Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sound Medicine: The Complete Guide to Healing with the Human Voice [With Audio CD]
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 25, 2008
Largely self-taught in the developing science of sound medicine, Wayne Perry takes us on a fascinating journey of discovery and self discovery.
His book is very well researched and offers a wealth of relevant information.
His writing makes the subject matter very accessible and inspires to try out many voice exercises that are easy and really fun to do...we learn as we go and find many a treasure hidden in our own voice!
After only 2 weeks of toning, I can honestly say that the exercises allow us to unwrap a vast bouquet of untapped potential as we develop a feedback loop between our vocal apparatus and our brain, resulting in better moods, clearer thinking and a sense of increased presence in the moment: I am excited to find out the longer-term benefits down the road.
A must read for anyone who is interested in self empowerment in the most "organic" way possible. Thank you Wayne Perry!
on March 22, 2009
I have worked with sound using ancient Sanskrit seed sounds with meditation for years now. I think I was looking for something a little more in depth and a little more mystical and detailed as far as healing specific types of physical ailments. The author doesn't mention much of the spiritual aspect until the final chapter. I had the feeling that he was afraid to go there, for fear of losing readers. However, for people totally new to the wonders of sound and alternative spirituality, this is a good first book. As far as the CD goes,I really enjoyed what he had to say about the nature of illness. I just wish he would have said where his information on using specific sounds came from. If he did, I missed it.
on October 18, 2008
This book was unique for me in that it focused on using the human voice for healing instead of musical instruments. Most books in this genre focus on the use of different types of music for healing. It was a very easy read and extensive background was given on the various methods. I was inspired by the exercises. The CD was so good that I didn't even start reading the book for a week.
on February 16, 2010
This book was a fantastic guide for learning about sound healing. It is particularly applicable to those who are new to sound healing methods. The inserted CD provided a wonderful opportunity to practice several of the techniques that are found within the text. This book is easy to read and follow. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in a comprehensive study of sound healing.
on August 25, 2012
I read about half. It was all nice information and maybe I'd have liked the book more if I'd done the exercises more, instead of mostly just reading about them. But I found it difficult and boring to read. Maybe if it was a book on tape...some people don't come off well in written form. Maybe I don't either, I don't know. In any case, I do imagine the author having a nice, resonant voice, what with all the work he does with it.
on April 30, 2012
My score for this book is an average of two scores: 5 for the practical content, 1 for the extraneous fluff, so 3 overall.

Positives: The author is clearly knowledgeable in his craft, and comes across experienced, sagacious, and smooth. He presents easy exercises to assist you in centering yourself, feeling Reality with your voice. The practical content was great, 5 stars!

Cons: I gave it 3 stars, because there was a terrible amount of "fluff". Instead of hitting the ground running (defining vocal healing, it's effects, procedures, etc.), he delves into the physics of aurics, defining a lot of scientific terms; then comes descriptions of sound used in naturopathy and holistic senses; after that, he begins to get "serious". After a few exercises, though, he defines New Agey concepts without tie-in to his subject matter. This detracted, in the main, from his Intended Purpose. Anyone of a Skeptical nature picking this up might put it down quickly because of the gap in practicality and the beginning. Others of a scientific nature, identifying with the physics stuff, would pause at the middle Chakra material....

In summary: great practical material, but you have to skim over a heck of a lot to come to it!
on February 7, 2010
Now -- If our 'brain wave- scientists' can measure what vocal sounds (including words) generate what chemicals in/on/for our brains -- this generation of books will come full circle into a useful tool for 'US' laymen.
on December 23, 2008
I really like this book because you don't have to waste your time doing all the research on this subject. All has been done for you and you just have to read this one book, do what it says and all good will happen. Very relaxing and very easy to read. No difficult explanations. All very simple.
on October 17, 2010
This is an excellent training manual. If you're looking for an intro to sound healing this book is a perfect choice.
on December 13, 2015
Insightful book with CD. I have read it more than once, voice exercises chapter is interesting.