Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 16, 2017
Excellent responsible advice on saving, investing, taxes, long-term care. His basic point is that retirement is not about net worth, it is about cash flow, people should get professional seasons advice about building wealth and protecting it so that it will be there for them in retirement and not be subject to the volatility of the market.

He says that retirement is not one-size-fits-all, some are ultra conservative and would benefit from some sort of hybrid annuity plan, others may prefer A more aggressive approach, others may one the combination of annuities and bonds with index funds.

He is also very passionate about long-term care insurance. He seems to favor life insurance policies with long-term care riders which guarantee that you wont waste money on coverage that you may never need, some of that money can go back to your family.

One take away from the book is that we go to expert doctors when we need the best doctor that we can afford, so why shouldn't we get the best guidance we could possibly get with personal finance?
on May 7, 2014
My husband and I saved for retirement, invested in the market, prepared our wills, and bought long-term care insurance. We thought we were set. Then the tech bubble burst in 2000 and taught us that we needed professional help. For several years, we watched our investments fluctuate, and we worried about what would happen after we retired.

We purchased a copy of Jason Parker’s first book two years ago and applied many of the principles he explains so clearly. His new book, Sound Retirement Planning, includes all these principles plus new, updated information that all retirees and pre-retirees must know. The chapter “Can I Afford to Retire?” was crucial in helping us structure our assets to ensure ongoing income and maintain the bulk of those assets throughout our retirement years, with minimal risk.

We are now in our second year of retirement, and we no longer worry about outliving our assets. The peace of mind is priceless! If you are the least bit insecure about how to plan for your retirement, you must read this book! We’re giving copies to our adult children, too, so they can start planning early!

The author of this book provided a pre-sale pdf copy of the book to me for free.
on August 1, 2014
I've read several books over the past few months as I plan my retirement. This was the best; hands down. I will re-read this one and keep it as a reference.
on January 11, 2017
The author has adds color to a somewhat technical, even grim (with actuarial tables hovering in the background) topic by adding his own little stories about many aspects of retirement planning. I soon tired of these and wanted him to get on to the meat of what he had to offer. I appreciated his positive view of the role of annuities in retirement planning, but didn't learn much else from the book.
on May 27, 2014
Read this from cover to cover and was very impressed by the concise presentation in layman's terms. Jason has a firm grasp on what it takes to retire and preserve one's savings so that one has quality of life until life's end. Also appreciated the auxiliary issues presented: long term health insurance, legal papers deemed quite necessary for this phase of life, place of living, questions to ask, and the wisdom passed on to Jason by his clients that is of benefit to everyone. This is a "keeper" book and one to buy for family and friends who are approaching retirement or are already there.
on August 29, 2014
Nearing retirement and looking for information on how to prepare oneself for financial planning, where to invest one's money for the future, I found this to be quite informative on what I need to do in the future to reach those goals to survive through my golden years. What type of investment to consider, how to lower your tax burdens, Will planing for individual, couples, surviving children, those with a small or large estate. A must read for the next big thing in your life.
on March 4, 2015
Jason gives a different perspective on what needs to be done to prepare for retirement and suggests a wide range options to maximize and protect the quality of your retirement. A very good read.
on June 6, 2014
Wow! What a book! I chose this book because I looked for a way to understand finance by someone who knew their stuff! This book gave me something I could get my hands on and review. It is a nice size, easy print and the layout is excellent for memory recall. I have known Jason for a long time, so I trusted his integrity. So many authors presuppose that one understands all the meanings of the initials they throw around, as if every one "talked their language." I was right in choosing this book! He explains all the types of investments, their meanings, how they work, taxes, distributions at critical times, and reminders, as he addresses each investment, giving the reader the meaning of those mysterious initials that leave a lot of us in the dark, making finance seem so insecure, difficult to follow and understand. As in any discipline, finance has its own vocabulary. Jason Parker makes it plain and clear.
You can also use this book as a reference as you delve into this world. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is hoping to retire some day, which is everyone! In retirement we need security. That is precisely what this book affords you.
on June 28, 2016
Good book, worth buying. A very easy read and full of useful information. Full of interesting examples of reasons for following plans. I enjoyed reading this book.
on November 3, 2014
Great read. A lot of information to absorb especially for someone who wants to take control of their own finances but it's a necessary read and he does a great job of bringing this info down to layman's terms.
Thanks for this book. I'm at a point in life that this is sooooooo timely. :)