BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Soul of Nowhere
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$10.40+ $3.99 shipping

on May 20, 2017
Excellent!
on December 30, 2016
This wonderful book reads like a long-form poem. And I'm not talking about the self-absorbed-I've-suffered-trauma BS that frames most modern poetry. This about something bigger than the illusionary individual self. The soul that is everywhere... hidden in plain sight.
on August 14, 2014
Not my favorite Craig Childs book, but still a good read. If I were recommending a Crag Childs book to a first time reader, I would recommend "Finders Keepers", "House of Rain" or "The Animal Dialogues". As always, well written by the author but much of the action is in his head and heart.
on May 11, 2015
I may be a bit "prejudicial" on this book, but ... I've really enjoyed all of the books (and other articles, inc. in "Arizona Highways") the Craig Childs has written. I am a "nature freak" and love poetry, too ... and both of these tend to draw me into what Childs has written. Another good book.
on August 10, 2014
Had a difficult time with this book. Slow and meticulous read. I won't be reading anymore of his books. Childs has a unique way of describing things and an extensive vocabulary. Some of the hikes are truly extraordinary. The Southwest deserts and canyons are truly dangerous places and he seems to enjoy this kind of stuff. Just not my cup of tea.
on August 22, 2008
I read this book with a highlighter pen, marking passages about the places, and comments about humans relating to their inner soul and to nature. I found it deeply personal and, therefore, may not be everyone's "cup of tea". The writing at times was amazing and then just good.
This is a collection of the author's experiences, both interior and exterior. It is called the Soul of Nowhere! and documents his exploration of places, the soul of such places and his own soul in relation to the Soul of Nowhere.
This is not really a travelogue or a documented adventure. It is a man's journey, spiritually and physically.
on February 16, 2017
all craig childs books are tops....serious information and very, very readable...this among others is a keeper.
on May 20, 2014
Childs makes nowhere turn into everywhere. Excellent and required for anyone interested in the Southwest. I wish he would publish a book of his photos and drawing.
on January 21, 2013
Another great Craig Childs. Words that speak to the soul. Stories that flow, and takes you to great desert landscapes. And best of all takes you to a different perspective.
on November 25, 2013
Craig Childs is unbeatable. I love his stories of the southwest - a blend of adventure, history, archeology and great beauty. Childs is an exception author and man.