Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Chronicles of the Sword mode allows your original character to play through a mode much like real-time simulation -- you can see your own character in the battles that unfold
- 3 all-new characters - Zasalamel, Tira and Setsuka wield their specialty weapons to join the classic cast, for a total of over 25 characters
- All-new stages for battle, from a castle in Germany to a shrine in Greece, or even at the top of a clock tower.
- Prepare yourself for battle in Practice mode, enjoy unique battles in the Soul Arena, or view the history of the franchise and everything you've unlocked in Museum mode
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The legendary battle of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge moves to the next phase in SOULCALIBUR III, the latest installment in the celebrated weapon-based fighting franchise ? offering players unprecedented variety in gameplay modes and fighting styles. Players can guide the fate of their favorite character in the narrative Tales of Souls mode, play head-to-head with a friend in VS Standard mode, create their own custom fighters in Character Creation mode and battle as these custom fighters in a real-time simulation in Chronicles of the Sword mode. Players can also engage in unique and original battles in Soul Arena mode and even recount the history of the franchise in Museum mode. With an additional three new characters to the existing family of classic warriors, there is a collection of more than 25 playable characters, each with their own unique fighting style.
From the Manufacturer
The unholy sword was sealed by the destined one, but a mysterious individual revives the azure knight, Nightmare. The legendary battle of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge moves to the next phase. Which sword will ultimately prevail? What is the motivation of the three new souls who join the fray? And how will you, the player, become involved in the world of SoulCalibur?
Play as one of your favorite classic characters to follow how their fate unfolds in the Tales of Souls mode. Battle it out against your friends in the Vs. Standard mode. Create your own original character to play in the Character Creation mode. Rise in the ranks in the World Competition mode... Play it any way you want. Get ready for the latest installment of the most dramatic weapon-based fighting franchise on the PlayStation2.
- Customizable characters: Create your own character after you or the ideal warrior you've always wanted to be. Choose the sex, occupation, look, and even a weapon for your own original character.
- Your original character is the star: the Chronicles of the Sword mode allows your original customized character to play through a mode much like real-time simulation--you can see your own character in the battles that unfold.
- Three brand-new characters! Zasalamel, Tira, and Setsuka wield their specialty weapons to join the classic cast for a total of over 25 characters.
- More stages than before: battle it out in more stages than ever, from a castle in Germany to a shrine in Greece, or even at the top of a clock tower.
- ...and more! Get ready for the battles by training in the Practice mode; enjoy unique battles in Soul Arena mode; view the history of the franchise and everything you've unlocked in Museum mode--the variety of modes will keep you playing!
Top customer reviews
For me this is the last good soul calibur game. sc4 just felt weird and I didn't like my equipment determining my stats. No custom classes, no modes.. sc5 i don't even... XD
Anyway I like this game because the effects on sc3 just had me way more into the game and it was fun. Especially that chronicles of the sword. My favorite thing to do on this game was play tournament just to see if i could beat the ai and what kind of messed up way they would find to kill me. XD
I was really pumped when i got this when i was little, and now I'm getting it again as an adult, because this version has great animation, characters, storylines, background. It's just very thorough. Not skyrim thorough, but It's great for nights or weekends when you just want to complete a whole journey in less than a few hours and with a different character.
Talim will always be my favourite.
Then I started reading about Soulcalibur III in gaming magazines such as Game Informer and OPM. The thing that intrigued me about this fighting game was all the talk and speculation about the Create-a-Character mode. Did they mean I could really design my own character? Clothes, skin color, fighting style, etc? Why yes. Yes they did! When the game released, I rushed to my local Hollywood Video and rented it. I must say I quickly became so addicted to designing characters, that I coughed up the fundage and bought the game.
Two words that best sum up this game: Awesome...and...Awesome! I quickly became immersed in the whole Soulcalibur world, not just the Create-a-Character mode. The stories behind every larger than life major character intrigued me. I had to play all their stories and practically live and breathe them every day. Plus the graphics are just stupendous. From the lush panoramic backgrounds to colorful outfits (I can even tweak the colors on the main characters), I'm left simply breathless at times by the stunning visuals.
Another awesome feature: It's a fighting game with weapons! Swords, katanas, scissors, you-name-it. There's even a weapon that looks like a squid! And my God, the unlockables! It seems that there is no limit to the characters, artwork, weapons, and special items I can unlock. I can even unlock more characters and job classes for my beloved Create-a-Character mode!
Soulcalibur III got me started, and now I'm a full-fledged Soulcalibur Geek Girl! I've since purchased Soulcalibur II and am planning to order Soul Blade for the ps1. Not to mention all the assorted strategy guides I've bought and an awesome book called "The Art of Soul Calibur II." I'm even thinking of cosplaying for the first time and dressing up as Ivy, one of the main characters.
This is it, folks. This is the ultimate fighting game, in my humble opinion. That is, until Soulcalibur IV is released later this month!