Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on July 14, 2015
This novella provides an excellent starting point for Ms. Bybee's two werewolf novels. In this story the werewolf is actually a woman whose parents were attacked and killed by a pack of werewolves when she was 18 years old. Her younger sister escaped unharmed, but she was bitten by one of the werewolves, so she is now a werewolf for the rest of her life.

The woman works as a private investigator who uses her unique abilities to her own advantage. The author establishes the "ground rules" for her particular "werewolf universe" in this story, which remain fairly consistent in the novels that follow. The primary theme developed here is that the woman werewolf is cursed to live a solitary life, not sharing her affliction with anyone, even her sister. This same theme resonates even more strongly in the two novels, where the protagonists are members of a werewolf family that goes back several generations.

Family ties and loyalties play a primary role in many of Bybee's novels, starting with the wonderful "Not Quite ..." series that got me hooked (for life!) on this author's work. Equally important to this story and the ones that follow, is that the lead character must find the courage to reach out, which means making herself vulnerable, in hopes of finding the lifetime love that she thought would be impossible. In this instance, the term "Soul Mate" refers specifically to a particular trait of werewolves: they mate for life.

This one's a quick, easy read that remains enjoyable every time I come back to it. Highly recommended!
on July 15, 2017
It's short but oh, so sweet! Get it, you won't regret it! Great little read, Catherine. Thank you!
on February 22, 2015
Not long enough to do a proper storyline and character development. It starts off ok, the middle is rushed as well. Totally unbelievable ending for me. It could have been good, but it wasn't. Too bad. If I had read this short story as my first introduction,I would never have read anything else she wrote. Fortunately for me that wasn't the case as I really enjoyed her time travel novels and plan to buy any more in the series.

I cannot recommend this. It's a waste of time even at the very low price. Get her romance novels and or her time travel series if you want a good read.
on September 26, 2014
What is this with these 10 or 11 chapter books that you pay for and then read in 2 hours? This is really annoying, especially since I liked the female werewolf character. She was really intriguing. Either I need to pay more attention to the descriptions of these books or the facts about the books should say you are getting a short story. Maybe I need to go back to the library so I can see exactly what I'm getting, along with the barbecued potato chip crumbs that I found in the last book I borrowed!
on October 4, 2014
Short, sweet, sexy hot and just plain awesome. Sparks flew between Kari and Nick. While I would have liked it a little bit longer it was still an awesome novella.
on August 18, 2014
A short story, well worth the read, there was never a dull moment. The story flowed, it was interesting, touched the heart and left me smiling. Highly recommend it.
on December 29, 2013
I absolutely loved this short little story. Ms. Bybee packed a whole lot of character and emotional punch into a short story. I got truly vested in Kari and Nick's HEA. I wish there was more. Happy reading!
on August 7, 2016
I love fantasy, especially when it's current, meaning today's timeliness. This book is so well written and it pulls you in right from the Start! If you like love stories and a little absurd fantasy then you'll love this book and others written by this author!
on May 5, 2014
I loved the new characters in this book. When I purchased this book I was hoping it was a novella to go with the Ritter Werewolves series.
on October 17, 2013
I actually liked the book but it left me with some questions regarding the story. The ending could of been explained better as to how the agency knew of the heroine life story etc.