Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on September 18, 2013
I miss the 80’s and when it comes to music even more. I like to see bands from those days still producing works and if they sound like they did, all the better. Soulsville finds Huey and the boys singing some slower bluer music than the more upbeat and pop like songs of yesteryear. Not my favorite kind of music from any year but I did pick this album up hoping a few $$ got back to the guys that helped make the happy soundtrack to my teen years.
on June 9, 2013
I've been a fan of Huey Lewis and the News since the 1980s and was very excited to hear about the 30th Anniversary of 'Sports' Tour. It kicked off right here in NJ, I was able to see the very first show! It was wonderful, to say the least, however, the accompanying CD was not even out yet at the time. So, I came here to order it about a week later and found that there were several albums I had missed over the years. You've got to love Amazon for that reason. : )

I ordered 'Soulsville' (along with the Sports 30th Anniversary) and I really like it! I completely agree with the reviewer who said that unlike "Four Cords and Several Years Ago," this album of covers SO fits Huey and his voice. I've often describe Huey as having a very "soulful" voice - so these songs really make perfect sense.

I'm not familiar with the original songs at all. I just love the sound, they are very upbeat, Huey's voice sounds great and the instrumental parts are awesome. The last song, in fact, is only instrumental and it still fits the HLN sound so well. To someone like me, these songs could just as easily be original Huey Lewis & the News songs.

I highly recommend this album!
on September 24, 2016
I saw them in Reno and they were selling this album and I didn't buy it. I haven't seen it in the local stores so I ordered it. Great Album.
on July 15, 2017
great deal
on September 23, 2011
I recently went to a Huey Lewis & the News concert where Huey promoted this CD. As the title suggests, it reflects a blues and jazz twist that I have not heard from Huey. Some very talented people are involved, specifically for the jazzy blues touch. In the past a lot of Huey's music sounds somewhat the same, but this album offers a very nice twist. There are 4 tracks I really enjoy, but the whole album grows on you. Well done Huey! I noticed, the price increased with purchases right after the concert. Still reasonably priced from Amazon and highly recommended, especially if you are a Huey Lewis and the News fan.
on April 13, 2015
The News has been reviewed! Another fantastic album from one of my all time favorite bands. This one just goes back to their roots and is pure fun to listen to :) Huey fans, this one needs to be in your collection!
on November 14, 2010
I have always loved everything Huey has ever opened his mouth to sing, but this time it's as if Ray Charles jumped into his body for one last hurrah through him. People who say there is no soul in this album don't know soul. Huey does. Highly recommended for anyone who loves Huey, the News and the blues. Don't pick it apart or compare with anything else he has ever done. This album stands on it's own.Just buy it and enjoy it.
on December 7, 2016
iLIKE SOUL MUSIC AND HUEY DOES SOME GREAT CLASSIC SOUL SONGS AND KILLS IT MEANING GREAT!
on July 27, 2017
Wonderfully nostalgic album, great!
on October 21, 2016
Another hit from Huey Lewis love his music good blues music great CD to have in the house