us along the leadership path. I also had a great experience with the shipper. No problems!!!
on May 29, 2012
excellent book when you feel a little lost and need to find your self again.
It's a book to keep reading over and over again
on January 13, 2014
There are very inspiring stories about great Leaders inside this book. Stories that really changed the reality of many people around the world for better. The book helped to create bound with other people around me. Makes me reflect about the meaning of "Responsibility" and others good reflections: "What is my role in this situation?" ; "Look and Listen" ; etc.

This is a unbelievable book! I really recommend that!
on November 3, 2013
This book gives great insight on leadership without ego. It challenges one to look deep within one's self and others to tap into the greatness that lies within. It's a great book for anyone who wants to unlock the great leader within themself.
on May 10, 2013
I'm a big fan of Deepak Chopra's philosophy and world view. I find his approach and insights useful, thought provoking and so immensely kind. This is my kind of leadership and I wish more leaders would adopt this way of being.
on October 2, 2013
I rated five (5) stars "The Soul Of Leadership" because with it Deepak Chopra makes and in depth penetration of the human soul with the purpose that the interested reader that follows the book guide himself through the different relationships in his life experiences.
The potential reader should not be confused by the title of the book and think that it is for persons that are currently considered leaders according to our usual leaders standards. The book goes far beyond the current leaders standards and asserts that synchronicity of the soul is the hidden support of real visionary leaders which any of us can attain revising and following our beliefs accordingly.
I strongly recommend reading and absorbing in depth the soul nourishment offered by Deepak Chopra with this book.
on February 6, 2011
The Soul of Leadership: Unlocking Your Potential for Greatness
This book is more like a lesson book you would use in a class as opposed to reading. I thought it would be more like a book instead. In each Chapter, (most) it will have you sort of do a lesson wheter it's in writing or in your mind. That isn't something I am interested in, so far, it's repetitive and learned maybe one or two things.