Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 5, 2010
I already wrote a review, but somehow it got lost and didn't get posted. That was a bummer, but the good news is that now I can speak from more and deeper personal experience, and even more enthusiasm for what Annie hath wrought! Soul to Soul Parenting is truly an invaluable resource for parents and families, and grandparents as well. The format is very user-friendly, with the themes and activities summarized and developed in an easy-to-access, organized way. I appreciate that the language is universal, not just for one group or religion, but for any parents who want to bring more light and consciousness into their family life, activities, and conversations. I have given the book to my kids and have received positive feedback and appreciation from them, so it makes a good gift as well! As a grandmother, I have introduced some of the ideas during family meals and the warm sharing that resulted was very heartening.

Buy your copy now, and then send it to parents in your life!

Jill Schroder AuthorBECOMING: Journeying Toward Authenticity
on September 13, 2015
Loved this book! So many great tips on how to bring some more "soul" into your life and into your family's lives. A must read!
on May 24, 2010
My friends and I have been eagerly waiting for this book to be published - for good reason!! We went to one of Annie's Soul to Soul Parenting workshops and are thrilled to finally have it all at our fingertips... This guide is an incredible resource for those who wish to learn how they can realistically share with their families of all ages a journey of acceptance, kindness, self confidence, and love... You will ear mark this book like crazy!! Thank you, Annie, for being so generous with your life experiences!!
3 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2010
"Soul to Soul Parenting" is a divinely inspired gem of a book filled with practical wisdom that should be in the home of any parent who wants to know how to raise spiritually conscious children. I highly recommend this book!"

Susan Wisehart, MS, LMFT, NCSP, Licensed Marriage and Familly therapist and Nationally Certified School Psychologit and international author of
"Soul Visioning: Clear the Past, Create Your Future" Soul Visioning: Clear the Past, Create Your Future
on June 17, 2010
This is a great book/handbook to help us all raise kids who are more aware of the true importance of our world. The book and all its wonderful ideas in it help us stop and parent with spirit and soul in mind. It (the book) gets us out of the "thinking" and "doing" and helps us be. Instead of doing-- we and our children are being.
One person found this helpful
on October 12, 2010
Based on the other reviews, it's clear this book has many fans already (of which I am now one), so I'll try and provide some additional detail about the book that may help you decide if it's right for you and your family.

The main audience for this book is parents who consider themselves spiritual, but are not necessarily religiously affiliated. However, because the book is organized around general spiritual themes that are valued in many religions, I feel there is also a lot of material here that any parent could draw from, including religiously affiliated ones (and atheist/agnostic parents as well, for that matter.) The key is selecting approaches that work for you and your family, and the author stresses this continually - that a spiritually conscious family doesn't look one way or talk one way.

The book is organized around two main sections - Vehicles and Themes. The Vehicles are ideas for places, times and ways to integrate spiritual themes into your daily life as a family. Examples are family discussions, family rituals, vision boards, role play, art projects, or, my personal favorite 'make-her-day moments'. Some are formal and some are more casual. The Themes are values or topics that you can explore with your family, such as connectedness, authenticity, gratitude, cause/effect/free Will, mindfulness and more.

The vehicles and themes provide a framework for you to consider how best to integrate spirituality into your family life. I lean more towards a very unstructured approach - modeling being front and center - and I also have read a lot of 'mindful parenting' type books, so I initially wasn't sure how much I would get out of this one. But I found this really gave me a lot of new ideas, and inspired me to become more conscious in the way I am integrating spirituality into our lives, especially as my children grow older.

One of the things I especially appreciated was the book, movie and music suggestions, corresponding to each theme for both children and adults. The appendix also lists all the suggestions in list form, and the children's spiritual book list is probably one of the most comprehensive I have seen. I also appreciated many of the author's personal sharings about her spiritual path and family.

A note on language: The spiritual language of this book is very much in the vein of Eckhart Tolle (Power of Now, New Earth), Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations with God), and Esther and Jerry Hicks (Law of Attraction teachings). Although I have read all these authors and appreciate them, in general my own language tends to be more Buddhist in nature, but I didn't feel that was a problem here. The author is very flexible in her spiritual terms, and stresses the importance of finding a language that works for you, so if you can read past the terms, into the universal themes, I think it has a lot to offer anyone.
10 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2010
Soul to Soul Parenting is not a religious book, and no matter your beliefs the spiritual guide on raising children is relevant. It teaches morals, love, compassion, and all that good stuff that help you be a better parent which in turn helps your kids be better children and more well grounded for the real world.

Infusing lessons into your children that will last a lifetime and teach them to better parents is part of what this book is about and I enjoyed learning the dead-on accurate, simple, no-nonsense approach this author, Annie Burnside, takes when she wrote this book.

A must have guide in all houses for parents!
Recommended to families, parents, and those looking to begin a family.

Reviewed by Ami Blackwelder
June 27
Hot Gossip Hot Reviews!
on September 24, 2012
A highly enjoyable read. While the author's mission is to show us "how to blaze a spiritual path for your family", it served as a great reminder of something we can all tend to overlook--finding and maintaining a spiritual focus while getting caught up in the daily machinations of life.

For those looking to stay in touch with their spiritual side, Burnside has some helpful ways to keep us (and our families) on track. Along with several chapters on spiritual themes for family discussions, her book offers a list of 22 ways to access the divine and "integrate spirituality into your family's daily life" including passages on active meditation, conscious breathing and nature. ~Tom Rapsas, Author Life Tweets: Inspirational & Spiritual Insights That Can Change Your Life.
on June 21, 2011
Soul To Soul Parenting is jam packed with spiritual information, engaging family activities and universal tools. A superb guide to formulate a deliberate family foundation that can carry on generations to generations.There's enough information to jump start any family on a conscious parenting path. There's a reason Soul To Soul parenting won the 2011 Nautilus Silver Book Award. It's exceptional!
~ Carol Lawrence and Stacy Toten
Intentional Conscious Parenting
Soul to Soul Parenting: A Guide to Raising a Spiritually Conscious Family
on May 30, 2010
No matter what your personal beliefs are, this book empowers parents to share their spirituality with their children. This book definitely leans towards the non-traditional, however, I liked that the author feels parents know what's best for their family and then goes on in a practical, organized way to offer guidelines and "spiritual vehicles" for teaching children. These are "how-to" methods for imparting spirituality to your family. There are simple ideas that work, for example, connecting to your spirituality through nature, art or the family meeting. There are more complex methods as well. I also appreciated some ideas I'd never hear of, like utilizing a blessing bowl. Then there are the chapters on different spiritual themes that could be taught either formally or informally. All these themes can be revisited time and time again in family discussions. I liked the chapter on boundaries. Although I've taught my children about boundaries, here it is presented from a spiritual perspective, as well as ways to create boundaries from negative energy. The whole book is written a positive, gentle voice that is quite lovely. There are many nods to spiritual teachers and masters, all brought back to parenting "how to's." The book's language is inclusive of all spiritual beliefs through the ages: it might not appeal to some of the traditionally religious, however, all of the vehicles for teaching and the themes to teach could be adapted to any religious teachings or spiritual practice. I recommend this book for all parents trying to teach deep ideas to their children and to create a spiritual family.